DOVER, NEW JERSEY, June 8, 2020 — Today, Casio (Opens the Casio website in new window)(Opens the website in new window)G-SHOCK unveils three, all-new G-LIDE timepieces, the watch of choice among the world’s top surfers. The new GBX100(Opens the GBX100 website in new window)(Opens the website in new window) models come with the ability to display information required by surfers (high tide and low tide times and levels) and use the newly introduced G-SHOCK Move App(Opens the Move App website in new window)(Opens the website in new window) to link with a smartphone and access a host of mobile link functions. The full-time smartphone link comes with new functions like Tide point settings at approximately 3,300 locations around the world, a step tracker, training plans that can be tailored to your workout goals, and more.
The new GBX100 (Opens the GBX100 website in new window)(Opens the website in new window)line-up takes its styling cues from G-SHOCK (Opens the G-SHOCK website in new window)(Opens the website in new window)’s octagonal case shape and arrives with a blue, gray or white band. The updated case has a wide face design and a new, high-resolution Memory in Pixel (MIP) LCD display that further enhances user experience. Surfers can quickly access standard functions like Tide Graph, Moon Data, high and low tide times, and more with improved visibility. The enhanced display renders important information such as tide and moon data about current conditions at a glance, which, in combination with a collection of training measurement functions (distance, speed, pace, lap, pitch), provides plenty of support for surfers who meet new challenges around the globe.
The latest models possess premium design enhancements as well, like resin and metal double layer bezel made to withstand the impact of underwater rocks. The forged stainless-steel bezel cover features hairline and honed finishes to uphold the look of premium toughness. In addition, the GBX100’s soft urethane band has slits to allow for the draining of water and sweat for improved comfort.
Average Amazon Price: 190$ (yes, we may earn a commission on qualifying purchases from our links to Amazon)
Year of first release: 2020
Best for: Top in G-Shock Lookbooks
Lineup: G-LIDE (Extreme Sports Line with Tide Graph, Moon Data, high tide and low tide times, and sunrise and sunset times. Designed and specifically made for the surfing market. Surfers like G-LIDE for unique surfing functions and for good water resistance). All G-Shock G-Lide Watches →
Nominations: best design, best functions
The most distinctive specs:
– 200-meter water resistance (good for swimming but not for deep diving)
– MIP (Memory In Pixel) LCD (improves display readability of standard functions like Tide Graph, Moon Data, high tide and low tide times, and sunrise and sunset times)
– G-SHOCK Move App (Increase motivation by managing measurement data and training history with the app, which automatically creates training plans tailored to set targets)
– Mobile link (Wireless linking using Bluetooth(R)) (for time sync with your phone data)
– Training Function (Display of distance, speed, pace, and other calculated values based on accelerometer, auto/manual lap times, Auto Pause, target alert setting (time, calories burned) on/off, training display customization (elapsed time, distance, pace, lap time, lap distance, lap pace, average pace, speed, average speed, calories burned))
– Step count (A built-in 3-axis acceleration sensor begins counting steps the moment you start to walk.)
– Moon data (moon age of the specific date)
– Tide graph (tide level for specific date and time)
– Sunrise, sunset time display (Sunrise time and sunset time for specific date, daylight pointers)
Other colors and full specs: GBX-100 Wiki Page