EF-527 Model Range *may be updated
Quick Content Guide
- EF-527 Model Range *in different colors and bands
- General information about the watch *year of first release, model range etc.
- Edifice EF-527 Display Guide *for key functions only
- Feedback from Users *anonymous from different sources
- The most distinctive specs *from our Editorial point of view
- Other Edifice EF Watches *similar by price and functions but different by cases
- Edifice EF-527 on the wrist! *only images and only on the wrist
- Official EF-527 Specs *all details and for base version EF-527D-7
- Japanese approaches to Beautiful and Functional Watches in EF-527! *the most distinctive features in details
- EF-527 Comparison Table *with similar Edifice Watches
|Price||99$ *average Amazon Price, we may earn commission from purchases|
|Year of First Release||2008|
|Model Range||STANDARD ANALOG|
|Battery Type||SR927W (Edifice Batteries) |
Buy Battery on Amazon →
Edifice EF-527 Display Guide *for key functions only. For you to know how it works))
Some water-resistant models (10BAR, 20BAR) have a screw-in crown. When you need to perform a crown operation, rotate it towards you to unscrew it. Then pull the crown out. Avoid applying undue force when pulling.
The stopwatch measures elapsed time up to 11 hours, 59 minutes, 59.95 seconds.
– Do not operate the stopwatch with the crown pulled out.
To measure elapsed time
- Press (A) to start the stopwatch
- Press (A) to stop the stopwatch
- Check the elapsed time.
Feedback from Users *accumulated information from our own comments and emails, forum threads, socials, reviews, etc.
+ the movable ring is protected under a fixed crystal, even though that means turning it with a rather small knob
+ a great looking and functioning watch to wear while you do everything
+ very Good build and finish quality
+ a budget price
+ very accurate
– the hands on the stopwatch function tends to creep out by about 5 seconds if you leave it running overnight
– the bezel moving crown makes the job of using the slide-rule a bit cumbersome
– the numbers on the E6B slide rule around the bezel are small
The most distinctive specs of EF-527 — Popular Large Case & Slide Rule
— 100-meter water resistance (good for swimming but not for deep diving)
— Slide rule (is useful to do simple arithmetic, conversions and other calculations)
— Elegant and stylish look
— Stopwatch (The elapsed time is measured with 1/20-sec accuracy. The watch can measure times of up to 12 hour)
— Date display (adjustable, 31 days or easy manual correction)
Other Edifice EF Watches *similar by price and functions but different by cases
These are not all Edifice EF Series. Here is a list of All Edifice EF Watches →
Edifice EF-527 on the wrist!
Official EF-527 Specs / Features *for base version EF-527D-7
- Case / bezel material: Stainless steel
- Solid Band
- Double-lock, 1-press, 3-fold Clasp
- Stainless Steel Band
- Mineral Glass
- Screw Lock Crown
- Screw Lock Back
- 100-meter water resistance
- 1/20-second stopwatch
Measuring capacity: 11:59’59.95”
Measuring mode: Elapsed time
- Date display
- Regular timekeeping
Analog: 3 hands (hour, minute, stopwatch seconds),
3 dials (timekeeping second / stopwatch 1/20 second, stopwatch hours and minutes)
- Accuracy: ±20 seconds per month
- Approx. battery life: 2 years on SR927W
- Size of case : 51×45.5×11.4mm
- Total weight : 157g
Enjoy Japanese approaches to Beautiful and Functional Watches!
Speed & Intelligence. Technologies continue to advance, with EDIFICE leading the way. This multi-function chronograph from CASIO is actively forwarding the evolution of electronic technologies. EDIFICE combines a fusion of dynamic forms with elaborate face designs, and provides leading-edge, accompanied by uniquely original expressions produced by the movements of various hands. These features are transporting the chronograph into new realms, and unlocking the hidden possibilities they contain. EDIFICE, the watch that recognises the value of speed and time, for people who live in the moment!
EDIFICE Design. Bold, fascinating forms and fine details, combined with simple styling that brings out the essence of metal, give birth to products with clearly designed identities.
Drawing and modeling. A prototype is produced based on a sketch using CAD and a 3D printer. A bold design concept takes shape.
Bold index. An edgy, striking large index is laid out on the dial. Robust modeling with straight lines and basic tones evokes a strong presence.
Forged stainless-steel case. After forging and heat treatment of the stainless-steel material, precision machining is conducted to complete the boldly designed case form.
Polished finishing. Polish finishing by the hands of skilled craftsmen produces beautiful mirror surfaces on the forge-cast stainless-steel case.
EF-527 Comparison Table with similar Edifice Watches
Year of first Release
±20 seconds per month
±20 seconds per month
±20 seconds per month
Dual time (World Time)
Case / bezel material
Mineral Glass / Spherical Glass
2 years on SR927W
Size (mm) *we consider 48.9×42.8×13.4 to be a traditional watch size (as in DW-5600). So you are to compare how far or close the watch is to this size
Full features (if you want to know more)
Recent News about EF-527
- [Live Photos] Edifice Black IP stainless steel EF-527BK-1AV
- [Live Photos] Comfortable, stylish and intelligent Edifice EF-527D-1AV
- [Live Photos] Edifice EF-527D-1AVEF – Flawless beauty
Not sure about EF-527? There are more Edifices!