About G-8900 in Short. Based on the large-case, dynamic designed G-8900 digital timepiece, the basic black of this new model is offset by gold ion plating (IP) on the bezel, which creates a distinctively cool look.
|Price||$77 *average Amazon Price, we may earn commission from purchases|
|Year of First Release||2011|
|Model Range||Standart Digital|
|Battery Type||CR2016 (Casio Batteries)|
Feedback from users *accumulated information from our own comments and emails, forum threads, socials, reviews, etc.
+ quick-access world time zone feature
+ automatic light
– no solar-powered battery
– shiny high gloss makes the watch look like a cheap
G-8900 Model Range *may be updated
The most distinctive specs of G-8900 *Editorial
— 200-meter water resistance (good for swimming but not for deep diving)
— Flash alert (Flashes with buzzer that sounds for alarms, hourly time signals)
— Multi time (you can check the current time in 4 different cities at once)
— Stopwatch with 24-hour Measuring capacity
Other G-Shock G Watches *similar by price and functions but different by cases
Official Casio Description. For almost 3 decades, G-Shock has been a world standard for tough watches. And with the introduction of the new large case digital, G8900, the world has another sure thing to wear on its wrist. The large case digital is highlighted by a high-intensity LED backlight which can be activated by the flick of the wrist or easy-press front button. An aluminum bezel provides a first line of defense to its omni-directional shock resistant structure and the semi-round case bridges the gap between the legendary 5600 and 6900 case styles. Gloss black resin band digital watch with a blue face.
Casio G-8900 on the wrist!
Official G-8900 Specs / Features *for base version G-8900GB-1
- Case / bezel material: Resin / Stainless steel
- Resin Band
- Shock Resistant
- Mineral Glass
- 200-meter water resistance
- LED Backlight (Super Illuminator)
Auto light switch, selectable illumination duration, afterglow.
- Flash alert
Flashes with buzzer that sounds for alarms, countdown timer (time up), hourly time signal
- Multi Time (4 different cities)
- World time
31 time zones (48 cities + coordinated universal time), daylight saving on/off, Home city/World time city swapping
- 1/100-second stopwatch
Measuring capacity: 23:59’59.99”
Measuring modes: Elapsed time, split time, 1st-2nd place times
- Countdown timer
Measuring unit: 1/10 second
Countdown range: 24 hours
Countdown start time setting range: 1 second to 24 hours (1-second increments, 1-minute increments and 1-hour increments)
- 5 daily or one-time alarms
- Hourly time signal
- Full auto-calendar (to year 2099)
- 12/24-hour format
- Button operation tone on/off
- Regular timekeeping: Hour, minute, second, pm, month, date, day
- Accuracy: ±15 seconds per month
- Approx. battery life: 3 years on CR2016
- Size of case : 55.1×52.5×16.3mm
- Total weight : 69g
Recent News about G-8900
- G-Shock G-8900 PROs & CONs from users and experts
- [G-Shock Digital] G-8900GB — Black and Gold Series
- [Limited Series] G-8900DGK-7 — G-Shock and DK STEVIE WILLIAMS Collaboration
- [Live Photos] G-Shock G-Lide G-8900A-1JF BIG CASE
- [Tests] G-Shock Crash Test / Frost your G
You ask, we answer…
The watch is good for swimming but not for deep diving.
3 years CR2016.
You can check the current time in 4 different cities at once.