Casio showcased the latest model “GPR-B1000” of the shock-resistant watch “G-SHOCK RANGEMAN” (Rangemen) series at “CES 2018” in Las Vegas, USA. It is the smart model that supports GPS navigation for the first time as a G – SHOCK series and also supports smartphone linkage. It will be released in the United States and abroad on and after March.
The new RANGEMAN is a concept of “survival / toughness” that resists low-temperature, 20 atm waterproof, dustproof / muddy design and tough environments up to -20 ° C in the impact resistant structure. Moreover, if you pair with the dedicated application “G – Shock Connected” compatible with Android / iOS with Bluetooth, it is also close to smart watch. For example, you can quickly perform the setting of the main body by pressing the main body button tightly with the touch operation.
In addition to being able to display the current location and the direction of the destination on the route in real time by using the GPS navigation function, it can be used as a way guide, and in order to memorize the route that passed automatically, when you want to return to the departure point, set the route from the outward route information it can. Also equipped with a “point memory function” (up to 60 points) that can record information such as latitude, longitude, altitude, atmospheric pressure, temperature just by pressing the button on the main unit. Using the application’s G-Shock Connected, you can display the picture taken with the smartphone and the point information together in the timeline.
The main screen was monochrome liquid crystal with emphasis on power saving design. The material of the back panel adopts a 2 mm thick ceramic panel in order to perform wireless charging efficiently without lowering the radio wave sensitivity of the GPS. Touch operation is not supported. It followed the style of an orthodox analog clock operated with buttons and crown (crown) provided on the left and right sides of the bezel.
GPR-B1000 Profile / Casio G-Shock
Average Amazon Price: $750 (yes, we may earn a commission on qualifying purchases from our links to Amazon). Check the Price on Amazon →
Year of first release: 2018
Lineup: PROFESSIONAL (G-Shock Professional Line includes watches that can really help you survive under hard, tough conditions. They are well equipped and have the best tough specs.) All G-Shock Professional Watches →
Best for: Military, Army and Police Use, Big Wrists, Top in G-Shock Lookbooks
The most distinctive specs:
– 200-meter water resistance (good for swimming but not for deep diving)
– G-SHOCK Connected App (you may manage all watch settings through your phone)
– Mobile link (Wireless linking using Bluetooth(R)) (for time sync with your phone data)
– Tough Solar (CASIO’s original solar-charging system converts not only sunlight but also light from fluorescent lamps and other sources into power)
– USB Charging (GPS navigation is usable for approximately 33 hours on a wireless charge of about five hours)
– Mud Resistant (helps to ensure that nothing gets into the watch when down and dirty work takes you deep into the dirt and sludge)
– GPS Navigation (The watch collects location data from GPS satellites to display the current location on a route or bearing to a destination, in real-time)
– Ceramic Case Back (The watch uses a ceramic case back to support wireless charging and high-sensitivity GPS reception)
– Digital compass (measures and displays direction as one of 16 points)
– Thermometer (can measure and display the outside temperature in a range from -10 C to 60 C)
– Barometer (measures the air pressures and displays tendencies in the weather)
– Altimeter (The electronic mechanism “estimates” the altitude based on the air pressure)
– GPS Signal Reception (Acquires positioning and time information from
Other colors and full specs: GPR-B1000 Wiki Page