Introducing the first analog models for the FROGMAN Series of MASTER OF G ISO 200 m diver-level water resistant watches.
Maintaining the asymmetrical face design that has been the iconic look of this series since its start in 1993, these new models show Home Time, Dual Time, tide information, and dive time measurement in analog format. Large, luminescent hour and minute hands improve readability, and the face is designed to provide intuitive indication of measurement information.
In addition to great designs, these new models also incorporate advances in material, structure, and function. The monocoque structure of this model incorporates the case and back cover into a single unit. The carbon fiber-reinforced resin has a low water absorption coefficient and resists hydrolysis, which results in a higher level of water resistance and greater strength. This, along with the monocoque case, enables ISO 200 m diver-level water resistance.
The external structure that capitalizes on the high strength and lightweight characteristics of the material improves toughness and reduces weight by 22 grams compared with previous GWF-D1000 Series models.
The fluoroelastomer band is dirt-resistant and has a low water absorption coefficient, and the band ring is made of an even harder fluoroelastomer. The result is a band and ring that can stand up to some of the toughest environments imaginable.
Function-wise, these models feature a new module that uses an always connected Bluetooth® system, so settings can be configured using your phone instead of watch button operations.
The hour and minute hands, and the Dual Time hands are driven by three dual-coil motors that enable high-speed movement, and stress-free operation.
A G-SHOCK Connected app can be downloaded to a smartphone and linked with the watch. Then, you can select one of approximately 3,000 locations around the globe and view tide information there. You can also view diving log records on your phone and manage measurement data more efficiently.
Average Amazon Price: 800$ (yes, we may earn a commission on qualifying purchases from our links to Amazon)
Year of first release: 2020
Lineup: PROFESSIONAL (G-Shock Professional Line includes watches that can really help you survive under hard, tough conditions. They are well equipped and have the best tough specs.) All G-Shock Professional Watches →
Best for: Big Wrists, Top in G-Shock Lookbooks
The most distinctive specs:
– ISO 200 meters Water Resistance (good for swimming and professional diving)
– Analog Watch Display (The over-sized dimensional index and hour and minute hands offer improved readability. Three dual-coil motors enable the hour, minute and world time hands to move rapidly so the wearer can switch modes with no delay)
– Carbon Monocoque Case (single carbon Monocoque unit that protects the module from external shock and makes it possible to eliminate carbon guard parts from the buttons on the sides of the case)
– Tough Solar (CASIO’s original solar-charging system converts not only sunlight but also light from fluorescent lamps and other sources into power)
– Radio-controlled Watch; Multi band 6 (additional way for time sync. This watch receives time calibration radio signals that keep the displayed time accurate)
– Fluoroelastomer Band (The fluoroelastomer material provides an excellent fit on the wrist with its soft feel, not to mention exceptional resistance to staining and hydrolysis)
– Diving Mode (The hour and minute hands can be brought together as one at the start of a dive to indicate the diving time)
– G-SHOCK Connected App (you may manage all watch settings through your phone)
– Mobile link (Wireless linking using Bluetooth(R)) (for time sync with your phone data)
– Tide graph (tide level for specific date and time)
– Tide point setting (Some of the world’s major dive spots come pre-set and can be selected from a map or list)
– Diving log (Timeline display of time, date and number of dives along with smartphone-logged dive location and smartphone-shot photos)
Other colors and full specs: GWF-A1000 Wiki Page
Best Guide to All G-Shock Watches — composed by Experts