Women’s Running Baby-G with an advanced stopwatch and stylish sporty design. The hour markers and hands have a narrow oblong shape, which positively affects the readability of the analog zone, and the digital display is divided into two separate zones for more accurate indication of data on the dial. The perforated strap [with many round holes] resembles the design of sports shoes, and the holes themselves improve air ventilation between the watch and skin during intense training. The stopwatch has a capacity of 100 hours, and the watch is stored in memory up to 60 laps. To start the stopwatch, just press one button, and not go into the stopwatch mode – for quick access to the desired function. The timer with auto-repeat after a certain period of time, the clock emits a sound signal. World clock, alarm and dual time on the dial are other basic features of the BGA-240.
- Price — 120$ *average Amazon Price, we may earn commission from purchases
- Year of first Release — 2017
- Module Number — 5510
- Model Range — COUNTDOWN TIMER
- Other Divisions the BGA-240 belongs to: *you may find all watches of the division by clicking on the link
- Battery Type — CR1220 (Baby-G Batteries)
Feedback from users *accumulated information from our own comments and emails, forum threads, socials, reviews, etc.
+ small, lightweight
+ great features with sleek design
– the digital display is only visible in direct sun light and the light does not illuminate it at all
– appears to not be properly sealed from moisture
BGA-240 Model Range *may be updated
Official Marketing Focus from Casio
The BGA-240 Series is a new model designed for runners. Coloring that matches today’s sportswear, hour markers that are designed for ease of reading, and sharp analog hands that create a sense of speed, all add up to a design suitable for sportswear.
The band is punched with holes creating a motif that resembles today’s sports fashion items. It also allows air to pass through for cooling while engaged in sports. The inside of the band has a protector that enhances the fit to the wrist.
Function-wise, the watch comes with a digital readout that can display lap times (time for a fixed distance interval) and split times (elapsed time from the start, up to any point), and memory for up to 60 lap/split times. This information can be used when running to set target times and to control your pace.
Official BGA-240 Specs / Features *for base version BGA-240-1A2
- Case / bezel material: Resin
- Resin Band
- Shock Resistant
- Mineral Glass
- 100-meter water resistance
- LED light
Auto light switch, selectable illumination duration (1.5 seconds or 3 seconds), afterglow
- Dual time
- 1/100-second stopwatch
00’00″00~59’59″99 (for the first 60 minutes)
1:00’00~99:59’59 (after 60 minutes)
lap time (1/100 second (for the first 60 minutes), 1 second (after 60 minutes))
split time (1/100 second (for the first 10 hours), 1 second (after 10 hours))
Measuring modes: Elapsed time, lap/split times, 1st-2nd place times
Memory capacity: 60 records (used for lap times and split times)
- Countdown timer
Measuring unit: 1 second
Countdown range: 24 hours
Countdown start time setting range: 1 minute to 24 hours (1-minute increments and 1-hour increments)
- 3 multi-function alarms (with 1 snooze alarm)
- Hourly time signal
- Full auto-calendar (to year 2099)
- 12/24-hour format
- Button operation tone on/off
- Regular timekeeping
Analog: 2 hands (hour, minute (hand moves every 20 seconds))
Digital: Hour, minute, second, am/pm, month, date, day
- Accuracy: ±30 seconds per month
- Approx. battery life: 3 years on CR1220
- Size of case : 46.4×42.6×15.3mm
- Total weight : 41g
Enjoy our Baby-G BGA-240 Watch Review
Immediately drew attention to the black button [bottom right], which seems to stand out against a white background. Well, that’s all, I think, this is probably a quick activation and transition to the stopwatch mode. After all, the watch is about sports, which means that the functions of quick sports access should be nearby. Not. Looked closely, the black button is called not “Start”, but “Search”. Pressing switches me to the 12 hour display mode of the current time. Such a fast function for myself, as for me. Anyway, the word “Search” in a watch without radio synchronization is not very relevant, do not you think? Read Full Review →
Recent News about BGA-240
- [Baby-G Review] BGA-240-7A — both sports and simply stylish watch for girls
- [Live Photos] Baby-G BGA-240BC and Beach Bucket List — Retreat Yoga
- [Live Photos] Baby-G BGA-240-3A and Chihiro Yasuda’s Spring Recommend Coordinate Vol.2
- [Live Photos] Baby-G BGA-240BC-4A and BGS-100SC-2A stories: country island
- [Live Photos] Baby-G BGA-240-3A — Sportswear Coloring
You ask, we answer…
The watch is good for swimming but not for deep diving.
Measuring capacity: 99:59’59; Measuring modes: Elapsed time, split time, 1st-2nd place times.
In addition to the time in your current location, which is indicated by wide hour and minute hands, a second time can be indicated by the electronic dial.