The Tokyo University of Marine Science and Technology is developing and operating a small-sized ROV (Remotely operated underwater vehicle), which is stable enough to be used even in the unique environment of Antarctica, and with it they are investigating the Antarctic lakes.
In order to observe the polar region, it is necessary to manually transport the ROV, so the weight has been a big issue; The machinery to measure depth and direction are no exception. In order to cut down the weight even a little, they are using the FROGMAN, which is equipped with specifications that were developed with the ROV in mind.
The FROGMAN, waterproof and with high measurement accuracy, continues to be the driving force of toughness even in harsh environments, and is now being used in the world’s oceans!
Average Amazon Price: $700 (yes, we may earn a commission on qualifying purchases from our links to Amazon)
Year of first release: 2016
Lineup: PROFESSIONAL (G-Shock Professional Line includes watches that can really help you survive under hard, tough conditions. They are well equipped and have the best tough specs.) All G-Shock Professional Watches →
Best for: Big Wrists, Top in G-Shock Lookbooks
The most distinctive specs:
– ISO 200 meters Water Resistance (good for swimming and professional diving)
– Tough Solar (CASIO’s original solar-charging system converts not only sunlight but also light from fluorescent lamps and other sources into power)
– Radio-controlled Watch; Multi band 6 (additional way for time sync. This watch receives time calibration radio signals that keep the displayed time accurate)
– Digital compass (measures and displays direction as one of 16 points)
– Thermometer (can measure and display the outside temperature in a range from -10 C to 60 C)
– Barometer (measures the air pressures and displays tendencies in the weather)
– Altimeter (The electronic mechanism “estimates” the altitude based on the air pressure)
– Depth Meter (Underwater depth measurement up to 80 meters (in 10 cm units))
– Diving Mode (Dive start time, dive time, minimum water temperature, maximum depth)
– Ascent rate alarm (alerts you when the rate of ascent is 10 meters per minute or faster)
– Moon data (moon age of the specific date)
– Tide graph (tide level for specific date and time)
Other colors and full specs: GWF-D1000 Wiki Page
Only Limited Editions: GWF-D1000 Limited Editions