Stylish, sporty and durable – this is how we consider the women’s BGA-180 series. The appearance of the watch is clearly sharpened for sports and other active activities – this is evidenced by different colors for different elements of the case and the dynamic design of the dial. In favor of the readability of the analogue zone are large hands and hour markers. Special protectors for the strap not only perform a decorative function, but also protect the strap from unnecessary deformation. The main functional is represented by a thermometer for measuring air temperature, an ebb / flow sensor [useful to surfers] and data on the phases of the moon. Every 12 hours, a digital window displays a change in wave height. The watch also has basic features – a stopwatch, timer, alarm clock, calendar and world time.
- Price — 100$ *average Amazon Price, we may earn commission from purchases
- Year of first Release — 2015
- Module Number — 5381
- Model Range — ANA-DIGI
- Battery Type — SR726W × 2 (Baby-G Batteries)
BGA-180 Model Range *may be updated
Official Marketing Focus from Casio
From BABY-G G-LIDE, a collection of new models designed for surfing and just about anything else the active woman of today decides to do. The analog BGA-180 feature a multi-dimensional sculptured design decorated with neon yellow, red, blue, and other colors for a sporty look that always looks great. A “lug protector” made of fine resin on the band not only creates an attractive design element, it also helps to protect the back of the watch from impact. A textured band surface also adds a distinctively sport touch.
Feature-wise, the BGA-180 is the first analog model in BABY-G line up to include a TIDE GRAPH feature. In the Timekeeping Mode, the small hand of the dial at 9 o’clock normally indicates current tide information. Each press of the button at 4 o’clock in the Timekeeping Mode advances the tide information indicate by the dial hand by one hour.
A great design, powerful features to support surfing activities and much more makes these models the perfect choice for today’s active woman.
Official BGA-180 Specs / Features *for base version BGA-180-4B
- Case / bezel material: Resin
- Resin Band
- Mineral Glass
- Shock Resistant
- 100-meter water resistance
- LED light
Selectable illumination duration (1.5 seconds or 3 seconds), afterglow
- World time
31 time zones (48 cities + coordinated universal time), daylight saving on/off, Home city/World time city swapping
- Hand shift feature (Hands move out of the way to provide an unobstructed view of digital display contents.)
Display range: –10 to 60°C (14 to 140°F)
Display unit: 0.1°C (0.2°F)
*Changeover between Celsius (°C) and Fahrenheit (°F)
- Moon data (moon age of the specific date)
- Tide graph (tide level for specific date and time)
- Tidal Trend Indicator (Shows tidal changes over the next 12 hours.)
- 1-second stopwatch
Measuring capacity: 59’59
Measuring modes: Elapsed time, split time, 1st-2nd place times
- Countdown timer
Measuring unit: 1 second
Countdown range: 60 minutes
Countdown start time setting range: 1 to 60 minutes (1-minute increments)
- Counter (Keep track of a count up to 999.)
- Daily alarm
- Hourly time signal
- Full auto-calendar (to year 2099)
- 12/24-hour format
- Button operation tone on/off
- Regular timekeeping
Analog: 2 hands (hour, minute (hand moves every 20 seconds)), 1 dial (tide level)
Digital: Hour, minute, second, pm, month, date, day
- Accuracy: ±30 seconds per month
- Approx. battery life: 2 years on SR726W × 2
- Size of case : 49.3×44×15.4mm
- Total weight : 46g
Recent News about BGA-180
- [Live Photos] Baby-G BGA-180BE-2B with pastel blue color
- [Live Photos] Baby-G BGA-180BE-2B and Marine Sports
- [Live Photos] Baby-G BGA-180BE and Venice Beach – Hair and Nail
- [Live Photos] Baby-G BGA-180BE-2B and BA-110BE-4A in L.A. Diary
- [Live Photos] Baby-G BGA-180BE-2B — Ideal for girls surfing
You ask, we answer…
The watch is good for swimming but not for deep diving.
It can measure and display the outside temperature in a range from -10 C to 60 C.
It’s tide level for specific date and time.
Hands move out of the way to provide an unobstructed view of digital display contents.