The Climber Line Digital series, which realizes the concept of the Climber Line with a digital model, will be launched from summer 2020. The first to appear is the “PRW-30”. The compact case size of 51.6mm x 45.2mm x 12.3mm and the weight of only 66g are realized. As you can see from the bezel comparison photo, it is clearly smaller than the PRW-300.
And the important concept of Climber Line is further enhanced. A new LCD screen (STN liquid crystal) has been adopted to enhance the contrast, and the display font has been redesigned in bold to improve “visibility”.
The direct measurement buttons for “azimuth, pressure / temperature, altitude” on the right side of the case are also large and easy to press, ensuring good “operability”. In addition, it is equipped with a multi-band 6 compatible radio clock, tough solar, sunrise and sunset time display. Water resistant to 10 atm with a low temperature specification of -10 ° C.
PRW-30 Profile / Casio ProTrek
Average Amazon Price: may be available
Year of first release: 2020
Nominations: best design, best functions, best size
The most distinctive specs:
– 100-meter water resistance (good for swimming but not for deep diving)
– Low temperature resistant (stable operation of the watch is guaranteed even at a temperature of -20°C)
– Radio-controlled Watch; Multi band 6 (additional way for time sync. This watch receives time calibration radio signals that keep the displayed time accurate)
– Tough Solar (CASIO’s original solar-charging system converts not only sunlight but also light from fluorescent lamps and other sources into power)
– Digital compass (measures and displays direction as one of 16 points)
– Thermometer (can measure and display the outside temperature in a range from -10 C to 60 C)
– Barometer (measures the air pressures and displays tendencies in the weather)
– Altimeter (The electronic mechanism “estimates” the altitude based on the air pressure)
– Sunrise/sunset display (After entering the geographical location, sunrise and sunset times can be displayed for any given date)
Other colors and full specs: PRW-30 Wiki Page
All ProTrek Watches on Active Sale in 2020 — our verified and complete guide