DW-5610 Model Range *may be updated
Quick Content Guide
- DW-5610 Model Range *in different colors and bands
- General information about the watch *year of first release, model range etc.
- G-Shock DW-5610 Display Guide *for key functions only
- G-Shock DW-5610 on the wrist! *only images and only on the wrist
- DW-5610 Usage Patterns *what the watch is usually meant for
- Feedback from Users and Experts *anonymous from different sources
- G-Shock DW-5610 Watch Review *our detailed review of the watch
- The most distinctive specs *from our Editorial point of view
- Other G-Shock DW Watches *similar by price and functions but different by cases
- Official DW-5610 Specs *all details and for base version DW-5610
- Japanese Unique Features in DW-5610 *the most distinctive features in details
- DW-5610 Comparison Table *with similar G-Shock Watches
- Full Photo Gallery *various images
- Recent News about DW-5610 *the latest breaking news and videos
About the Watch in short. The Japanese released the DW-5610 series, which is aimed at fans of the square, classic G-Shock case in military style. The color scheme of the line is called “Utility Color”, which emphasizes the concept of watches for the style of clothing and your image. If we talk about some innovations, the DW-5610 received a rather interesting bezel. When you often saw the monotony of the case, but in DW-5610 we learned how to use the two-layer method of painting: separately for the bezel and separately for the rest of the case. Only usual electronic features: stopwatch [for as long as 24 hours], timer, alarm clock, calendar. Nothing supernatural, but at the same time very valuable and often used. The batteries last for 2 years. The watch also has electroluminescent backlight. The watch is quite compact [48.9 × 43.8 × 13.5 mm], which suits a lot of people.
|Price||$140 *average Amazon Price, we may earn commission from purchases|
|Year of first Release||2019|
|Suitable for Wrist Size||160 – 210 mm|
|Module Number||3229 / Manual|
|Model Range||ORIGIN (The Line includes watches that are almost the same by design as the first “5600” G-Shock model produced in late 1983. Modern series are of course modified versions as regards of technologies and functions but still have an oldschool and very popular look.)|
|Battery Type||CR2016 (G-Shock Batteries)|
Buy Battery on Amazon →
|Other Divisions the DW-5610 belongs to: *you may find all watches of the division by clicking on the link||G-Shock Digital |
G-Shock DW-5610 Display Guide *for key functions only. For you to know how it works))
To set the time and date
1. Press A while in the Timekeeping Mode. The seconds digits flash on the display because they are selected.
2. Press C to change the selection.
You can set an alarm with hour, minutes, month, and day. When the alarm is on, the alarm sounds for 20 seconds at the preset time. When the Hourly Time Signal is on, the watch beeps every hour on the hour.
The countdown timer can be set within a range of 1 second to 24 hours. When the countdown reaches zero, an alarm sounds for 10 seconds or until you press any button.
The Stopwatch Mode lets you measure elapsed time, split times, and two finishes. The range of the stopwatch is 23 hours, 59 minutes, 59 seconds.
G-Shock DW-5610 on the wrist!
DW-5610 Usage Patterns *what the watch is usually meant for
Feedback from Users *accumulated information from our own comments and emails, forum threads, socials, reviews, etc.
+ finally fresh look
+ looks different/cool
+ looks as good as a square
+ the swap and go bracelet IS a new feature. I’d they come out with a positive display option with that feature
+ especially the 5610 love the solar and multiband 6 features makes things very easy and smooth
– auto backlight returned to be faulty
– display is quite difficult to see sometimes
– cost more than a regular 5600
– isn’t solar Atomic
– too basic
– the adjust button is little inside
Feedback from Experts *based on comparison info with similar watches by price, model range, etc.
+ hourly Time Signal
+ affordable price
+ 1/100-second stopwatch
– no Radio-controlled feature
– no World Time
– only 2 years battery
– no Multi Day Format
– no Multi Language Day
Enjoy our G-Shock DW-5610 Watch Review
DW-5610SUS-5ER differs from its old predecessor. Fundamental changes are manifested in the appearance, unique bezel color, and available removable straps. Yes, the caliber has remained the same, but this does not make the watch old, but on the contrary proves the reliable Japanese perfection, where you are becoming a part of it since 1989. Read Full Review →
What we like in DW-5610 *comments by experts with 10 years experience in writing about Casio watches
— 200-meter water resistance (good for swimming but not for deep diving)
— Bezel molded using two layers of different colors
— Utilitarian colors that go well with street fashions
— Electro-luminescent backlight
— Flash alert (Flashes with buzzer that sounds for alarms, hourly time signals)
Other G-Shock DW Watches *similar by price and functions but different by cases
These are not all G-Shock DW Series. Here is a list of All G-Shock DW Watches →
Official Casio Description. From the G-SHOCK square face DW-5600 Series comes a collection of new models with an innovative structure and attractive design variations.
This new model changes from the past one-piece bezel to a bezel molded using two layers of different colors.
The design concept of this model was to create a lineup of practical and utilitarian colors that go well with street fashions.
The DW-5610SUS comes with a urethane replacement band that can be used as desired in place of its cloth band.
