GW-8200 Model Range *may be updated
*Want to be the first to know about new G-Shock Updates? Here we store all recent Monthly G-Shock Updates →
Quick Content Guide
- GW-8200 Model Range *in different colors and bands
- Japanese Unique Features in GW-8200 *the most distinctive features in details
- General information about the watch *year of first release, model range etc.
- G-Shock GW-8200 Display Guide *for key functions only
- G-Shock GW-8200 on the wrist! *only images and only on the wrist
- GW-8200 Usage Patterns *what the watch is usually meant for
- The most distinctive specs *from our Editorial point of view
- Official GW-8200 Specs *all details and for base version DW-H5600-1
- G-Shock GW-8200 PROs & CONs *by experts with 10 years experience
- GW-8200 Comparison Table *with similar G-Shock Watches
- Recent News about GW-8200 *the latest breaking news and videos
About the Watch in short.
Dive deep into the celebration of the 30th anniversary of the G-SHOCK Master of G FROGMAN family of full-fledged diver’s watches with ISO-standard 200-meter water resistance.The third commemorative model to mark the 30 years since the first FROGMAN made a splash in 1993, this limited-edition timepiece revisits the bold design of the DW-8200NT debut in 2000 — the iconic asymmetrical FROGMAN shape with striking red band, bezel, and LCD.
G-SHOCK FROGMAN Evolution Timeline
A premium, full-metal G-SHOCK MR-G timepiece for the sea — the titanium armor-clad, airtight MRG-BF1000 with ISO 200-meter water resistance joins the FROGMAN family of full-fledged diver’s watches.
700$ on Amazon →
This watch revives the design of the ever-popular second-generation FROGMAN to commemorate the 30th anniversary of the FROGMAN. The features including Tough Solar charging and a high-brightness full-auto LED backlight, and employing biomass plastics for the main resin material.
800$ on Amazon →
First FROGMAN watch with Sapphire Crystal and Triple Sensor including Digital compass, Depth Meter and Thermometer.
Enjoy Japanese Unique Features in GW-8200!
The bezel and band are made with bio-based resins produced using renewable organic resources, helping to reduce the ecological footprint of this watch. Tough Solar charging is included as well, for converting sunlight into energy. Everything about this diver’s watch exudes harmony with nature.
Commemorative design: Engraved diving frog character.
The diving frog familiar to FROGMAN fans is engraved on the case back, inherited from the DW-8200’s design. In commemoration of the anniversary of the FROGMAN, the frog is accompanied by the word “30th” as well. The diving frog also appears on the LCD when the LED backlight is activated.
ISO 200-metre water resistance to support diving use
The titanium case and screw-lock case back ensure an airtight seal. The watch satisfies ISO standards for water resistance, including button operability underwater, enabling its use for diving.
Specs to support diving activities.
In addition to dive time and surface interval measurements, memory for up to ten diving logs is included for recording data such as the dive start date and time as well as the time spent in the water. Tide graphs and moon data also provide handy ways to keep on top of conditions at dive locations.
Tough Solar powered for converting light to energy
Includes a solar panel in the shape of the second-generation FROGMAN’s dial.
Super Illuminator (high-brightness full-auto LED backlight) for readability in the dark. An image of the diving frog appears when the LED light is activated.
|Price||700$ *average Amazon Price, we may earn commission from purchases|
|Year of first Release||2022|
|Suitable for Wrist Size||150 – 220 mm|
|Module Number||3521 / Manual|
|Model Range||PROFESSIONAL (G-Shock Professional Line includes watches that can really help you survive under hard, tough conditions. They are well equipped and have the best tough specs.)|
|Battery Type||Solar (G-Shock Batteries)|
|Other Divisions the DW-H5600 belongs to: *you may find all watches of the division by clicking on the link||G-Shock Digital|
G-Shock Biomass Plastic
G-Shock Tide Graph
G-Shock GW-8200 Display Guide *for key functions only. For you to know how it works))
Using the Diving Functions
You can use the procedures in this section to measure dive times and surface intervals. The watch also records dive log data automatically.
Viewing Dive Log Data
There is memory for up to 10 dive log data records. Recording dive log data when there are already 10 log data records in memory causes the oldest log record to be deleted automatically to make room for the new one.
