You ask: I would like to know more about how the solar power system works
1. Regular exposure to light keeps the battery charged.
When not exposed to light When exposed to light
A solar powered watch continues to operate, even when it is not exposed to light. Leaving the watch in the dark can run down its battery and cause functions to become disabled.
2. Avoid using the display light too much.
The following shows how much exposure to light is required to recharge the battery by the amount used by one display light operation.
- Approximately 5 minutes exposure to bright sunlight coming in through a window
- Approximately 50 minutes exposure to indoor fluorescent lighting
Particular care is required when using the Auto Light feature (available with some watch models), which can cause frequent display illumination.
3. Tips on how to keep the battery charged.
- The level of the battery power indicator depends on the watch model.
- Whenever you are not wearing the watch on your wrist, take a few moments to position it so its face is pointed in the direction of a source of bright light.
Leave the watch under fluorescent lighting, near a window, etc.
- When wearing the watch, try to keep your sleeve from blocking its face, where the solar cell is located.
Charging efficiency is reduced even if the face of the watch is only partially covered by a sleeve.