Official DW-5610 Specs / Features *for base version DW-5610
- Case / bezel material: Resin
- Accompanied attached band
- Cloth Band
- Shock Resistant
- Mineral Glass
- 200-meter water resistance
- Electro-luminescent backlight
- Flash alert
Flashes with buzzer that sounds for alarms, hourly time signals
- 1/100-second stopwatch
Measuring capacity: 00’00″00~59’59″99 (for the first 60 minutes)
1:00’00~23:59’59 (after 60 minutes)
Measuring unit: 1/100 second (for the first 60 minutes)
1 second (after 60 minutes)
Measuring modes: Elapsed time, split time, 1st-2nd place times
- Countdown timer
Measuring unit: 1 second
Countdown range: 24 hours
Countdown start time setting range: 1 second to 24 hours (1-second increments, 1-minute increments and 1-hour increments)
- Multi-function alarm
- Hourly time signal
- Full auto-calendar (to year 2039)
- 12/24-hour format
- Regular timekeeping: Hour, minute, second, pm, month, date, day
- Accuracy: ±15 seconds per month
- Approx. battery life: 2 years on CR2016
- Size of case : 48.9×43.8×13.5mm
- Total weight : 51g
Enjoy Japanese Unique Features in DW-5610!
*some images are about G-Shock 5000/5600 cases, but the technology, approaches, concepts and philosophy remains the same for the whole G-Shock Model Range
Hollow case structure. Based on a realization that “shocks are not transmitted inside a bouncing rubber ball,” the structure was designed to let the module float inside the case, relieving shocks transmitted from outside. Today, the module’s shock resistance is realized through further technical innovations. But the revolutionary tough structure that gave G-SHOCK its origin began here.
All-directional covering. If the watch is dropped, the protruding bezel fully enclosing it absorbs the shock, protecting the buttons directly connected to the module and alleviating shocks from all directions. The bezel also guards the surface of the crystal. The band is curved stiffly at the point of connection with the case, moreover, enabling it to serve as a shock absorber and prevent direct shocks to the back of the case.
Protective cushioning of key parts. The crystal oscillator and other critical parts inside the module are guarded individually by cushioning material. Any strong shock to the watch causes immediate distortion of the cushioning inside the module, preventing contact failure and malfunction.
Japan Quality. Constructed with genuine quality, CASIO products provide truly practicable applications in which functionality and beauty combine. The leading-edge LSI technologies and skilled craftsmanship that give life to CASIO watches exemplify the quality Japan boasts in the world marketplace.
For CASIO, “faith in manufacturing” refers to an inexorable advancement of digital technologies and an uncompromising commitment to fine craftsmanship. This faith engenders unparalleled performance that not only elevates CASIO watches as close as possible to perfection, but that actually changes their wearers’ lifestyles.
DW-5610 Comparison Table with similar G-Shock Watches
Year of first Release
±15 seconds per month
±15 seconds per month
Radio-controlled (via atomic watch signals), Bluetooth (via phone app)
G-Shock Connected App (simplifies certain watch operations by letting you perform them on your phone screen)
LED backlight (Super illuminator)
5 daily alarms (with 1 snooze alarm)
Measuring unit: 1 second
Measuring unit: 1 second
Measuring unit: 1 second
Hourly Time Signal
39 time zones (39 cities +coordinated universal time), daylight saving on/off, Home city/World time city swapping, auto summer time (DST) switching
Multi Day Format
Multi Language Day
Case / bezel material
Resin / Stainless steel (Gold ion plated case)
2 years on CR2016
2 years on CR1616
Solar powered CTL1616
Size (mm) *we consider 48.9×42.8×13.4 to be a traditional watch size (as in DW-5600). So you are to compare how far or close the watch is to this size
Full features (if you want to know more)
DW-5610 Replacement Band (Strap) *availability
We think it is very important (before buying a new watch) to know if there will be some choice as for replacement bands for DW-5610 (in future or even now). So we made a research and you shouldn’t worry about your future as the bands are available for buying.
Recent News about DW-5610 *on casiofanmag.com
- Enjoy our research as for DW-5610 PROs & CONs features. We analyzed user reviews, forum threads, and other social signals. Then we deleted duplicates and listed only unique and important features. Feedback from Users *accumulated information from our own comments and emails, forum threads, socials, reviews, etc. PROs+ finally fresh look+ looks […]
- Can’t choose between G-Shock DW-5610, GM-S5600 and GW-B5600? Enjoy our comparison table and the best features unique list of each series. *Want to compare some other features? Please, comment and we will improve our table. GW-B5600 ProfileAverage Amazon Price: $200 (yes, we may earn a commission on qualifying purchases from our links […]
- DW-5000 started in 1983… With the following Technical Specs / 1545 1/100-second stopwatch Measuring capacity: 00’00″00 ~ 59’59.99″ (for the first 60 minutes) 1:00’00 ~ 23:59’59 (after 60 minutes) Measuring capacity: 1/100 second (for the first 60 minutes) 1 second (after 60 minutes) Measuring modes: Elapsed time, split time, 1st-2nd place times […]
Not sure about DW-5610? There are more G-Shocks!