Meanwhile, Casio decided to show updated versions of sports giants GBD-H1000 with an optical heart rate sensor. Despite the rather defiant appearance, which has to have some explanation [in an ideal world], the Japanese decided not to invent the bike and just showed a new style without any history around it.
The feature of the new products is a translucent resin material, which seems to “hold” the watch and protects it [acting as bezel protectors]. Thanks to the translucency, the watch has a completely atypical image and it’ s hard to say what color the bezel is [color range is blurred]. Yes, the Japanese can play with colors, you can’t argue with that…
Among the new information about the GBD-H1000 series, we would note the usage of sports data analysis by means of algorithms from “FIRSTBEAT technologies”. These guys have long proved that their data helps elite athletes to improve their sports performance.
The data perfectly fits into any cardio activity, so, considering the current state with the “PANDEMIA”, the watch will be perfect just to control your own health [in terms of sports activities, of course]. Okay, if not everyone understands, FIRSTBEAT can perfectly analyze your sports load and allows you to respond properly to it.
Yes, it is not a secret, the “smart story” is quite complicated for the Japanese, because they need to control not only the hard component [the watch itself], but also the soft [software], however, GBD-H1000 proves their desire to develop and be available in this market.
We are only confused by the size of the GBD-H1000 [63×55×20.4].
Average Amazon Price: 400$ (yes, we may earn a commission on qualifying purchases from our links to Amazon)
Year of first release: 2020
Lineup: G-SQUAD (A new sports line that supports your active life by managing your daily exercise using your watch and smartphone. All watches are equipped with health and fitness support functions, include a 3-axis accelerometer that keeps track of step count, a Multi-Timer that lets you create up to 20 timer combinations of five timers each, memory for up to 200 lap records, and with the help of the phone app, a calorie-use counter. Ideal for interval training for running, gym activities and other sports.) All G-Shock G-SQUAD Watches →
Best for: Military, Army and Police Use, Running and Swimming, Big Wrists, Sports and Gym
The most distinctive specs:
– 200-meter water resistance (good for swimming but not for deep diving)
– Heart rate monitor (Optical sensors on case back of watch LED light, detect the blood flow under the skin, and measure heart rate)
– Step Count (3-axis accelerometer detects body movements and measures step count and distance travelled. Also interpolates distance measurements in environments where GPS measurement is unavailable)
– G-SHOCK Move App (Increase motivation by managing measurement data and training history with the app, which automatically creates training plans tailored to set targets)
– Mobile link (Wireless linking using Bluetooth(R)) (for time sync with your phone data)
– Training Function (Display of distance, speed, pace, and other calculated values based on accelerometer, auto/manual lap times, Auto Pause, target alert setting (time, calories burned) on/off, training display customization (elapsed time, distance, pace, lap time, lap distance, lap pace, average pace, speed, average speed, calories burned))
– Digital compass (measures and displays direction as one of 16 points)
– Thermometer (can measure and display the outside temperature in a range from -10 C to 60 C)
– Barometer (measures the air pressures and displays tendencies in the weather)
– Altimeter (The electronic mechanism “estimates” the altitude based on the air pressure)
– GPS Functionality (Acquires data of current location from GPS satellite, measures distance travelled, speed, pace, and other data. In addition to GPS, the watch acquires data from GLONASS and Michibiki (QZSS) satellite systems)
– Display of Route Travelled (Link to a smartphone for map display of movement track on an app)
– Notification Mode (Displays Bluetooth®-connected smartphone call, email, and SNS message receipt notifications for ease of checking even while exercising)
– Tough Solar (CASIO’s original solar-charging system converts not only sunlight but also light from fluorescent lamps and other sources into power)
– USB Charging (After about 2.5 hours of charging, training features can be used continuously for up to 14 hours)-
Other colors and full specs: GBD-H1000 Wiki Page
All G-Shock Watches on Active Sale in 2020 — our verified and complete guide