In celebration of Singapore’s 55th Birthday, G-SHOCK unveils a collaborative creation with illustrator and visual artist Adeline Tan aka mightyellow. Available exclusively in Singapore, the special timepiece is based on the brand’s latest GA-140 model.
A passionate supporter of the local arts scene, G-SHOCK has partnered with many different artists to create special editions, from Sam Lo (aka SKL0/your friendly neighbourhood Sticker Lady) to contemporary artist Jahan Loh. This year, the G-SHOCK x mightyellow collaboration reaffirms the brand’s strong artistic street cred DNA, while paying homage to Singapore’s 55 years of independence.
This collectible is based on the canvas of the GA-140, a series of analog-digital combination models which was launched with a new face and hand designs in July 2019. These models inherit the big-case designs from the classic GA-100 with a motif that resembles a 90’s stereo component device or portable music player that is updated to a modern refined look while maintaining G-SHOCK level toughness. The design on the strap of this special edition timepiece features an artistic interpretation of the shapes and colours of the tropical jungle, moving and merging in vibrant dynamism, celebrating diversity and resilience.
“Two years after independence, Singapore set herself a vision to become a garden city. From wild mangroves and jungles to orchids and gingers, the little island reinvented itself over and over. At 55 years of age it is a metropolis that kept her biodiversity thriving and her people adaptable. This design is inspired by her ever changing landscape” says Adeline Tan.
Recent News about GA-140
- [G-Shock 2021] GA-140MG, GA-700MG and others — Green and black
- [G-Shock Old Alternative] AW-570 started in 1997 and how’s it going now?
- [G-Shock Comparison] GA-140 VS GA-2000 VS GA-2100
- [G-Shock Limited] GA-140-1A4NDP20 and Singapore National Day
- [Video] G-Shock GA140GB — Glossy Black Finish with Gold Highlights
Average Amazon Price: $90 (yes, we may earn a commission on qualifying purchases from our links to Amazon)
Year of first release: 2019
STANDART ANA-DIGI (This Line includes Digital and Analog displays on G-Shocks that are the best in “price/quality” category. Usually have traditional digital functions, but with beautiful hands. Don’t worry, the hands won’t prevent you from seeing digits, since there is a special Hand Shift technology that moves them to the neutral position) All G-Shock Standart Ana-Digi Watches →
Best for: Teenagers, Top in G-Shock Lookbooks, Artists, Singers, Dancers…
The most distinctive specs:
– 200-meter water resistance (good for swimming but not for deep diving)
– Speed measurement (if you know the distance, you will know the speed in your watch)
– ISO 764 class magnetic resistant (A magnetic-resistant plate is mounted on the module. The plate prevents magnetic fields from interfering with proper movement of the hands in daily use)
Other colors and full specs: GA-140 Wiki Page