GA-800 Model Range *may be updated
Quick Content Guide
- GA-800 Model Range *in different colors and bands
- General information about the watch *year of first release, model range etc.
- G-Shock GA-800 Display Guide *for key functions only
- G-Shock GA-800 on the wrist! *only images and only on the wrist
- GA-800 Usage Patterns *what the watch is usually meant for
- Feedback from Users and Experts *anonymous from different sources
- GA-800 Limited Editions *unique style, materials, and price
- The most distinctive specs *from our Editorial point of view
- Other G-Shock GA Watches *similar by price and functions but different by cases
- Official GA-800 Specs *all details and for base version GA-800-1A
- Japanese Unique Features in GA-800 *the most distinctive features in details
- GA-800 Comparison Table *with similar G-Shock Watches
- Full Photo Gallery *various images
- Recent News about GA-800 *the latest breaking news and videos
About the Watch in Short. Representative of the youth series GA in a small building. The watch has a compact display with one digital window, on which all the necessary information is placed. The hands are distinct and pointed, and the hour markers are large and made in a voluminous format, so there will definitely be no problems with the readability of the dial. For ease of use of all functions, it is possible to move the Hand Shift arrows so that they do not block the electronic panel. The GA-800 is sharpened under a stopwatch – it starts with one press of the Start button on the right side of the case and up to 120 laps can be stored in memory. A separate remote button on the front side is responsible for activating the backlight – two LEDs illuminate both the analog and digital zones.
|Price||$150 *average Amazon Price, we may earn commission from purchases|
|Year of first Release||2017|
|Suitable for Wrist Size||160 – 230 mm|
|Module Number||5535 / Manual|
|Model Range||STANDART ANA-DIGI (This Line includes Digital and Analog displays on G-Shocks that are the best in “price/quality” category. Usually have traditional digital functions, but with beautiful hands. Don’t worry, the hands won’t prevent you from seeing digits, since there is a special Hand Shift technology that moves them to the neutral position)|
|Battery Type||CR2016 (G-Shock Batteries)Buy Battery on Amazon →|
G-Shock GA-800 Display Guide *for key functions only. For you to know how it works))
Use the Timekeeping Mode to set and view the current time and date.
– Press (A) to toggle the digital display between date/day of the week and hour/minutes/seconds.
The stopwatch measures elapsed time and lap times. Up to 120 lap times can be stored in memory.
Viewing Lap Time Records
Use the Data Recall Mode to view lap time records.
Entering the Data Recall Mode displays the start date (month, day, day of the week) and time of the most recent session.
The countdown timer can be set within a range of one second to 100 minutes. An alarm sounds when the countdown reaches zero.
G-Shock GA-800 on the wrist!
GA-800 Usage Patterns *what the watch is usually meant for
Feedback from Users *accumulated information from our own comments and emails, forum threads, socials, reviews, etc.
+ easily visible Digital display
+ rugged look
+ timekeeping reliability
+ light weight
+ great, not too bulky and has second hands
+ has a tactical look but easy to read and it’s ANALOG
+ looks good and easy to read
– the resin texture
– I only wish they’d put some lume on the hour markers as well
– longer timer and stopwatch
– not solar
– not radio controlled
– light button is too prominent, spoils the whole look of the watch
Feedback from Experts *based on comparison info with similar watches by price, model range, etc.
+ hourly Time Signal
– no Radio-controlled feature
– no World Time
– 3 years battery
– no Magnetic Resistance
– not too small 54.1×48.6×15.5mm
GA-800 Limited Editions *unique style, materials, and price
The Listing of All G-Shock GA-800 Limited Watches → *with detailed description about the style
What we like in GA-800 *comments by experts with 10 years experience in writing about Casio watches
— 200-meter water resistance (good for swimming but not for deep diving)
— Lap Memory 120 (watch can store up to 120 records of lap times during the stopwatch on)
— One Press stopwatch activation (One press elapsed time measurement start from the Timekeeping Mode)
Other G-Shock GA Watches *similar by price and functions but different by cases
These are not all G-Shock GA Series. Here is a list of All G-Shock GA Watches →
Official Casio Description. From G-SHOCK, the watch brand that is constantly setting new standards for timekeeping toughness, comes new GA-800 three-hand analog-digital combination models.
These new designs feature a distinctively G-SHOCK design with a front button at 6 o’clock. The base model is the compact case GA-800, whose thin design provides a better fit to the wrist. The combination format enables all the easy readability of analog timekeeping, which is further enhanced by an independently driven second hand, and a big, multi-dimensional hour markers.
These models are available in either black or red, which are both G-SHOCK brand colors.
All the practicality of the analog-digital format, Super Illuminator double LED light, a hand shift function, and much more add up to the ultimate in timekeeping convenience.
