The new model “MTG-B2000” is now available in the MT-G series, which is popular for its high-class metal cases and bands, as well as the impact resistance and fit that are unique to resin. In addition to the conventional metal and resin, carbon material is used this time. The module is protected by an integrated carbon monocoque case, and a “dual core guard structure” is adopted, in which the outside is covered with metal parts.
By the way, the “MTG-1000S”, which was revived as a full analog watch, adopted a pipe frame as its frame, and the ” MTG-B1000 “, which features a mobile link function and a small case , adopted a box frame, but the MTG-B2000 Is called a “cargo (cargo) frame” because the carbon monocoque case is shaped like a basket.
By making the case side metal parts, more sophisticated functional beauty is realized. Also, since the case and bezel are designed separately, it is possible to change the combination of color, material, and finish (of the case and bezel). I’m looking forward to future variations.
The bezel is a notable dodecagon. And the band adopts “new layered composite band”. Fine resin parts are incorporated so that they bite into the hollow top, and as a result, we succeeded in reducing the weight by 15% compared to the existing model.
Furthermore, by mounting a slide lever on the metal frame, band replacement is easy. As compatible bands, the black resin band “BANDGS51P-1JR” (16,500 yen) for the metal band model and the black IP metal band “BANDGS51D-1JR” (33,000 yen) for the resin model are sold separately as options.
MTG-B2000 Profile / Casio G-Shock
Year of first release: 2020
The most distinctive specs:
– Dual Core Guard Structure (that incorporates a carbon fiber-reinforced resin case, leveraging the light weight and rigidity of carbon fiber)
– Сarbon monocoque case (that seamlessly integrates the case and case back)
– Triple G Resist (to resist dropping shocks, centrifugal gravity, and vibration, ensuring toughness)
– New layered-composite band (made with a higher proportion of resin, paired with metal parts. They are both about 15% lighter than the predecessor model)
– Three dual coil motors (for swift operation of the hands)
– G-SHOCK Connected App (you may manage all watch settings through your phone)
– Tough Solar (CASIO’s original solar-charging system converts not only sunlight but also light from fluorescent lamps and other sources into power)
– Mobile link (Wireless linking using Bluetooth(R)) (for time sync with your phone data)
– Radio-controlled Watch; Multi band 6 (additional way for time sync. This watch receives time calibration radio signals that keep the displayed time accurate)
– 200-meter water resistance (good for swimming but not for deep diving)
Other colors and full specs: MTG-B2000 Wiki Page
All G-Shock Watches on Active Sale in 2020 — our verified and complete guide