GX-56 Model Range *may be updated
Quick Content Guide
- GX-56 Model Range *in different colors and bands
- General information about the watch *year of first release, model range etc.
- G-Shock GX-56 Display Guide *for key functions only
- G-Shock GX-56 on the wrist! *only images and only on the wrist
- GX-56 Usage Patterns *what the watch is usually meant for
- Feedback from Users and Experts *anonymous from different sources
- GX-56 Limited Editions *unique style, materials, and price
- The most distinctive specs *from our Editorial point of view
- Official GX-56 Specs *all details and for base version GX-56BB-1
- Famous people wearing G-Shock GX-56! *updates
- Japanese Unique Features in GX-56 *the most distinctive features in details
- Full Photo Gallery *various images
- Recent News about GX-56 *the latest breaking news and videos
About the Watch in short. The owner of one of the most shock-resistant cases among all G-Shock, it is not for nothing that fans call the GX-56 the “king” of the trend and most often put them to the test of strength. A large, massive case with wide protrusions above the buttons and a display recessed inward to protect the glass from damage. The bezel consists of two layers of polyurethane, and the buttons do not let dirt and dust inside the watch. Under the glass there is another layer of polyurethane for cushioning. The module is located inside a special elastic material alphaGel, which even with strong impacts protects it from any damage and vibration. The watch is powered by a solar battery, which does not require replacement for a very long time.
|Price||$120 *average Amazon Price, we may earn commission from purchases|
|Year of first Release||2010|
|Module Number||3221 / Manual|
|Model Range||STANDART DIGITAL (This Line includes Digital G-Shocks that are the best in “price/quality” category. Usually have traditional digital functions.)|
|Battery Type||Solar (G-Shock Batteries)|
Buy Battery on Amazon →
|Other Divisions the GX-56 belongs to: *you may find all watches of the division by clicking on the link||G-Shock Square|
G-Shock GX-56 Display Guide *for key functions only. For you to know how it works))
- Press (C) to change from mode to mode.
- In any mode (except when a setting screen is on the display), press (B) to illuminate the display.
World Time shows the current time in 48 cities (31 time zones) around the world.
The Alarm Mode gives you a choice of four one-time alarms and one snooze alarm.
Also use the Alarm Mode to turn the Hourly Time Signal (SIG) on and off.
You can set the countdown timer within a range of one minute to 24 hours. An alarm sounds when the countdown reaches zero.
– All of the operations in this section are performed in the countdown Timer Mode, which you enter by pressing (C).
G-Shock GX-56 on the wrist!
GX-56 Usage Patterns *what the watch is usually meant for
Feedback from users *accumulated information from our own comments and emails, forum threads, socials, reviews, etc.
+ solar powered
+ affordable price
+ shock absorption
+ vibration isolation
+ magnetic resistant and mud resistant
– no atomic timekeeping
– manual time setup
GX-56 Limited Editions *unique style, materials, and price
The Listing of All G-Shock GX-56 Limited Watches → *with detailed description about the style
What we like in GX-56 *comments by experts with 10 years experience in writing about Casio watches
— 200-meter water resistance (good for swimming but not for deep diving)
— Mud Resistant (helps to ensure that nothing gets into the watch when down and dirty work takes you deep into the dirt and sludge)
— Tough Solar (CASIO’s original solar-charging system converts not only sunlight but also light from fluorescent lamps and other sources into power)
— Vibration-resistant (alphaGEL elements surround the watch, making it even more resistant to shocks and vibrations. alphaGEL is a silicone material. It is extremely flexible and has a cushioning effect on the module)
Official Marketing Focus from Casio
From G-SHOCK, the watch that sets the standard for timekeeping toughness, comes the latest models to feature basic G-SHOCK black that captures the essence of one-tone resin. This model is based on the GX-56, which is designed to withstand impact from any direction. A simple matte black finish allows the form of the watch itself to come out, while the buckle have a black ion plate finish.
Everything about this new basic black model capture the very essence of the rough, tough basic G-SHOCK image.
