The GWF-A1000RN-8A is a fancy gray design. The main differences from the base version are the more discreet gray color and the completely new style of the small details on the dial. Pay attention to the bezel – it’s now available in black with an IP finish [though not DLC], which is also great. Don’t forget the monolithic case, also available in black, will go well with the bezel.
In this case, it uses shades of gray, combining with details in “Royal Navy blue” (on bezel, buckle), and red + yellow on the dial: a dial that surprises ENOUGH, in its night lighting (Lumibrite luminescence is very good, and original). Also notable is the frog on the back of the watch, an iconic graphic that has been “customized” for this particular limited edition, the GWF-A1000RN-8AER.
This we see today is the limited edition ‘Royal Navy’, which completes the British Army trilogy, started with the Mudmaster GG-B100BA-1AER British Army (Ground), and continued with the Gravitymaster GR-B200AF-8AER ‘Air Force’ (Air).
The Royal Navy x G-Shock Frogman’s technical specifications are identical to the standard version, which means it has Bluetooth to connect to your phone, so you can set the world time, alarms, and also add dive data from your trips in an app. The Frogman is a true dive watch, with 200 meters of water resistance and ISO certification, meaning it’s far from a showpiece and is ready for use by pro divers.
Average Amazon Price: 800$ (yes, we may earn a commission on qualifying purchases from our links to Amazon)
Year of first release: 2020
Lineup: PROFESSIONAL (G-Shock Professional Line includes watches that can really help you survive under hard, tough conditions. They are well equipped and have the best tough specs.) All G-Shock Professional Watches →
Best for: Big Wrists, Top in G-Shock Lookbooks
The most distinctive specs:
– ISO 200 meters Water Resistance (good for swimming and professional diving)
– Analog Watch Display (The over-sized dimensional index and hour and minute hands offer improved readability. Three dual-coil motors enable the hour, minute and world time hands to move rapidly so the wearer can switch modes with no delay)
– Carbon Monocoque Case (single carbon Monocoque unit that protects the module from external shock and makes it possible to eliminate carbon guard parts from the buttons on the sides of the case)
– Tough Solar (CASIO’s original solar-charging system converts not only sunlight but also light from fluorescent lamps and other sources into power)
– Radio-controlled Watch; Multi band 6 (additional way for time sync. This watch receives time calibration radio signals that keep the displayed time accurate)
– Fluoroelastomer Band (The fluoroelastomer material provides an excellent fit on the wrist with its soft feel, not to mention exceptional resistance to staining and hydrolysis)
– Diving Mode (The hour and minute hands can be brought together as one at the start of a dive to indicate the diving time)
– G-SHOCK Connected App (you may manage all watch settings through your phone)
– Mobile link (Wireless linking using Bluetooth(R)) (for time sync with your phone data)
– Tide graph (tide level for specific date and time)
– Tide point setting (Some of the world’s major dive spots come pre-set and can be selected from a map or list)
– Diving log (Timeline display of time, date and number of dives along with smartphone-logged dive location and smartphone-shot photos)
Other colors and full specs: GWF-A1000 Wiki Page