PRO TREK’s ability to combine the best that technology has to offer and innovative designs has made it the timepiece of choice for climbers, hikers, campers, and other outdoor enthusiasts. Now the PRT-B50 Series adds Bluetooth® capabilities that enable data communication with a smartphone running the PRO TREK Connected app, for the ultimate in ease of use.
The Quad Sensor system uses compact sensors that make it possible to pack compass, altitude/barometer, and temperature measurements, along with an accelerometer that keeps track of your step count, into a compact configuration. Calorie calculations use both step count and altitude information to take upgrades and downgrades into consideration, and calories burned values are recorded by the app. The app automatically records altitude data measured by the watch and route information acquired by a smartphone’s GPS, and you can manually plot altitude points along your route using a Trekking Log feature. You can also perform a watch button operation to record your current location in memory. Then after you move to a different place, a Location Indicator will point to the direction and display the distance back to the registered location. This makes it easy to determine the relationship between the two locations, which is an essential capability for outdoor activities.
Smartphone connectivity simplifies configuration of settings, and Auto Time Adjust ensures that time settings are always correct no matter where you happen to be.
The watch can also be configured to obtain altitude information using a smartphone’s GPS and automatically correct its own altitude readings. When the watch connects with a phone, it also acquires latitude and longitude information, which is used to calculate the sunrise and sunset times for your current location.
You can use the app to enable or disable modes individually so only the modes you need appear. You can even specify the sequence to be used when displaying the modes to suit your particular needs.
The back cover of the watch, which is made of resin embedded with lightweight, tough glass fibers has a structure that combines the lugs connecting the band and the case into a single piece.
Button guards protect against operational error and case toughness has been enhanced, which are essential features for rugged outdoor wear.
A wide face with Arabic numerals provides easy, at-a-glance readability. The face combines with a large rotary bezel to create an attractive outdoor adventurer design. The cone of view bearing indicator that shows your current bearing uses metal parts for an outdoor accent that enhances the overall sporty design.
The urethane band has a 3D texture to keep the band ring from slipping out of position, another feature that makes this watch suitable for outdoor use.
The new PRT-B50’s Bluetooth® connectability with a smartphone and customizable modes makes it the perfect choice for practical outdoor wear.
PRT-B50 Profile / Casio ProTrek
Year of first release: 2019
Nominations: best design, best functions
The most distinctive specs:
– 100-meter water resistance (good for swimming but not for deep diving)
– ProTrek Connected App (you may manage all watch settings through your phone)
– Mobile link (Wireless linking using Bluetooth(R)) (for time sync with your phone data)
– Digital compass (measures and displays direction as one of 16 points)
– Step count (A built-in 3-axis acceleration sensor begins counting steps the moment you start to walk.)
– Thermometer (can measure and display the outside temperature in a range from -10 C to 60 C)
– Barometer (measures the air pressures and displays tendencies in the weather)
– Altimeter (The electronic mechanism “estimates” the altitude based on the air pressure)
– Low temperature resistant (stable operation of the watch is guaranteed even at a temperature of -20°C)
– Sunrise, sunset time display (Sunrise time and sunset time for specific date)
Average Amazon Price: $150 (yes, we may earn a commission on qualifying purchases from our links to Amazon)
Other colors and full specs: PRT-B50 Wiki Page
All ProTrek Watches on Active Sale in 2020 — our verified and complete guide