Casio Computer will release the second collaboration model of Honda Racing developed by Honda Motor Co., Ltd. and the thin chronograph “EDIFICE” on October 18. The tax-excluded price is 110,000 yen for the “EQB-1000HRS” (900 limited worldwide) using special materials used in the Honda F1 engine for the bezel. The world-limited 2,900 “EQB-1000HR” is 62,000 yen.
Casio supports the F1 team “Scuderia Toro Rosso” in Honda Racing, a motor sports activity that Honda develops worldwide. In response to the favorable reception of the first collaboration model “EQS-800HR” released in 2018, the second model was a research laboratory that developed Honda’s four-wheeled motorsport technology in cooperation with Honda Racing. Developed jointly with HRD Sakura.
The base model is the EQB-1000 thin chronograph with tough solar and smartphone link function . As for the band material (color), EQB-1000HRS is cross (red). EQB-1000HR is stainless steel (black IP).
The bezel of the “EQB-1000HRS”, which uses the red color of Honda Racing’s image color, uses machined “titanium aluminide”. Titanium aluminide is a special material used in the valves of F1 engines, and commercialized upon receipt from Honda. “A collaboration model with power unit components”. In addition, diamond-like carbon (DLC) processing used inside the engine is applied to the bezel surface to improve wear resistance.
The dial has a gradation color of red and black, reflecting the image of combustion at the moment of ignition in the engine cylinder. The “Honda Racing” logo is designed on the dial and back cover of both models, and on the EQB-1000HRS band. A card laid out with a picture of the Honda power unit and the F1 car of the “Scuderia Toro Rosso” on which it is mounted was included in the package, creating a premium model.
The main body is waterproof at 10 bar and has a solar charging system. In correspondence with “mobile link function” connected with smartphone via Bluetooth (BLE), world time setting and time adjustment can be easily operated using a smartphone application.
Continuous drive time is about 19 months (power saving state). The external dimensions are 49.9 x 45.6 x 8.9 mm. Weight is about 64g for EQB-1000HRS. EQB-1000HR is about 135g.
EQB-1000 Profile / Casio Edifice
Average Amazon Price: $330 (yes, we may earn a commission on qualifying purchases from our links to Amazon). Check the Price on Amazon →
Year of first release: 2019
Nominations: best design, best materials, best functions, best size
The most distinctive specs:
– 100-meter water resistance (good for swimming but not for deep diving)
– Edifice Connected App (you may manage all watch settings through your phone)
– Mobile link (Wireless linking using Bluetooth(R)) (for time sync with your phone data)
– Tough Solar (CASIO’s original solar-charging system converts not only sunlight but also light from fluorescent lamps and other sources into power)
– Sapphire crystal (no scratches, no flares)
– Last Lap Differential Indicator (When using the watch to measure lap times, the difference between the current lap and the last lap is indicated by a dial within a range of –5 to +1 seconds)
– Dual Dial World Time (A dial on the face of the watch always shows the current time in another zone whenever you need it. A sub-dial also indicates a.m. or p.m. at a glance)
Other colors and full specs: EQB-1000 Wiki Page
Edifice EQB-1000 Rating System