The Ultimate Guide to All PROTREKs — composed by Experts
This Pathfinder is mid-line for Casio, lacking only the radio-set functionality of the more expensive versions. It still has solar power (which I consider an essential feature for an outdoor watch), alarms, countdown timer, world time, altimeter, barometer, compass, altimeter, thermometer, trend graphs and an EL backlight. The case is 50.7mm across at the widest point, 15.5mm thick and 65g on the plastic strap.
There’s also a leather strap, model PAG-240B-2, and bracelet, model PAG-240T-7. As with most Pathfinders, it’s water resistant to 100m (vs 200m for G-Shocks) and quite comfortable to wear.
The other new feature of the PAG-240 is the dual-layer LCD, what Casio is calling ‘duplex.’ Above the normal dial is one of radial segments, which Casio uses for several features.
Other things to note: Bidirectional compass bezel, the usual excellent Casio buttons that work even when gloved, and the remarkable fact that the second LCD layer doesn’t reduce display contrast noticeably, a feat all by itself. You can set the green area to show year (picture above), day of the week or a small trend graph of barometer readings.
PAG-240 Profile / Casio ProTrek
Average Amazon Price: $190 (yes, we may earn a commission on qualifying purchases from our links to Amazon). Check the Price on Amazon →
Year of first release: 2010
Nominations: best functions, best price
The most distinctive specs:
– 100-meter water resistance (good for swimming but not for deep diving)
– Low temperature resistant (stable operation of the watch is guaranteed even at a temperature of -20°C)
– Tough Solar (CASIO’s original solar-charging system converts not only sunlight but also light from fluorescent lamps and other sources into power)
– Digital compass (measures and displays direction as one of 16 points)
– Thermometer (can measure and display the outside temperature in a range from -10 C to 60 C)
– Barometer (measures the air pressures and displays tendencies in the weather)
– Altimeter (The electronic mechanism “estimates” the altitude based on the air pressure)
– Sunrise/sunset display (After entering the geographical location, sunrise and sunset times can be displayed for any given date)
Other colors and full specs: PAG-240 Wiki Page
ProTrek PAG-240 Rating System
Being a fan of CASIO watches since 2009, I strive to share my passion and knowledge with others. Through publishing short notes and curating all listings on this site, I hope to inspire fellow enthusiasts to explore the world of high-quality CASIO watches. A proud owner of GST-B200, GG-1000, GA-110. Remember: Fake Watches are for Fake People.