DW-5600 Model Range *may be updated
Quick Content Guide
- DW-5600 Model Range *in different colors and bands
- General information about the watch *year of first release, model range etc.
- G-Shock DW-5600 Display Guide *for key functions only
- G-Shock DW-5600 on the wrist! *only images and only on the wrist
- Feedback from Users and Experts *anonymous from different sources
- DW-5600 Limited Editions *unique style, materials, and price
- Other G-Shock DW Watches *similar by price and functions but different by cases
- Official DW-5600 Specs *all details and for base version DW-5600E-1VQ
- Famous people wearing G-Shock DW-5600! *updates
- Japanese Unique Features in DW-5600 *the most distinctive features in details
- Recent News about DW-5600 *the latest breaking news and videos
About the Watch in short. Representative of the iconic G-Shock square form factor with steel casing. Thus, the Japanese decided to give fans of the high-impact direction an opportunity to enjoy metal in their favorite case, while the price tag of the model is quite affordable – about $ 250. The inside of the case is made of polymer to absorb shock and reduce the total weight of the watch, and both parts of the strap are removable – the replacement process takes a matter of seconds. The capabilities of the GM-5600 module almost completely coincide with the DW-5600 – a stopwatch, world clock, timer, alarm clock, calendar and backlight with a blinking function.
*average Amazon Price, we may earn commission from purchases
|Year of first Release||2000|
|Battery Type||CR2016 (G-Shock Batteries)|
G-Shock DW-5600 Display Guide *for key functions only. For you to know how it works))
To set the time and date
1. Press (A) while in the Timekeeping Mode. The seconds digits flash on the display because they are selected.
2. Press (C) to change the selection.
You can set an alarm with hour, minutes, month, and day. When the alarm is on, the alarm sounds for 20 seconds at the preset time. When the Hourly Time Signal is on, the watch beeps every hour on the hour.
The countdown timer can be set within a range of 1 second to 24 hours. When the countdown reaches zero, an alarm sounds for 10 seconds or until you press any button.
The Stopwatch Mode lets you measure elapsed time, split times, and two finishes. The range of the stopwatch is 23 hours, 59 minutes, 59 seconds.
G-Shock DW-5600 on the wrist!
Feedback from Users *accumulated information from our own comments and emails, forum threads, socials, reviews, etc.
+ tough as nails and never needs servicing
+ it’s endlessly reliable, completely indestructible
+ practical, multi-functional and robust
– with a downside there’s so much goes on it’s sometimes hard to see all the detail
DW-5600 Limited Editions *unique style, materials, and price
The Listing of All G-Shock DW-5600 Limited Watches → *with detailed description about the style
Other G-Shock DW Watches *similar by price and functions but different by cases
These are not all G-Shock DW Series. Here is a list of All G-Shock DW Watches →
Official Casio Description. From G-SHOCK, the watch brand that is always finding ways to incorporate world culture icons into exciting new designs, comes a selection of new Metallic Mirror Face models.
These new models are part of the Basic lineup that harkens back to the days of no-nonsense practical G-SHOCK styling in commemoration of the 35th G-SHOCK anniversary being celebrated in 2018. Base models are the DW-5600, which is a masterpiece of original G-SHOCK styling.
Official DW-5600 Specs / Features *for base version DW-5600E-1VQ
- Case / bezel material: Resin
- Resin Band
- Mineral Glass
- Shock Resistant
- 200-meter water resistance
- Electro-luminescent backlight
- Flash alert
Flashes with buzzer that sounds for alarms, hourly time signals
- 1/100-second stopwatch
Measuring capacity: 00’00″00~59’59″99 (for the first 60 minutes)
1:00’00~23:59’59 (after 60 minutes)
Measuring unit: 1/100 second (for the first 60 minutes)
1 second (after 60 minutes)
Measuring modes: Elapsed time, split time, 1st-2nd place times
- Countdown timer
Measuring unit: 1 second
Countdown range: 24 hours
Countdown start time setting range: 1 second to 24 hours (1-second increments, 1-minute increments and 1-hour increments)
- Multi-function alarm
- Hourly time signal
- Full auto-calendar (to year 2039)
- 12/24-hour format
- Regular timekeeping: Hour, minute, second, pm, month, date, day
- Accuracy: ±15 seconds per month
- Approx. battery life: 2 years on CR2016
- Size of case : 48.9×42.8×13.4mm
- Total weight : 53g
Famous people wearing G-Shock DW-5600!
Have you seen this watch with another person? Let us know!
Enjoy Japanese Unique Features in DW-5600!
*some images are about G-Shock 5000/5600 cases, but the technology, approaches, concepts and philosophy remains the same for the whole G-Shock Model Range
Hollow case structure. Based on a realization that “shocks are not transmitted inside a bouncing rubber ball,” the structure was designed to let the module float inside the case, relieving shocks transmitted from outside. Today, the module’s shock resistance is realized through further technical innovations. But the revolutionary tough structure that gave G-SHOCK its origin began here.
All-directional covering. If the watch is dropped, the protruding bezel fully enclosing it absorbs the shock, protecting the buttons directly connected to the module and alleviating shocks from all directions. The bezel also guards the surface of the crystal. The band is curved stiffly at the point of connection with the case, moreover, enabling it to serve as a shock absorber and prevent direct shocks to the back of the case.
Protective cushioning of key parts. The crystal oscillator and other critical parts inside the module are guarded individually by cushioning material. Any strong shock to the watch causes immediate distortion of the cushioning inside the module, preventing contact failure and malfunction.
Japan Quality. Constructed with genuine quality, CASIO products provide truly practicable applications in which functionality and beauty combine. The leading-edge LSI technologies and skilled craftsmanship that give life to CASIO watches exemplify the quality Japan boasts in the world marketplace.
For CASIO, “faith in manufacturing” refers to an inexorable advancement of digital technologies and an uncompromising commitment to fine craftsmanship. This faith engenders unparalleled performance that not only elevates CASIO watches as close as possible to perfection, but that actually changes their wearers’ lifestyles.
Recent News about DW-5600
- [G-SHOCK 2023] DW-5600GL-9 and others — Lucky Drop Series
- [G-SHOCK 2023] DW-5600 x Oshiba Yuhao Taiwan Limited Rabbit Edition
- [G-SHOCK 2022] DW-5600PRE22-1 — Preduce Skateboards Collaboration
- [G-SHOCK 2022] DW-5600GL, DW-6900, GA-110 — Capsule Toys Series
- [G-SHOCK LIMITED] DW-5600NH22-9 x N.HOOLYWOOD Collaboration
Not sure about DW-5600? There are more G-Shocks!