Starting from the end of the 1990s, G-SHOCK and BABY-G have been issuing special models in collaboration with and in support of various different environmental organizations. In 2019, BABY-G continue to endorse and support AQUA PLANET, an NPO that works towards regeneration of coral reefs.
This new model his themed on the bright pink coral reefs of the ocean.
Designed in the image of cauliflower coral (Pocillopora damicornis), the entire watch is colored in various shades of pink. A drawing at 4 o’clock shows a redhead goby, which is a fish that lives inside of coral reefs.
The band sports the AQUA PLANET logo, and the text “Love The Sea And The Earth” appears on both the band and the back cover. The special pink package of this model is decorated with images of the coral-dwelling clown fish and redhead goby.
This special model helps promote ocean conservation and preservation of its aquatic life.
BGA-250 Profile / Casio Baby-G
Average Amazon Price: $105 (yes, we may earn a commission on qualifying purchases from our links to Amazon)
Year of first release: 2019
Nominations: best design, best price
The most distinctive specs:
– 100-meter water resistance (good for swimming but not for deep diving)
– Neon Illuminator (Illuminating the display causes the face, and hour and minute hands to glow with neon color, which looks great late on a dark outdoor night)
– World time (Displays the current time in major cities and specific areas around the world)
– Stopwatch (Measuring capacity: 59’59; Measuring modes: Elapsed time, split time, 1st-2nd place times)
– Timer (Countdown range: 60 minutes; Auto-repeat, time up alarm)
– 5 daily alarms (The daily alarm reminds you about recurring events with an acoustic signal at the time you have set. This model has 5 independent alarms for flexible reminders of important appointments)
– 3-years battery
Other colors and full specs: BGA-250 Wiki Page