Tokyo, September 12, 2018 — Casio Computer Co., Ltd. announced today the release of a new addition to the EDIFICE line of high-performance metal chronographs based on the brand concept of “Speed and Intelligence.” The new EQS-800HR is a collaboration model with Honda Racing.
Honda Racing refers to the motor sports activities that Honda Motor Company, Ltd. pursues around the world. The company has been in the spotlight as the supplier of power units to the Scuderia Toro Rosso Formula One team, for which Casio EDIFICE has also been a supporter since 2016. The collaboration between Honda Racing and EDIFICE, both of which have origins in Japan, was born from their common pursuit of high-tech capabilities.
The new EQS-800HR is a solar-powered watch that boasts a dial made from carbon fiber, a material indispensable in motorsports. The overall watch design adopts the red and white image colors of Honda Racing, highlighted by a white leather band with red lining. The dial features the Honda Racing logo, and the strap keeper and back plate are engraved with the Honda logo. The premium watch comes in special packaging that includes a card commemorating the 1968 Honda F1 RA301 race car.
EQS-800 Profile / Casio Edifice
Average Amazon Price: $180 (yes, we may earn a commission on qualifying purchases from our links to Amazon). Check the Price on Amazon →
Year of first release: 2017
Nominations: best design, best materials
The most distinctive specs:
– 100-meter water resistance (good for swimming but not for deep diving)
– Tough Solar (CASIO’s original solar-charging system converts not only sunlight but also light from fluorescent lamps and other sources into power)
– Carbon fiber dial (attractive carbon gives the watch a cool, stylish look)
– Stopwatch (Measuring capacity: 29’59; Measuring modes: Elapsed time, split time, 1st-2nd place times)
– Date display (adjustable, 31 days or easy manual correction)
Other colors and full specs: EQS-800 Wiki Page
Edifice EQS-800 Rating System