TOKYO, September 14, 2020 — Casio Computer Co., Ltd. announced today the release of new additions to the EDIFICE line of high-performance metal chronographs based on the brand concept of “Speed and Intelligence.” The new EQB-1100AT and ECB-20AT watches are collaboration models with Scuderia AlphaTauri Formula One team, winner of the 2020 Italian GP.
Casio had been an official partner of the Scuderia Toro Rosso Formula One team since 2016. This season, the team changed its name to Scuderia AlphaTauri. The EQB-1100AT and ECB-20AT collaboration models are the first since the team changed its name. The dials feature a gradated navy blue and white color scheme, taking after the Scuderia AlphaTauri team colors and exactly the same navy blue as the EDIFICE brand color. The ECB-20AT features a navy blue case and band. Both models are inscribed with the team logo on the dial, case back, and band, part of a design that is infused with the world view of Scuderia AlphaTauri.
The EQB-1100AT features a thin 9.6 mm case and an octagonal bezel combined with carbon, a material extensively used in motorsports. The watch can simultaneously display the time in two cities. The ECB-20AT is based on the earlier ECB-20 model, and is equipped with a Schedule Timer, with the addition of a leather band inscribed with the team logo. On both models, the face is made of scratch-resistant sapphire crystal, tough enough for team mechanics to use in the paddock and pits. The watches also automatically adjust the time when paired with a smartphone using a dedicated app. Both models are inscribed with the team logo on the dial, case back, and band, part of a design that is infused with the world view of Scuderia AlphaTauri. These are truly special collaboration models that support team members who travel around the world and need to schedule things down to the minute.
EQB-1100 Profile / Casio Edifice
Average Amazon Price: may be available
Year of first release: 2020
Lineup: Edifice Smartphone Link
The most distinctive specs:
– Multi-needle chronograph (together with newly adopted Octagon bezel creates a sporty yet luxurious design)
– Edifice Connected App (you may manage all watch settings through your phone)
– Mobile link (Wireless linking using Bluetooth(R)) (for time sync with your phone data)
– Tough Solar (CASIO’s original solar-charging system converts not only sunlight but also light from fluorescent lamps and other sources into power)
– Thin case (8.9 mm achieves both high functionality and wearability)
– 100-meter water resistance (good for swimming but not for deep diving)