From the G-SHOCK and Master of G series, which are intended for use on the extreme land where rubble and earth and sand are piled up and scattered, a new model “Black Out” with a matte texture black appears.
This time, we focused on black thoroughly, and made it possible to feel the texture of resin and the rugged design unique to Master of G series. The base model adopts “RANGEMAN” GW-9400 equipped with a direct time stamp function that can store the time with one push.
The appearance of a toughness watch equipped with functions that support accurate judgment and action under various circumstances.
Average Amazon Price: $240 (yes, we may earn a commission on qualifying purchases from our links to Amazon)
Year of first release: 2013
Best for: Top in G-Shock Lookbooks
Lineup: PROFESSIONAL (G-Shock Professional Line includes watches that can really help you survive under hard, tough conditions. They are well equipped and have the best tough specs.) All G-Shock Professional Watches →
Nominations: best design, best resistance, best functions
The most distinctive specs:
– 200-meter water resistance (good for swimming but not for deep diving)
– Tough Solar (CASIO’s original solar-charging system converts not only sunlight but also light from fluorescent lamps and other sources into power)
– Radio-controlled Watch; Multi band 6 (additional way for time sync. This watch receives time calibration radio signals that keep the displayed time accurate)
– Digital compass (measures and displays direction as one of 16 points)
– Thermometer (can measure and display the outside temperature in a range from -10 C to 60 C)
– Barometer (measures the air pressures and displays tendencies in the weather)
– Altimeter (The electronic mechanism “estimates” the altitude based on the air pressure)
– Sunrise, sunset time display (Sunrise time and sunset time for specific date, daylight pointers)
Other colors and full specs: GW-9400 Wiki Page