Equipped with a triple sensor Ver.3, PRO TREK pursues functionality and operability that plays an active role in the outdoor scene, and investigates, protects, and utilizes various natural environments from mountains to the sea throughout Japan. A collaboration model with the Japan Nature Conservation Association * 1 will appear.
This time, the theme is a loggerhead turtle * 2 in the North Pacific Ocean, where the main spawning ground is the sandy beach in Japan .
The digital model PRG-330, driven by solar power and equipped with a triple sensor Ver.3, is used as the base model. The front case is colored with a gray case that resembles a sandy beach and a green that resembles the plants that grow there. In addition, a bezel with the motif of a loggerhead shell and white side buttons that imitate eggs are used to express the loggerhead turtle laying on the sandy beach. The band is based on the blue skeleton of the North Pacific Ocean where loggerhead sea turtles live, the band at 12 o’clock has characteristic footprints remaining when loggerhead turtles walk on sandy beach, and the band at 6 o’clock side migrates from eggs. The turtles and loggerhead turtles that have begun swimming on their journey are treated with the scientific name “Caretta caretta”.
When the backlight is turned on, a series of turtles born in Japan emerge that migrate around the Pacific Ocean and grow up, become parent turtles and return to Japan to lay eggs. A loggerhead and the message of “LIFE with BEACH” are engraved on the case back. Sea turtles are packaged with a package inspired by the sandy beach where they can lay eggs with peace of mind.
A collaboration model with the Japan Nature Conservation Society, which aims to create a society where people can live with a smile surrounded by beautiful and rich nature, and a real outdoor watch PRO TREK that continues to evolve as a gear for those who love nature is.
* 1 The Nature Conservation Society of
Japan The Nature Conservation Society of Japan has advocated the activity message, “Open the tomorrow in the power of nature.” People and nature live together, and everything from babies to the elderly is surrounded by beautiful and rich nature. An NGO working to create a society where people can live with a smile. From mountains to the sea, we continue to explore, protect and utilize nature throughout Japan.
* 2 Sea turtles and sandy beach conservation activities
Sea turtles, as the name implies, usually live in the sea, but at the time of spawning, they are creatures that need a sandy beach with rich nature. Eggs have been entrusted to sandy beaches where the summer sun is pouring, and have saved lives for over 100 million years. Sandy beaches are the cradle of sea turtles’ lives. However, the beaches in Japan are now at risk of disappearing. The cause is the development of roads and residential lands, seawalls with concrete blocks, and global warming. The Japan Nature Conservation Society is committed to increasing the number of people who have an eye on the sandy beaches and expanding marine protected areas in order to keep the sandy beach where sea turtles can lay eggs with confidence.
PRG-330 Profile / Casio ProTrek
Average Amazon Price: $200 (yes, we may earn a commission on qualifying purchases from our links to Amazon)
Year of first release: 2018
Nominations: best design, best functions, best size
The most distinctive specs:
– 100-meter water resistance (good for swimming but not for deep diving)
– Tough Solar (CASIO’s original solar-charging system converts not only sunlight but also light from fluorescent lamps and other sources into power)
– Digital compass (measures and displays direction as one of 16 points)
– Thermometer (can measure and display the outside temperature in a range from -10 C to 60 C)
– Barometer (measures the air pressures and displays tendencies in the weather)
– Altimeter (The electronic mechanism “estimates” the altitude based on the air pressure)
– Altimeter data memor (Depending on the model, up to 40 sets of elevation data can be stored in the watch’s data memory and re-accessed at any time)
– Sunrise/sunset display (After entering the geographical location, sunrise and sunset times can be displayed for any given date)
Other colors and full specs: PRG-330 Wiki Page
Best Guide to All ProTrek Watches — composed by Experts