DOVER, NJ, January 13, 2021— Today, Casio(Opens the Casio website in new window)(Opens the website in new window) introduces an all-new timepiece to G-SHOCK(Opens the G-SHOCK website in new window)(Opens the website in new window)’s premium Full Metal Series, the GMWB5000RD-4(Opens the GMWB5000RD-4 website in new window)(Opens the website in new window). The new model is constructed with a tough yet fashionable exterior that boasts an eye-catching red stainless-steel case and solid stainless-steel band.
The latest Full Metal 5000 model carries on the tradition of the original G-SHOCK DW-5000C with its classic square case shape and digital display. The GMWB5000RD-4 also features a band created with a bold red IP finish, and a screw back with a diamond-like carbon finish for outstanding wear resistance.
In addition to an updated look, the new Full Metal timepiece comes equipped with several of G-SHOCK’s new and most premium technical features, including Bluetooth Connectivity via the G-SHOCK Connected app, and Multi-Band 6 Atomic Timekeeping for self-adjusting and accurate hour / date display virtually anywhere on the globe. It also boasts a STN-LCD digital display that makes the watch easy to read from any angle, as well as Tough Solar Technology, making it capable of self-charging even with low sun exposure.
Average Amazon Price: $450 (yes, we may earn a commission on qualifying purchases from our links to Amazon)
Year of first release: 2018
Lineup: ORIGIN (The Line includes watches that are almost the same by design as the first “5600” G-Shock model produced in late 1983. Modern series are of course modified versions as regards of technologies and functions but still have an oldschool and very popular look.) All G-Shock Origin Watches →
Best for: Small Wrists, Office and Formal Wear, Top in G-Shock Lookbooks
The most distinctive specs:
– G-SHOCK Connected App (you may manage all watch settings through your phone)
– Tough Solar (CASIO’s original solar-charging system converts not only sunlight but also light from fluorescent lamps and other sources into power)
– Mobile link (Wireless linking using Bluetooth(R)) (for time sync with your phone data)
– Radio-controlled Watch; Multi band 6 (additional way for time sync. This watch receives time calibration radio signals that keep the displayed time accurate)
– 200-meter water resistance (good for swimming but not for deep diving)
Other colors and full specs: GMW-B5000 Wiki Page
Best Guide to All G-Shock Watches — composed by Experts