A collaborative model with ELNEST CREATIVE ACTIVITY, a brand that plans to create items for the success of traditional crafts and items that are particular about domestic production, from the “ Climber Line ” of full-fledged outdoor gear PRO TREK that continues to evolve with advanced technology and design The
ELNEST is a wear brand directed by Shin Iura, who started in 2007, and develops activity wear that connects nature and the city with both functionality and design. This collaboration was born by an offer from ELNEST, which continues to propose new values, such as collaborations with famous brands that are active on the front lines and products that incorporate traditional Japanese manufacturing.
Based on the PRW-60, which has undergone significant downsizing, the simple and robust world view that the brand embodies is expressed with a black-out dial inspired by the silence of nature. The minimalist design that conveys the minimum necessary information to stoic has a modern finish that makes you feel nostalgic.
The index ring indicated by the Durasoft band and the needle uses a deep green “Forest Green” inspired by the forest. The black dial is enhanced with a modern impression. A special phosphorescent material that emits light in the dark is integrally formed on the back of the Durasoft band. At night, phosphorescence illuminates the side of the band in a line, and you can feel the modernism of the ELNEST brand.
The included replacement crossband uses the original camouflage pattern “BOOKTREE CAMO” that represents ELNEST. This textile, inspired by the beech forests and plants of the Shirakami Mountains, which has become a World Natural Heritage site, is boldly expressed with a rough jacquard weave. We finished the design that makes ACTVIST look like a rough weaving expression that opens the way.
This collaboration model was created by creating a new value of “manufacturing” with the brand ELNEST, which plans items that are particular about domestic products, and manufacturing for inheriting traditional crafts, and PRO TREK, which has sharpened its functionality in the outdoors.
PRW-60 Profile / Casio ProTrek
Average Amazon Price: $410 (yes, we may earn a commission on qualifying purchases from our links to Amazon)
Year of first release: 2018
Nominations: best design, best functions
The most distinctive specs:
– 100-meter water resistance (good for swimming but not for deep diving)
– Low temperature resistant (stable operation of the watch is guaranteed even at a temperature of -20°C)
– Radio-controlled Watch; Multi band 6 (additional way for time sync. This watch receives time calibration radio signals that keep the displayed time accurate)
– Tough Solar (CASIO’s original solar-charging system converts not only sunlight but also light from fluorescent lamps and other sources into power)
– Digital compass (measures and displays direction as one of 16 points)
– Thermometer (can measure and display the outside temperature in a range from -10 C to 60 C)
– Barometer (measures the air pressures and displays tendencies in the weather)
– Altimeter (The electronic mechanism “estimates” the altitude based on the air pressure)
– Smart Access (the system for analogue movements achieves multi-functionality and easy operability simultaneously through a combination of multiple motors and an electronic crown)
– Tough Movement (A CASIO-original thin analog movement made possible by hybrid mounting protects against damage and enables auto home position correction that helps keep you on time all the time)
– Full auto double LED light (Neon Illuminator for the face, LED light for the LCD
– STN LCD for easy reading
Other colors and full specs: PRW-60 Wiki Page