GST-B300 unexpectedly appeared in the listing of new products on casio.com – the next generation of steel G-Shock. This is a positive signal for the sales start, and some retailers are already adding the series to the list of hot new products. We are confident in the success of the new GST – the direction is well approved in the “office” and business environment, where premium steel design and Japanese reliability are equally welcomed.
The product doesn’t even look like GST-B200 [as its predecessor], but more like the GST-W100/110 series. If you trace the entire life cycle of the G-Steel division, it will be clear how the designers and engineers methodically have been improving their work and learned from their own mistakes, while relying on advanced technology and quality materials.
The Japanese are very proud of the carbon body structure they inherited from the GST-B300. The first problem that carbon fiber solves is the size and weight of the watch, which is quite relevant, especially if the watch is on a bracelet. Shock resistance has also reached a new level, although G-Shock has never had a problem with it. The main thing is that the electronic module is reliably protected – that’s why we love shocks.
It is interesting to look live at the “propeller” at the 6 o’clock position, where a colored stripe ideally shows the battery charge. We have already seen similar experiments with the “screws” of the GST-B100 – such a solution has not gone to everyone.
In terms of functionality, everything is the same as in the GST-B200 – Solar Power, Bluetooth Sync and G-Shock Connect app. Electronic “base” includes a stopwatch, timer, world time, alarm clock, calendar and backlight.
For $330 the official price we were pleasantly surprised – we assumed the price tag would be $100 higher.
GST-B300 Profile / Casio G-Shock
Year of first release: 2020
Nominations: best design, best functions, best price
The most distinctive specs:
– G-SHOCK Connected App (you may manage all watch settings through your phone)
– Tough Solar (CASIO’s original solar-charging system converts not only sunlight but also light from fluorescent lamps and other sources into power)
– Mobile link (Wireless linking using Bluetooth(R)) (for time sync with your phone data)
– 200-meter water resistance (good for swimming but not for deep diving)
– Carbon Core Guard Structure (protects the module with a carbon case. Highly durable carbon fiber-reinforced resin is added not only to the center case, but also to the front and side button guards, providing even stronger resistance to shocks from above or below, or from any side)
– The battery indicator at the 6 o’clock position (designed to evoke a brake disk, shows the remaining battery power by an arrow pointer and a curved red bar, providing visually interesting ways to check the battery)
Average Amazon Price: may be available
Other colors and full specs: GST-B300 Wiki Page
All G-Shock Watches on Active Sale in 2020 — our verified and complete guide