Official ECB-40 Series Description
Introducing true motorsports form, functionality, and sophistication — the EDIFICE SOSPENSIONE ECB-40, with carbon fiber reinforced resin suspension arm design and Smartphone Link.
The unique case design is inspired by formula car suspension with lugs configured in a four-arm arrangement, two above and two below. Carbon fiber-reinforced resin delivers a case that is lightweight, yet strong.
Thanks to Smartphone Link, this special timepiece automatically connects when within range of a paired smartphone. Tap into the app to access functions that are so important for racing teams — get automatically adjusted to-the-second precision timekeeping, effortlessly manage world time, and transfer stopwatch data measured to the millisecond for up to 200 lap times to your smartphone.
The Super Illuminator high-luminosity double LED illuminates the digital-analog display for easy readability, even in the dark.
ECB-40 Model Range *may be updated
Quick Content Guide
- Japanese approaches to Beautiful and Functional Watches in ECB-40! *the most distinctive features in details
- General information about the watch *year of first release, model range etc.
- Edifice ECB-40 Display Guide *for key functions only
- ECB-40 Model Range *in different colors and bands
- The most distinctive specs *from our Editorial point of view
- Other Edifice ECB Watches *similar by price and functions but different by cases
- Official ECB-40 Video *only from Casio Company
- Edifice ECB-40 on the wrist! *only images and only on the wrist
- Official ECB-40 Specs *all details and for base version ECB-40
- ECB-40 Comparison Table *with similar Edifice Watches
Enjoy Japanese approaches to Beautiful and Functional Watches!
Carbon fiber-reinforced resin case with suspension arm design.
Unique case design with a motif inspired by formula car suspension. Just like the four-arm suspension used in race cars, with two arms above and two below, the lugs are configured in a four-arm arrangement. Carbon fiber-reinforced resin is used as the case material, delivering both strength and lightness.
“Real motorsports” concept expressing the dynamic energy of race cars.
The wide stainless-steel bezel features a hairline finish that accentuates the texture of the metal, presenting a timepiece with the powerful appearance of a winner. The chronograph dial incorporates a bold layout with a large LCD and voluminous index marks and hour and minute hands, creating a dimensional, high-contrast structure that further enhances visibility.
Schedule timer to support precise time management.
Automatically transfers schedule data entered in a smartphone’s calendar app to the watch and displays schedule start and end times on the LCD along with audible alerts. An inset dial indicator also counts down to the next scheduled event and shows the time remaining. A checkered flag pattern indicates that less than 30 minutes remain.
Smartphone Link for full functionality at your fingertips.
From accurate time management to effective use of measurement data. Diverse functions to support onsite racing activities, now made available for your daily lifestyle.
Super Illuminator (high-brightness auto double LED light) for readability in the dark.
A high-luminosity double LED illuminates the dial and the LCD. Use the auto-light function when you don’t have a hand free — simply turning your wrist will cause the dial to light up.
|Price||later *average Amazon Price, we may earn commission from purchases|
|Year of First Release||2023|
|Model Range||SMARTPHONE LINK|
|Battery Type||CR2016 (Edifice Batteries) |
Buy Battery on Amazon →
Edifice ECB-40 Display Guide *for key functions only. For you to know how it works))
- Hour hand
- Mode hand. Graphic display area operation is linked with operations in each watch mode.
- Minute hand
Shifting the Hands
- While holding down (A), press (C).
– This will shift the analog hands to allow easy viewing of display information.
- To return the hands to their normal timekeeping positions, hold down (A) as you press (C) again, or press (C) to change to another mode.
- If the watch is in any mode besides the Timekeeping Mode, hold down (C) for at least two seconds to enter the Timekeeping Mode.
- Hold down (D) for at least five seconds. The phone will sound a tone when it establishes a connection with the watch.
- Press any button to stop the tone.
– You can press any watch button to stop the phone tone only during the first 30 seconds after it starts to sound.
- Enter the World Time Mode.
After the currently selected World Time City name appears, the watch will display the current time in that city.
– To display the World Time City name while in the World Time Mode, press (B).