Official GX-56 Specs / Features *for base version GX-56BB-1
- Case / bezel material: Resin
- Resin Band
- Shock Resistant
- Mineral Glass
- Mud Resistant
- 200-meter water resistance
- Electro-luminescent backlight
Full auto EL light, selectable illumination duration(1.5 seconds or 3 seconds), afterglow
- Solar powered
- World time
31 time zones (48 cities + coordinated universal time), daylight saving on/off
- 1/100-second stopwatch
Measuring capacity: 23:59’59.99”
Measuring modes: Elapsed time, split time, 1st-2nd place times
- Countdown timer
Measuring unit: 1 second
Countdown range: 24 hours
Countdown start time setting range: 1 minute to 24 hours (1-minute increments and 1-hour increments)
- 5 daily alarms (with 1 snooze alarm)
- Hourly time signal
- Battery level indicator
- Power Saving (display goes blank to save power when the watch is left in the dark.)
- Full auto-calendar (to year 2099)
- 12/24-hour format
- Button operation tone on/off
- Regular timekeeping: Hour, minute, second, pm, month, date, day
- Accuracy: ±15 seconds per month
- Approx. battery operating time:
11 months on rechargeable battery (operation period with normal use without exposure to light after charge)
27 months on rechargeable battery (operation period when stored in total darkness with the power save function on after full charge)
- Size of case : 55.5×53.6×17.5mm
- Total weight : 88g
Famous people wearing G-Shock GX-56!
Have you seen this watch with another person? Let us know!
Enjoy Japanese Unique Features in GX-56!
*some images are about G-Shock 5000/5600 cases, but the technology, approaches, concepts and philosophy remains the same for the whole G-Shock Model Range
Hollow case structure. Based on a realization that “shocks are not transmitted inside a bouncing rubber ball,” the structure was designed to let the module float inside the case, relieving shocks transmitted from outside. Today, the module’s shock resistance is realized through further technical innovations. But the revolutionary tough structure that gave G-SHOCK its origin began here.
All-directional covering. If the watch is dropped, the protruding bezel fully enclosing it absorbs the shock, protecting the buttons directly connected to the module and alleviating shocks from all directions. The bezel also guards the surface of the crystal. The band is curved stiffly at the point of connection with the case, moreover, enabling it to serve as a shock absorber and prevent direct shocks to the back of the case.
Protective cushioning of key parts. The crystal oscillator and other critical parts inside the module are guarded individually by cushioning material. Any strong shock to the watch causes immediate distortion of the cushioning inside the module, preventing contact failure and malfunction.
Japan Quality. Constructed with genuine quality, CASIO products provide truly practicable applications in which functionality and beauty combine. The leading-edge LSI technologies and skilled craftsmanship that give life to CASIO watches exemplify the quality Japan boasts in the world marketplace.
For CASIO, “faith in manufacturing” refers to an inexorable advancement of digital technologies and an uncompromising commitment to fine craftsmanship. This faith engenders unparalleled performance that not only elevates CASIO watches as close as possible to perfection, but that actually changes their wearers’ lifestyles.
GX-56 Replacement Band (Strap) *availability
We think it is very important (before buying a new watch) to know if there will be some choice as for replacement bands for GX-56 (in future or even now). So we made a research and you shouldn’t worry about your future as the bands are available for buying.
Recent News about GX-56 *on casiofanmag.com
- Enjoy our research as for GX-56 PROs & CONs features. We analyzed user reviews, forum threads, and other social signals. Then we deleted duplicates and listed only unique and important features. Feedback from users *accumulated information from our own comments and emails, forum threads, socials, reviews, etc. PROs+ solar powered+ affordable price+ […]
- Daikokuten is called a Shiva incarnation of Hinduism, and made a syncretic fusion of Shintoism and Buddhism with Ohkuninushi-no-Mikoto in Edo era. He has a big bag on his back, a mallet of luck in his hand and put a hood on, and such his style is generally well known. He has […]
- Named after Daikokuten, the big (large) size case × black (black) color “GX – 56” is based. It depicts gods of treasure and Fukutoku by stamping out hammer and rat, striking a round in a ring. The EL graphic that appears when the backlight is lit is the letter “O”. Other functions […]
You ask, we answer…
The watch is good for swimming but not for deep diving.
CASIO’s original solar-charging system converts not only sunlight but also light from fluorescent lamps and other sources into power.
It helps to ensure that nothing gets into the watch when down and dirty work takes you deep into the dirt and sludge.
AlphaGEL elements surround the watch, making it even more resistant to shocks and vibrations. AlphaGEL is a silicone material. It is extremely flexible and has a cushioning effect on the module.
Not sure about GX-56? There are more G-Shocks!