Based on the PRW-60, which is significantly smaller due to the integration of the back cover and the can foot connecting the case and the band, we have thoroughly pursued visibility. The hour and minute hands adopt a design with excellent visibility. The combination of a matte dial with reduced glare and an Arabic index with luminous paint embedded in the recesses achieves high visibility despite the thin needle silhouette.
In pursuit of the design as a gear, the bezel’s outer periphery is engraved with a bold notch to create a mechanic feeling, engraving the wild side of the outdoors.
The PRW-50Y is a model with a standard face black and a classic ivory dial with enhanced wearability using a Durasoft band that is also resistant to low temperatures.
In terms of functions, it is equipped with a triple sensor Ver.3 that realizes azimuth, barometric pressure / temperature, and altitude measurement with high-precision sensor technology. In addition to the tough solar that changes light into power and stably drives various functions, it has a multiband 6 that automatically adjusts the time according to the standard radio waves of 6 stations around the world, and is active in a wide range of scenes from outdoor scenes to everyday use.
Returning to the origin of the analog model, we prioritized the visibility, which is the original purpose of the watch, and finished it in a solid and sturdier manner with regard to modeling, color and texture. In pursuit of usability to be a genuine tool, it is the emergence of a New model that emits a presence from outdoor to a wide range of scenes.
PRW-50 Profile / Casio ProTrek
Average Amazon Price: $350 (yes, we may earn a commission on qualifying purchases from our links to Amazon). Check the Price on Amazon →
Year of first release: 2019
Nominations: best design, best functions, best size
The most distinctive specs:
– 100-meter water resistance (good for swimming but not for deep diving)
– Low temperature resistant (stable operation of the watch is guaranteed even at a temperature of -20°C)
– Radio-controlled Watch; Multi band 6 (additional way for time sync. This watch receives time calibration radio signals that keep the displayed time accurate)
– Tough Solar (CASIO’s original solar-charging system converts not only sunlight but also light from fluorescent lamps and other sources into power)
– Digital compass (measures and displays direction as one of 16 points)
– Thermometer (can measure and display the outside temperature in a range from -10 C to 60 C)
– Barometer (measures the air pressures and displays tendencies in the weather)
– Altimeter (The electronic mechanism “estimates” the altitude based on the air pressure)
– Smart Access (the system for analogue movements achieves multi-functionality and easy operability simultaneously through a combination of multiple motors and an electronic crown)
– Tough Movement (A CASIO-original thin analog movement made possible by hybrid mounting protects against damage and enables auto home position correction that helps keep you on time all the time)
– STN LCD for easy reading
– Full auto double LED light (Neon Illuminator for the face, LED light for the LCD
Other colors and full specs: PRW-50 Wiki Page
ProTrek PRW-50 Rating System