Checking the Current Tide Level and Moon Phase
The current time’s tide graph and the current date’s Moon phase (Moon Graph) are displayed in the modes below.
● Timekeeping Mode
● Tide Graph/Moon Graph Mode
● Dive Mode
G-Shock GW-8200 on the wrist!
GW-8200 Usage Patterns *what the watch is usually meant for
What we like in GW-8200 *comments by experts with 10 years experience in writing about Casio watches
— Titanium bezel (lightweight, strong and rust resistant)
— Biomass plastics in the case and band (the environmentally friendly biomass plastics are produced using materials derived from castor seeds and corn, as well as other raw materials)
— The legendary DW-8200 reborn (the iconic asymmetrical FROGMAN shape)
— ISO 200 meters Water Resistance (good for swimming and professional diving)
— Solar-powered (CASIO’s original solar-charging system converts not only sunlight but also light from fluorescent lamps and other sources into power)
— Diving Mode (Dive time and surface interval measurement function)
— Moon data (moon age of the specific date)
— Tide graph (tide level for specific date and time)
— Super Illuminator (LED light for digital display)
Official Casio Description.
More than just a revival of this original design, the GW-8230B represents a new evolution — it is the first Frogman to use Earth-friendly biomass plastics in the bezel and band. Add Tough Solar powered by a solar panel designed especially to reproduce the shape of the DW-8200 dial, and you have a special diver’s watch that goes the extra mile to reduce environmental impact.
This limited edition reprises the a popular DW-8200B-9A black and gold color scheme while adding high-tech functions to bring state-of-the-art 21st century technology to 1990s design. The back of the titanium case and the LED backlight both display a special Frogman 30th anniversary design.
Official GW-8200 Specs / Features *for base version GW-8230B-9A
- Case size (L× W× H): 52 × 50.3 × 18 mm
- Weight: 84 g
- Case / bezel material: Titanium / Resin
- Resin Band
- Shock Resistant
- ISO 200 meters Water Resistance
- Tough Solar (Solar powered)
- Mineral Glass
- Screw Lock Back
- Black ion plated case
- Compatible band size: 150 to 220 mm
- Diving feature
Dive time and surface interval measurement function
Dive time: 1 second increments, up to 23:59’59
Surface interval: 1 minute increments, up to 47:59’59
Memory capacity: One set of 10 data (dive start date and time, dive time)
- World time
31 time zones (48 cities + coordinated universal time), city code display, daylight saving on/off
- Moon data (moon age of the specific date, moon phase graph)
- Tide graph (tide level for specific date and time)
- 1/100-second stopwatch
Measuring capacity: 23:59’59.99”
Measuring modes: Elapsed time, split time, 1st-2nd place times
- Countdown timer
Measuring unit: 1 second
Input range: 1 minutes to 24 hours (1-minute increments and 1-hour increments)
- 5 daily alarms (with 1 snooze alarm)
- Hourly time signal
- LED backlight (Super Illuminator) Full auto LED light, selectable illumination duration (1.5 seconds or 3 seconds), afterglow
- Full auto-calendar (to year 2099)
- Button operation tone on/off
- Power Saving (Turns off the display when the watch is left in the dark)
- Battery power indicator
- Approx. battery operating time:
14 months on rechargeable battery (operation period with normal use without exposure to light after charge)
36 months on rechargeable battery (operation period when stored in total darkness with the power save function on after full charge)
- Accuracy: ±15 seconds per month
- 12/24-hour format
- Regular timekeeping: Hour, minute, second, pm, month, date, day
G-SHOCK GW-8200 PROs & CONs
Will be soon…
GW-8200 Comparison Table with similar G-Shock Watches
Will be soon…
Recent News about GW-8200
- [G-SHOCK 2023] GMD-W5600 and others — Dolphin & Whale Yellow Series
- [G-SHOCK 2023] GW-8230NT-4 — 30th Anniversary Frogman
- [G-SHOCK 2023] GW-8230NT-4 — Red Black Anniversary Frog
- [G-SHOCK 2023] GW-8230NT-4 — Titanium and Biomass Plastics
- [G-SHOCK 2023] GW-8230NT — Reprinted Frogman in Red Color
Not sure about GW-8200? There are more G-Shocks!