Among the G – SHOCKs, “RANGENAN (Range Man)” which holds the ultimate survival toughness. The latest series “GPR-B1000” released in March, 2018 is a model equipped with GPS navigation function in addition to measurement of direction, pressure, altitude, temperature. Although we probably will not use it in a survival environment, it is quite interesting to use it in everyday life. So, I went to “GPR – B1000” to check the usability of GPS Navi and took a walk around the city of Tokyo.
“GPR-B1000” can also use various functions such as altitude and temperature measurement, point memory that can record information on the current location only on the main body, but by using the dedicated application “G-SHOCK Connected”, a wider range of enjoyment Be expanded. For example, the GPS function, which is also one of the features of this model, can set more detailed destinations by using dedicated applications. By first selecting a destination on the map on the application and then transferring the data to the main body, the direction to the destination is indicated by an arrow on the liquid crystal panel of the wristwatch. Not only the goal point but also up to nine intermediate points can be set, so if you register delicious eating places and an interesting cafe, you can plan a route assuming a way-back.
The altimeter installed in the “GPR – B1000” is a relative altimeter that calculates the altitude difference from the pressure differential, and it corresponds to -700 m to 10,000 m. When measuring the altitude at the top of the mountain, it was a display of 60 m, but if you set the altitude of the watch to 0 at the point of 0 m above sea level, you can make more accurate measurements. However, since it is “walking” to the last, it may be just as good as enjoying the difference in altitude before climbing and after climbing.
GPR-B1000 Profile / Casio G-Shock
Average Amazon Price: $750 (yes, we may earn a commission on qualifying purchases from our links to Amazon). Check the Price on Amazon →
Year of first release: 2018
Lineup: PROFESSIONAL (G-Shock Professional Line includes watches that can really help you survive under hard, tough conditions. They are well equipped and have the best tough specs.) All G-Shock Professional Watches →
Best for: Military, Army and Police Use, Big Wrists, Top in G-Shock Lookbooks
The most distinctive specs:
– 200-meter water resistance (good for swimming but not for deep diving)
– G-SHOCK Connected App (you may manage all watch settings through your phone)
– Mobile link (Wireless linking using Bluetooth(R)) (for time sync with your phone data)
– Tough Solar (CASIO’s original solar-charging system converts not only sunlight but also light from fluorescent lamps and other sources into power)
– USB Charging (GPS navigation is usable for approximately 33 hours on a wireless charge of about five hours)
– Mud Resistant (helps to ensure that nothing gets into the watch when down and dirty work takes you deep into the dirt and sludge)
– GPS Navigation (The watch collects location data from GPS satellites to display the current location on a route or bearing to a destination, in real-time)
– Ceramic Case Back (The watch uses a ceramic case back to support wireless charging and high-sensitivity GPS reception)
– Digital compass (measures and displays direction as one of 16 points)
– Thermometer (can measure and display the outside temperature in a range from -10 C to 60 C)
– Barometer (measures the air pressures and displays tendencies in the weather)
– Altimeter (The electronic mechanism “estimates” the altitude based on the air pressure)
– GPS Signal Reception (Acquires positioning and time information from
Other colors and full specs: GPR-B1000 Wiki Page