Casio Computer’s “OCEANUS” is a metal watch based on the concept of “Elegance, Technology.” A collaboration model of the luggage brand “BRIEFING” and OCEANUS will appear. Scheduled to be released on June 26, the price is 148,500 yen (tax included). Advance reservations have begun on May 22 at the BRIEFING official website and some directly managed stores.
This collaboration model “OCW-T3000BRE”, the theme is active utility. The base model is the OCW-T3000, which has a sporty wide bezel. The case is matt with black DLC and a hairline finish over the black DLC. The face and the back cover are decorated with the briefing red logo, and the whole is expressed in black and red, which symbolizes briefing.
The package is a special double zip utility pouch that BRIEFING produced for OCEANUS. You can store small items such as smartphones with the watch. The material is tough, lightweight air ballistic nylon used in the briefing bag.
Also, two types of bands that can be replaced are included. A band that uses a urethane band on air ballistic nylon to improve the fit, and a band that uses the red line webbing tape that is essential for a briefing bag. They say that they can enjoy changing bands easily depending on their work, holidays, and fashion.
In terms of functionality, it is equipped with a smartphone link function that links with smartphones via Bluetooth. Accurate time acquisition and world time (about 300 cities) can be easily set from a smartphone application. It is also convenient that it automatically sets the time zone and summer time, and that you can watch the home time and world time at the same time with the 12-hour in-dial. It is also a radio-controlled watch that can set the time using the standard radio waves of 6 stations around the world.
The material of the case and bezel is titanium, the windshield is sapphire glass with anti-reflective coating on both sides, the waterproof performance is 10 bar, the case size is width 43.1 × height 38.2 × thickness 11 mm, weight 50 g. The drive is a tough solar specification of solar power generation.
Year of first release: 2018
The most distinctive specs:
– 100-meter water resistance (good for swimming but not for deep diving)
– Tough Solar (CASIO’s original solar-charging system converts not only sunlight but also light from fluorescent lamps and other sources into power)
– Dual-curved sapphire crystal with non-reflective coating (A non-reflective coating applied to both the inner and outer sapphire crystal surfaces ensures clear visibility with 99% transparency)
– Smart Access (the system for analogue movements achieves multi-functionality and easy operability simultaneously through a combination of multiple motors and an electronic crown)
– Mobile link (Wireless linking using Bluetooth(R)) (for time sync with your phone data)
– Oceanus Connected App (you may manage all watch settings through your phone)
– Radio-controlled Watch; Multi band 6 (additional way for time sync. This watch receives time calibration radio signals that keep the displayed time accurate)
– Auto Calendar
– Stopwatch (1 second; measuring capacity: 23:59’59)
– Date display (adjustable, 31 days or easy manual correction)
– Dual time (27 time zones, time replacement function with home time)
Best Guide to All Oceanus Watches — composed by Experts