Official GA-800 Specs / Features *for base version GA-800-1A
- Case / bezel material: Resin
- Resin Band
- Shock Resistant
- Mineral Glass
- 200-meter water resistance
- Double LED light
LED light for the face (Auto LED light, Super illuminator, selectable illumination duration (1.5 seconds or 3 seconds), afterglow)
LED back light for the digital display (Auto LED light, Super illuminator, selectable illumination duration (1.5 seconds or 3 seconds), afterglow)
- Dual time (Home city time swapping)
- 1/100-second stopwatch
00’00”00~59’59”99 (for the first 60 minutes)
1:00’00~23:59’59 (after 60 minutes)
1/100 second (for the first 60 minutes)
1 second (after 60 minutes)
Memory capacity: Up to 120 records (used by lap time records)
Recorded data: Up to 120 records (lap numbers, lap time, measurement start month, day, time, date)
Direct timing start from the timekeeping mode
- Countdown timer
Measuring unit: 1 second
Countdown range: 100 minutes
Countdown start time setting range: 1 second to 100 minutes (1-second increments, 1-minute increments)
- 5 daily alarms
- Hourly time signal
- Hand shift feature (Hands move out of the way to provide an unobstructed view of digital display contents.)
- Full auto-calendar (to year 2099)
- 12/24-hour format
- Button operation tone on/off
- Regular timekeeping
Analog: 3 hands (hour, minute (hand moves every 10 seconds), second)
Digital: Hour, minute, second, pm, month, date, day
- Accuracy: ±15 seconds per month
- Approx. battery life: 3 years on CR2016
- Size of case : 54.1×48.6×15.5mm
- Total weight : 63g
Enjoy Japanese Unique Features in GA-800!
*some images are about G-Shock 5000/5600 cases, but the technology, approaches, concepts and philosophy remains the same for the whole G-Shock Model Range
Hollow case structure. Based on a realization that “shocks are not transmitted inside a bouncing rubber ball,” the structure was designed to let the module float inside the case, relieving shocks transmitted from outside. Today, the module’s shock resistance is realized through further technical innovations. But the revolutionary tough structure that gave G-SHOCK its origin began here.
All-directional covering. If the watch is dropped, the protruding bezel fully enclosing it absorbs the shock, protecting the buttons directly connected to the module and alleviating shocks from all directions. The bezel also guards the surface of the crystal. The band is curved stiffly at the point of connection with the case, moreover, enabling it to serve as a shock absorber and prevent direct shocks to the back of the case.
Protective cushioning of key parts. The crystal oscillator and other critical parts inside the module are guarded individually by cushioning material. Any strong shock to the watch causes immediate distortion of the cushioning inside the module, preventing contact failure and malfunction.
Japan Quality. Constructed with genuine quality, CASIO products provide truly practicable applications in which functionality and beauty combine. The leading-edge LSI technologies and skilled craftsmanship that give life to CASIO watches exemplify the quality Japan boasts in the world marketplace.
For CASIO, “faith in manufacturing” refers to an inexorable advancement of digital technologies and an uncompromising commitment to fine craftsmanship. This faith engenders unparalleled performance that not only elevates CASIO watches as close as possible to perfection, but that actually changes their wearers’ lifestyles.
GA-800 Comparison Table with similar G-Shock Watches
Year of first Release
±15 seconds per month
Radio-controlled (via atomic watch signals)
Double LED light
Double LED light
5 daily alarms
5 daily alarms
Measuring unit: 1 second
Measuring unit: 1 second
Hourly Time Signal
31 time zones (48 cities + coordinated universal time), daylight saving on/off, Home city/World time city swapping
Case / bezel material
Resin / Stainless steel
3 years on CR2016
Solar powered CTL920
Size (mm) *we consider 48.9×42.8×13.4 to be a traditional watch size (as in DW-5600). So you are to compare how far or close the watch is to this size
Full features (if you want to know more)
GA-800 Replacement Band (Strap) *availability
We think it is very important (before buying a new watch) to know if there will be some choice as for replacement bands for GA-800 (in future or even now). So we made a research and you shouldn’t worry about your future as the bands are available for buying.
Recent News about GA-800 *on casiofanmag.com
- Enjoy our research as for GA-800 PROs & CONs features. We analyzed user reviews, forum threads, and other social signals. Then we deleted duplicates and listed only unique and important features. Feedback from Users *accumulated information from our own comments and emails, forum threads, socials, reviews, etc. PROs+ easily visible Digital display+ […]
- Can’t choose between G-Shock GA-800 and GAW-100? Enjoy our comparison table and the best features unique list of each series. *Want to compare some other features? Please, comment and we will improve our table. GA-800 ProfileAverage Amazon Price: $150 (yes, we may earn a commission on qualifying purchases from our links to […]
- G-SHOCK head-to-head themed watch and the national trendy brand TAKA ORIGINAL jointly launched the joint trendy GA-800DC-1APRTAKA set with design elements of “traveling”, “time travel” and “reversing time and space”.The watch box is printed with a wormhole, and the TAKA ORIGINAL brand concept CREATE THE FUN is printed on the watch. Its […]
You ask, we answer…
The watch is good for swimming but not for deep diving.
The watch can store up to 120 records of lap times during the stopwatch on.
One press elapsed time measurement start from the Timekeeping Mode.
Not sure about GA-800? There are more G-Shocks!