With this model, you can easily set the tide information and sunrise / sunset times required by surfers from around 3300 locations built into the dedicated application on the clock side.
In addition, the high-definition MIP (Memory in Pixel) liquid crystal with wide face enhances the visibility. In addition to the conventional model tide graph and moon data display, high tide / low tide time, high tide / low tide level, sunrise It is now possible to display the arrival time of a day. This makes it possible to grasp the current situation in detail at a glance. Together with training measurement functions (distance, speed, pace, lap, pitch measurement), it supports surfers who fly around the world and fight tough from their arms.
Furthermore, this time we have made progress not only in terms of functionality, but also in terms of design, structure, and materials. The bezel is a combination of resin and metal. Stainless steel parts are used for the top of the bezel, and the hairline and honing finish are used to create a design that combines strength and texture. In addition, assuming an environment in which the posture is not stable, a resin guard structure that can withstand shocks from above, below, left and right is used, and with the button guard at the 6 o’clock position, it has shock resistance performance unique to G-SHOCK. The band uses a soft urethane band with a slit at the base of the 6 o’clock position that allows for fit, water, and sweat escape, and pursues comfort.
This is the birth of the new G-LIDE, which has undergone an omnidirectional evolution in function, design, structure, and materials.
Average Amazon Price: 190$ (yes, we may earn a commission on qualifying purchases from our links to Amazon)
Year of first release: 2020
Best for: Top in G-Shock Lookbooks
Lineup: G-LIDE (Extreme Sports Line with Tide Graph, Moon Data, high tide and low tide times, and sunrise and sunset times. Designed and specifically made for the surfing market. Surfers like G-LIDE for unique surfing functions and for good water resistance). All G-Shock G-Lide Watches →
Nominations: best design, best functions
The most distinctive specs:
– 200-meter water resistance (good for swimming but not for deep diving)
– MIP (Memory In Pixel) LCD (improves display readability of standard functions like Tide Graph, Moon Data, high tide and low tide times, and sunrise and sunset times)
– G-SHOCK Move App (Increase motivation by managing measurement data and training history with the app, which automatically creates training plans tailored to set targets)
– Mobile link (Wireless linking using Bluetooth(R)) (for time sync with your phone data)
– Training Function (Display of distance, speed, pace, and other calculated values based on accelerometer, auto/manual lap times, Auto Pause, target alert setting (time, calories burned) on/off, training display customization (elapsed time, distance, pace, lap time, lap distance, lap pace, average pace, speed, average speed, calories burned))
– Step count (A built-in 3-axis acceleration sensor begins counting steps the moment you start to walk.)
– Moon data (moon age of the specific date)
– Tide graph (tide level for specific date and time)
– Sunrise, sunset time display (Sunrise time and sunset time for specific date, daylight pointers)
Other colors and full specs: GBX-100 Wiki Page