The stopwatch measures elapsed time in 1/1000-second units for the first hour, and in 1/10-second units after that for up to 24 hours. In addition to normal elapsed time measurements, the stopwatch also lets you measure lap times.
The most distinctive specs of ECB-40 — Carbon Sospensione Arm and Schedule Timer
— Susension arm design (unique case design with a motif inspired by formula car suspension. Just like the four-arm suspension used in race cars, with two arms above and two below, the lugs are configured in a four-arm arrangement)
— Carbon case (carbon fibre-reinforced resin is used for the case. Leveraging the material’s characteristic combination of strength and lightness, the watch delivers the durability and fit to support even intensive use by racing mechanics)
— Mobile link (Wireless linking using Bluetooth(R)) (the watch automatically connects with a phone by Bluetooth® to update its time setting)
— Casio Connected App (you may manage all watch settings through your phone)
— Schedule Timer (A new Schedule Timer feature links with a phone’s calendar app*1 to display appointment start times and end times on the watch display and alert you to appointments with a watch alarm)
— Phone Finder (Long-pressing a watch button causes a tone to sound on your phone (as long as it is within range to receive a Bluetooth signal))
— Dual LED Light (a high-brightness LED light illuminates the face and digital display when you angle the watch towards your face)
— 100-meter water resistance (good for swimming but not for deep diving)
— 1/1000-second Stopwatch (memory provides storage of up to 200 lap times that can be transferred to your phone)
Other Edifice ECB Watches *similar by price and functions but different by cases
These are not all Edifice ECB Series. Here is a list of All Edifice ECB Watches →
Official Edifice ECB-40 Video
Edifice ECB-30 on the wrist!
Will be soon…
Official ECB-40 Specs / Features *for base version ECB-40DB-1A
- Case size (L× W× H): 52.4 × 48 × 12.7 mm
- Weight: 127 g
- Case / bezel material: Carbon / Stainless steel
- Band: Resin Band
- Water resistance: 100-meter water resistance
- Power supply and battery life: Approx. battery life: 2 years on CR2016
- Smartphone Link feature: Mobile link (Automatic connection, wireless linking using Bluetooth®)
- Apps: CASIO WATCHES
- App connectivity feature
Auto time adjustment
Easy watch setting
Approximately 300 world time cities
Stopwatch data transfer
- Glass: Mineral Glass
- World time
38 time zones (38 cities + coordinated universal time), daylight saving on/off,
auto summer time (DST) switching,
Home city/World time city swapping
00’00”000~59’59”999 (for the first 60 minutes)
1:00’00”0~23:59’59”9 (after 60 minutes)
1/1000 second (for the first 60 minutes)
1/10 second (after 60 minutes)
Measuring modes: Elapsed time, lap time
Measuring unit: 1 second
Countdown range: 24 hours
Countdown start time setting range: 1 second to 24 hours (1-second increments, 1-minute increments and 1-hour increments)
- Alarm/hourly time signal
5 daily alarms
Hourly time signal
Double LED light
LED light for the face (Auto LED light, Super illuminator, selectable illumination duration (1.5 seconds or 3 seconds), afterglow)
LED backlight for the digital display (Auto LED light, Super illuminator, selectable illumination duration (1.5 seconds or 3 seconds), afterglow)
- Calendar: Full auto-calendar (to year 2099)
- Mute feature: Button operation tone on/off
- Other features
Hand shift feature (Hands move out of the way to provide an unobstructed view of digital display contents.)
Schedule beeper on/off
Date/month display swapping
Day display (days of the week selectable in six languages)
Analog: 2 hands (hour, minute (hand moves every 20 seconds)), 1 dial (linked to each mode)
Digital: Hour, minute, second, pm, month, date, day
ECB-40 Comparison Table with similar Edifice Watches
Will be soon…
Recent News about ECB-40
You ask, we answer…
You may manage all watch settings through your phone.
Wireless linking using Bluetooth(R)) (for time sync with your phone data.
The watch is good for swimming but not for deep diving.
Not sure about ECB-40? There are more Edifices!