The owner of one of the most shock-resistant cases among all G-Shock, it is not for nothing that fans call the GX-56 the “king” of the trend and most often put them to the test of strength. A large, massive case with wide protrusions above the buttons and a display recessed inward to protect the glass from damage. The bezel consists of two layers of polyurethane, and the buttons do not let dirt and dust inside the watch. Under the glass there is another layer of polyurethane for cushioning. The module is located inside a special elastic material alphaGel, which even with strong impacts protects it from any damage and vibration. The watch is powered by a solar battery, which does not require replacement for a very long time.
- Price — 120$ *average Amazon Price, we may earn commission from purchases
- Year of first Release — 2010
- Module Number — 3221 / Manual
- Model Range — STANDART DIGITAL (This Line includes Digital G-Shocks that are the best in “price/quality” category. Usually have traditional digital functions.)
- Other Divisions the GX-56 belongs to: *you may find all watches of the division by clicking on the link
- Battery Type — Solar (G-Shock Batteries)
Feedback from users *accumulated information from our own comments and emails, forum threads, socials, reviews, etc.
+ solar powered
+ affordable price
+ shock absorption
+ vibration isolation
+ magnetic resistant and mud resistant
– no atomic timekeeping
– manual time setup
GX-56 Model Range *may be updated
The most distinctive specs of GX-56 *Editorial
— 200-meter water resistance (good for swimming but not for deep diving)
— Mud Resistant (helps to ensure that nothing gets into the watch when down and dirty work takes you deep into the dirt and sludge)
— Tough Solar (CASIO’s original solar-charging system converts not only sunlight but also light from fluorescent lamps and other sources into power)
— Vibration-resistant (alphaGEL elements surround the watch, making it even more resistant to shocks and vibrations. alphaGEL is a silicone material. It is extremely flexible and has a cushioning effect on the module)
Official Marketing Focus from Casio
From G-SHOCK, the watch that sets the standard for timekeeping toughness, comes the latest models to feature basic G-SHOCK black that captures the essence of one-tone resin. This model is based on the GX-56, which is designed to withstand impact from any direction. A simple matte black finish allows the form of the watch itself to come out, while the buckle have a black ion plate finish.
Everything about this new basic black model capture the very essence of the rough, tough basic G-SHOCK image.
Official GX-56 Specs / Features *for base version GX-56BB-1
- Case / bezel material: Resin
- Resin Band
- Shock Resistant
- Mineral Glass
- Mud Resistant
- 200-meter water resistance
- Electro-luminescent backlight
Full auto EL light, selectable illumination duration(1.5 seconds or 3 seconds), afterglow
- Solar powered
- World time
31 time zones (48 cities + coordinated universal time), daylight saving on/off
- 1/100-second stopwatch
Measuring capacity: 23:59’59.99”
Measuring modes: Elapsed time, split time, 1st-2nd place times
- Countdown timer
Measuring unit: 1 second
Countdown range: 24 hours
Countdown start time setting range: 1 minute to 24 hours (1-minute increments and 1-hour increments)
- 5 daily alarms (with 1 snooze alarm)
- Hourly time signal
- Battery level indicator
- Power Saving (display goes blank to save power when the watch is left in the dark.)
- Full auto-calendar (to year 2099)
- 12/24-hour format
- Button operation tone on/off
- Regular timekeeping: Hour, minute, second, pm, month, date, day
- Accuracy: ±15 seconds per month
- Approx. battery operating time:
11 months on rechargeable battery (operation period with normal use without exposure to light after charge)
27 months on rechargeable battery (operation period when stored in total darkness with the power save function on after full charge)
- Size of case : 55.5×53.6×17.5mm
- Total weight : 88g
GX-56 Replacement Band (Strap) *availability
We think it is very important (before buying a new watch) to know if there will be some choice as for replacement bands for GX-56 (in future or even now). So we made a research and you shouldn’t worry about your future as the bands are available for buying.
Recent News about GX-56
- [Live Photos] G-Shock GX-56SLG and Daikokuten God
- [Live Photos] G-Shock GX-56SLG-1 and Daikokuten God
- [Live Photos] G-Shock GX-56BB x NS50 Limited
- [Limited Series] GX-56DGK-1DR — G-Shock and Steve Williams DGK Collaboration
- [Casio on TV] Simon Pegg is wearing G-Shock GX-56
You ask, we answer…
The watch is good for swimming but not for deep diving.
CASIO’s original solar-charging system converts not only sunlight but also light from fluorescent lamps and other sources into power.
It helps to ensure that nothing gets into the watch when down and dirty work takes you deep into the dirt and sludge.
AlphaGEL elements surround the watch, making it even more resistant to shocks and vibrations. AlphaGEL is a silicone material. It is extremely flexible and has a cushioning effect on the module.