Tokyo, March 8, 2019 — Casio Computer Co., Ltd., announced today the release of a new addition to its EDIFICE line of high-performance sports chronographs that combine dynamic design with advanced technology. The new ECB-900DB, to be available in two models, evokes the advanced performance and sporty styling of motorsports.
The ECB-900DB delivers advanced functionality to assist the race logistics of Scuderia Toro Rosso F1 team, which EDIFICE supports as a team partner. Critical for racing, the stopwatch is accurate to 1/1,000th of a second and records up to 200 lap times while also displaying average speed.
With the EDIFICE Connected app installed on a smartphone, the user can connect the watch and app to manage lap times from the smartphone. The app also ensures the watch receives precise timing data, which is critical for races where even a thousandth of a second can make the difference. The app also makes it easy for the user to access the diverse features of the watch, for instance selecting the world time from among 300 cities.
The design of the ECB-900DB evokes motorsports with Tachymeter markings on the bezel, and an in-dial at the 4 o’clock position with a multidimensional design inspired by the speedometer of a sports car. The in-dial also features a gradation finish that enhances the sporty look of the watch. In addition, LCDs at the 12 and 9 o’clock positions provide an accessible view of a variety of key information, while twin LED lights illuminate the digital displays and analog face, respectively. All of these features are designed to deliver optimum visibility for users.
ECB-900 Profile / Casio Edifice
Average Amazon Price: $220 (yes, we may earn a commission on qualifying purchases from our links to Amazon). Check the Price on Amazon →
Year of first release: 2019
Nominations: best design, best functions
The most distinctive specs:
– 100-meter water resistance (good for swimming but not for deep diving)
– Edifice Connected App (you may manage all watch settings through your phone)
– Tough Solar (CASIO’s original solar-charging system converts not only sunlight but also light from fluorescent lamps and other sources into power)
– Speed Indicator (Measurement of a lap time calculates and displays an average speed value based on a circuit distance you specify using the smartphone app)
– Super Illuminator (uses high-brightness LED illumination that automatically illuminates both the analog face and the digital displays)
Other colors and full specs: ECB-900 Wiki Page
Edifice ECB-900 Rating System