When I was a teenager, I first started going to the mini theater as a spectator. Of course, I went to not only mini theaters but also big movie theaters with large rations, but as I went there, I gradually noticed. I wonder why the movies I meet are so different depending on the movie theater, and when I thought that I would definitely like this movie, it was the Eurospace in Shibuya, the Baus Theater in Kichijoji. In particular, I realize that each mini theater has its own individuality, and there is a high possibility that you will come across your favorite work. And I became a fan of that movie theater because I wanted to see the movie that was playing at that movie theater.
Since I started working as an actor in my twenties, my career as an actor has been with the mini theater. The debut film, “Wonderful Life” directed by Hirokazu Koreeda, was also screened at mini theaters nationwide. At the movie theater I used to attend as an audience, I am very grateful to be able to give a stage greeting and teach-in. The biggest change was that the place where I met the work until then became the place where I met people. The directors and staff of movie theaters all over the country are really impressed by their love for movies. The customers who have watched a huge number of movies at the cinemas in the area are also wonderful. How do those people take their work? Every time I visit, I get excited. If I had the opportunity to deliver my work directly as an actor, I was crazy about it. Some of them have traveled to movie theaters all over the country to the extent that they have the title of “teach-in actor”.
However, due to the recent coronavirus, movie theaters have been forced to close, and we faced a situation where we could not go to the movie theaters, which were commonplace, to watch or deliver movies. The mini theater has the greatest impact. But that’s why it was an opportunity to look back on how irreplaceable the time spent in the cinema was. When I get over this difficult situation, I want to go to movie theaters all over the country and meet the people there. To that end, as a person involved in movies, I will do anything regardless of my pretense.
Speaking of movie theaters and “time,” I miss the time when I was a teenager, checking the screening time, leaving home, and killing time while watching the clock near the movie theater. I heard that the OCEANUS I put on today uses indigo-dyed white pearl oysters on the dial, but this is a watch with the theme of the sea, using shells as the material and expressing the deep sea color with indigo. The idea of doing is wonderful. I wonder if indigo dyeing, which people have taken the time and effort to create, can be used as a tool in their daily lives, which is truly abundant and cannot be replaced with money.
Year of first release: 2019
Nominations: best design, best materials, best functions, best size
The most distinctive specs:
– 100-meter water resistance (good for swimming but not for deep diving)
– Tough Solar (CASIO’s original solar-charging system converts not only sunlight but also light from fluorescent lamps and other sources into power)
– Smart Access (the system for analogue movements achieves multi-functionality and easy operability simultaneously through a combination of multiple motors and an electronic crown)
– Hybrid Mount Construction (The parts are laid out based on detailed calculations of their materials and strengths.The result is a movement structure with improved shock resistance.)
– Dual Dial World Time (two-city simultaneous time display)
– Stopwatch (1 second; measuring capacity: 23:59’59; measuring modes: elapsed time)
– Radio-controlled Watch; Multi band 6 (additional way for time sync. This watch receives time calibration radio signals that keep the displayed time accurate)
– Oceanus Connected App (you may manage all watch settings through your phone)
– Mobile link (Wireless linking using Bluetooth(R)) (for time sync with your phone data)
– 9.5 mm case thick
– Sallaz polishing (parts of the case and band are carefully hand-polished by artisans)
– Vaporisation dial (New vaporisation technique has been directly applied on the surface of the dial. It achieves an even more beautiful colour and high-quality feel compared to previous vaporisation techniques on the back side of the dial.)
– Dual-curved sapphire crystal with non-reflective coating (A non-reflective coating applied to both the inner and outer sapphire crystal surfaces ensures clear visibility with 99% transparency)
– 24-facet sapphire dial ring (The 24-facet sapphire ring is applied to the dial. Gradations on the reverse side due to vaporisation reflect a beautiful shine)
Best Guide to All Oceanus Watches — composed by Experts