Moreover, it is not just a composite model, but a carbon composite model that uses carbon for the middle sesame seeds. In addition, carbon material is used for the bezel to match this. It is a model with a special feeling that does not make you feel uncomfortable even if you wear it as if it were James Bond. The price is 170,500 yen and will be released on May 21st.
Let’s take a look at the features of GWF-A1000XC-1AJF. The first thing that stands out is the carbon bezel. It is made by stacking dozens of carbon fiber sheets (prepregs) to make a carbon plate, which is then pressed, cut, and polished.
Carbon material is lightweight and very hard at the same time, and it is difficult to process. Despite this, the depth and accuracy of the engraved characters such as “G-SHOCK” and “SHOCK RESIST” are excellent, and the characters can be clearly seen without relying on color filling.
The orange color is also impressive. I wondered if the metallic ring of the in-dial (San Francisco time in the photo) that represents the world time (and tide point time) at 8 o’clock was vapor deposition, which is the color I see for the first time.
“The plated sheet is color-painted to give it a metallic appearance. This method has already been applied to the previous model, but the orange color is toned exclusively for this model.”
I received the answer. After all newly developed color! There is a sense of premiere in such a place. In addition, it is also the white eyebrows that are summarized with an image that is extremely G-SHOCK. Combined with the carbon bezel, I think it’s the GFW-A1000 that makes you feel the most G-SHOCK-ness ever.
And the biggest feature is the carbon composite band. In addition to carbon sesame seeds, the asymmetrical shape similar to GWF-A1000 is also a highlight. This is the first composite band that is newly designed and manufactured exclusively for this model, not a reusable existing composite band.
GWF-A1000 Profile / Casio G-Shock
Average Amazon Price: $800 (yes, we may earn a commission on qualifying purchases from our links to Amazon). Check the Price on Amazon →
Year of first release: 2020
Lineup: PROFESSIONAL (G-Shock Professional Line includes watches that can really help you survive under hard, tough conditions. They are well equipped and have the best tough specs.) All G-Shock Professional Watches →
Best for: Big Wrists, Top in G-Shock Lookbooks
The most distinctive specs:
– ISO 200 meters Water Resistance (good for swimming and professional diving)
– Analog Watch Display (The over-sized dimensional index and hour and minute hands offer improved readability. Three dual-coil motors enable the hour, minute and world time hands to move rapidly so the wearer can switch modes with no delay)
– Carbon Monocoque Case (single carbon Monocoque unit that protects the module from external shock and makes it possible to eliminate carbon guard parts from the buttons on the sides of the case)
– Tough Solar (CASIO’s original solar-charging system converts not only sunlight but also light from fluorescent lamps and other sources into power)
– Radio-controlled Watch; Multi band 6 (additional way for time sync. This watch receives time calibration radio signals that keep the displayed time accurate)
– Fluoroelastomer Band (The fluoroelastomer material provides an excellent fit on the wrist with its soft feel, not to mention exceptional resistance to staining and hydrolysis)
– Diving Mode (The hour and minute hands can be brought together as one at the start of a dive to indicate the diving time)
– G-SHOCK Connected App (you may manage all watch settings through your phone)
– Mobile link (Wireless linking using Bluetooth(R)) (for time sync with your phone data)
– Tide graph (tide level for specific date and time)
– Tide point setting (Some of the world’s major dive spots come pre-set and can be selected from a map or list)
– Diving log (Timeline display of time, date and number of dives along with smartphone-logged dive location and smartphone-shot photos)
Other colors and full specs: GWF-A1000 Wiki Page
Only Limited Editions: GWF-A1000 Limited Editions
G-Shock GWF-A1000 Rating System