OCEANUS’s first authentic diver’s watch “OCW-P2000” advocating “elegance divers ” . I have already sent you another article about the exterior and details . Therefore, this time we held an online discussion with the development staff. We will talk about the functional appeal that is difficult to convey in advertisements and catalogs, and introduce it easily with videos!
――Yes, so this time, I would like to ask you about the features of the “OCW-P2000” in detail. The guests are Takayasu Sato, who was in charge of product planning for this product from Casio Computer, and Akihiro Kurobane, who was in charge of module planning.
――This OCEANUS CACHALOT OCW-P2000 is an ISO 200m diving waterproof compatible authentic diver’s watch, but what kind of function is specialized for diving?
Mr. Sato : As an essential function for diver’s watches, there is a rotating bezel with a reverse rotation prevention mechanism. You can see the elapsed time of the dive by aligning the bezel marker with the current minute hand and diving. It is a function to know the oxygen remaining amount of the cylinder which is a dive equipment.
-Because the amount of oxygen in the cylinder is 30 minutes, the rotating bezel is often color coded at the 30 minute position. But this is color coded at 20 minutes.
Mr. Sato : 20 minutes, considering that it is within the dive time that considers exiting (finishing the diving) while leaving a safe tank residual pressure, and a beautiful color balance optimal for the concept of “elegance diver” I was in the position.
Year of first release: 2020
The most distinctive specs:
– 200-meter water resistance (good for swimming but not for deep diving)
– Tough Solar (CASIO’s original solar-charging system converts not only sunlight but also light from fluorescent lamps and other sources into power)
– Dual-curved sapphire crystal with non-reflective coating (A non-reflective coating applied to both the inner and outer sapphire crystal surfaces ensures clear visibility with 99% transparency)
– Smart Access (the system for analogue movements achieves multi-functionality and easy operability simultaneously through a combination of multiple motors and an electronic crown)
– Mobile link (Wireless linking using Bluetooth(R)) (for time sync with your phone data)
– Oceanus Connected App (you may manage all watch settings through your phone)
– Radio-controlled Watch; Multi band 6 (additional way for time sync. This watch receives time calibration radio signals that keep the displayed time accurate)
– World Time (Current time in 38 time zones)
– Stopwatch (1 second; measuring capacity: 23:59’59)
– Date display (adjustable, 31 days or easy manual correction)
Best Guide to All Oceanus Watches — composed by Experts