The inverted LCD looks similar at first glance to the basic black GMW-B5000GD-1 model. Although the number “1” indicates black, it appears to be more grayish or dark metallic color. The surface of the bezel, except for the matte area, appears matte, unlike the glossy surface of the GMW-B5000GD-1. The stainless steel GMW-B5000MB-1 will be more affordable than the recent titanium GMW-B5000TVA-1, and we expect it to be priced around $600 in the United States.
Key features of the GMW-B5000MB-1 include shock resistance, 200-meter water resistance, Tough Solar power, Multi-Band 6 radio wave automatic time synchronization, Bluetooth smartphone communication, and fully automatic LED backlighting.
GMW-B5000 Profile / Casio G-Shock
Average Amazon Price: $450 (yes, we may earn a commission on qualifying purchases from our links to Amazon). Check the Price on Amazon →
Year of first release: 2018
Lineup: ORIGIN (The Line includes watches that are almost the same by design as the first “5600” G-Shock model produced in late 1983. Modern series are of course modified versions as regards of technologies and functions but still have an oldschool and very popular look.) All G-Shock Origin Watches →
Best for: Small Wrists, Office and Formal Wear, Top in G-Shock Lookbooks
The most distinctive specs:
– G-SHOCK Connected App (you may manage all watch settings through your phone)
– Tough Solar (CASIO’s original solar-charging system converts not only sunlight but also light from fluorescent lamps and other sources into power)
– Mobile link (Wireless linking using Bluetooth(R)) (for time sync with your phone data)
– Radio-controlled Watch; Multi band 6 (additional way for time sync. This watch receives time calibration radio signals that keep the displayed time accurate)
– 200-meter water resistance (good for swimming but not for deep diving)
Other colors and full specs: GMW-B5000 Wiki Page
Only Limited Editions: GMW-B5000 Limited Editions
G-Shock GMW-B5000 Rating System