For the brand’s 35th anniversary, G-SHOCK is releasing a limited version of its beloved FROGMAN GWF-D1000 style. Various applications and a continuous numbering make this release unique – collectors, listen closely.
The G-SHOCK FROGMAN Limited Edition will be released in a special packaging: a solid, G-SHOCK logo branded expedition box, with enough space for the Watch itself and a matching accessory. Next to the highly functional watch, a diver’s knife is included in the set, branded with the G-SHOCK logo as well.
…each model of the limited edition is numbered from 1 to 350, done with a laser engravement on the buckle of the watch. Matching color details of the watch, the G-SHOCK 35 anniversary logo designed by New York City graffiti legend Eric Haze is printed on the strap. Both numbering and logo recur on an engraved metal plate included in the box.
The FROGMAN GWF-D1000 represents another major step forward in the evolution of FROGMAN watches, with three precision sensors for measuring water depth, temperature, and compass bearing, and it is designed for use in the toughest environments including marine rescue.
The GWF-D1000 also marks a first for the FROGMAN Series, with a water depth function that measures the depth down to 80 meters in 10-centimeter increments. The temperature function measures water temperature in 0.1-degree Celsius increments, and the compass bearing function, which features auto horizontal compensation, measures bearing in one degree increments even when tilted. These sensors provide real-time measurement data to support underwater search and rescue activities.
The watch comes with an array of pro-grade features including a tide graph that displays high and low tides and a log memory function to track diving activities (dive time, maximum water depth, and lowest water temperature), supplemented by an excessive ascent rate alarm.
The GWF-D1000 also takes a leap forward on the outside with features that enhance durability. While retaining the asymmetric shape of past FROGMAN watches, the GWF-D1000 boasts a crystal made of scratch-resistant sapphire and a wristband reinforced with a carbon fiber insert. The watch features large buttons that are easy to operate even with gloves on.
The back case features a diamond-like carbon (DLC) coating and is engraved with a FROGMAN icon featuring a stylized rescue frog bravely diving into the dark seas with light in hand.
Average Amazon Price: $700 (yes, we may earn a commission on qualifying purchases from our links to Amazon)
Year of first release: 2016
Lineup: PROFESSIONAL (G-Shock Professional Line includes watches that can really help you survive under hard, tough conditions. They are well equipped and have the best tough specs.) All G-Shock Professional Watches →
Best for: Big Wrists, Top in G-Shock Lookbooks
The most distinctive specs:
– ISO 200 meters Water Resistance (good for swimming and professional diving)
– Tough Solar (CASIO’s original solar-charging system converts not only sunlight but also light from fluorescent lamps and other sources into power)
– Radio-controlled Watch; Multi band 6 (additional way for time sync. This watch receives time calibration radio signals that keep the displayed time accurate)
– Digital compass (measures and displays direction as one of 16 points)
– Thermometer (can measure and display the outside temperature in a range from -10 C to 60 C)
– Barometer (measures the air pressures and displays tendencies in the weather)
– Altimeter (The electronic mechanism “estimates” the altitude based on the air pressure)
– Depth Meter (Underwater depth measurement up to 80 meters (in 10 cm units))
– Diving Mode (Dive start time, dive time, minimum water temperature, maximum depth)
– Ascent rate alarm (alerts you when the rate of ascent is 10 meters per minute or faster)
– Moon data (moon age of the specific date)
– Tide graph (tide level for specific date and time)
Other colors and full specs: GWF-D1000 Wiki Page
Only Limited Editions: GWF-D1000 Limited Editions