EDIFICE is a high-performance metal watch with the concept of “Speed and Intelligence”. This new model is a collaboration with the “Scuderia Toro Rosso” team that is active in the F1 race. Casio has sponsored Scuderia Toro Rosso as an official partner since 2016.
The EQB-1000TR and EFR-S567YTR colored the watch based on the STR14 body colors of blue, red, and silver, with the Scuderia Toro Rosso 2019 machine “STR14” as a motif.
The entire dial, excluding the bezel and in-dial, is made of carbon, which is essential for racing cars. It is said that it expresses the fertility of motor sports. The dial and back cover are decorated with the team logo, and the 9 o’clock in-dial is decorated with an illustration of the cow, a symbol of the Scuderia Toro Rosso team.
The base model is EDIFICE’s thin chronograph ” EQB-1000 “. In addition to using carbon laminated parts for the entire bezel, pay attention to the material of the band that has a red line on the blue background. This band is a Kevlar fiber insert cloth using CORDURA fabric and is excellent in lightness, fit and durability.
Link with smartphone via Bluetooth. Using the smartphone app, you can set the correct time and set the world time. Full stopwatch and lap functions.
The last lap indicator that is installed shows the time difference from the previous time in-dial in the range of -5 to +1 second. With the stopwatch function, measurement results can be transferred to a smartphone app, and 200 types can be recorded in 1/1000 second increments.
EQB-1000 Profile / Casio Edifice
Year of first release: 2019
Nominations: best design, best materials, best functions, best size
The most distinctive specs:
– 100-meter water resistance (good for swimming but not for deep diving)
– Edifice Connected App (you may manage all watch settings through your phone)
– Mobile link (Wireless linking using Bluetooth(R)) (for time sync with your phone data)
– Tough Solar (CASIO’s original solar-charging system converts not only sunlight but also light from fluorescent lamps and other sources into power)
– Sapphire crystal (no scratches, no flares)
– Last Lap Differential Indicator (When using the watch to measure lap times, the difference between the current lap and the last lap is indicated by a dial within a range of –5 to +1 seconds)
– Dual Dial World Time (A dial on the face of the watch always shows the current time in another zone whenever you need it. A sub-dial also indicates a.m. or p.m. at a glance)
Average Amazon Price: $330 (yes, we may earn a commission on qualifying purchases from our links to Amazon)
Other colors and full specs: EQB-1000 Wiki Page
All Edifice Watches on Active Sale in 2020 — our verified and complete guide