This is the second collaboration model between PRO TREK and “ELNEST CREATIVE ACTIVITY”, a brand that develops manufacturing inspired by travel and traditional Japanese culture.
This time, they designed the nature of Yakushima, a World Natural Heritage Site, with Ernesto’s simple and robust world view. Using granite, which occupies most of the mountainous area of Yakushima, as a design source, they expressed the history of the island that has nurtured its own ecosystem.
For the base model, they have selected the PRW-30, which is compact and pursues visibility. A hard dark color is used for the case that resembles the granite of Yakushima, and the Durasoft band is painted with the motif of quartz grains found on the surface of the rock.
In addition, the attached replacement cross band is a camouflage pattern unique to Ernesto with the theme of Yakushima’s flora and fauna. The Ernest brand logo is reproduced on the back cover, which has the image of hard rock. It is a design that you can feel modern fashion with a blacked out face. This is a collaboration model that embodies Ernest’s commitment to manufacturing and PRO TREK, which has been sharpened for outdoor functionality, resonating with the nature of Yakushima.
PRW-30 Profile / Casio ProTrek
Average Amazon Price: may be available
(yes, we may earn a commission on qualifying purchases from our links to Amazon).
Year of first release: 2020
Nominations: best design, best functions, best size
The most distinctive specs:
– 100-meter water resistance (good for swimming but not for deep diving)
– Low temperature resistant (stable operation of the watch is guaranteed even at a temperature of -20°C)
– Radio-controlled Watch; Multi band 6 (additional way for time sync. This watch receives time calibration radio signals that keep the displayed time accurate)
– Tough Solar (CASIO’s original solar-charging system converts not only sunlight but also light from fluorescent lamps and other sources into power)
– Digital compass (measures and displays direction as one of 16 points)
– Thermometer (can measure and display the outside temperature in a range from -10 C to 60 C)
– Barometer (measures the air pressures and displays tendencies in the weather)
– Altimeter (The electronic mechanism “estimates” the altitude based on the air pressure)
– Sunrise/sunset display (After entering the geographical location, sunrise and sunset times can be displayed for any given date)
Other colors and full specs: PRW-30 Wiki Page
ProTrek PRW-30 Rating System