About PRW-6900 in Short.
|Price||later *average Amazon Price, we may earn commission from purchases|
|Year of First Release||2022|
|Battery Type||Solar (ProTrek Batteries)|
PRW-6900 Model Range *may be updated
*Want to be the first to know about new ProTrek Updates? Here we store all recent Monthly ProTrek Updates →
Official Description from Casio.
From the authentic outdoor gear PRO TREK for those who love nature, it is a model equipped with radio solar that uses environmentally friendly eco materials. With a rough outdoor style as the design theme, the metal bezel has a sharp shape with the sides scraped off, reminiscent of an ax for chopping wood. The in-dial needle also has a sharp design shape that resembles an outdoor tool knife. The second hand is colored with an orange gradation that gives the image of a swaying flame. The dial has an uneven design that evokes the surface of a cast iron like a Dutch oven. Biomass plastic material is used for the soft urethane band, case and resin back cover. It is a model packed with high functionality and practicality that can be used in various scenes, with practical functions such as multiband 6 and tough solar.
Official PRW-6900 Specs / Features *for base version PRW-6900Y-3
- Case size: 49.6 x 44.8 x 14.7mm
- Weight: 65 grams
- Case/bezel material: resin/stainless steel
- Soft urethane band (biomass plastic)
- Low temperature resistant specification (-10°C)
- Radio clock MULTIBAND6 for Japan, North America, Europe and China
- Tough Solar (solar charging system)
- Azimuth measurement function: Measure 16 azimuths and azimuth angles (0 to 359°), continuous azimuth measurement (60 seconds), north direction pointer function, magnetic declination correction function, azimuth correction function (2-point correction)
- Altitude measurement function / relative altimeter (measurement range: -700 to 10,000m, 1m unit), altitude difference indicator (measurement range 1: 100m/5m unit, measurement range 2: 1000m/50m unit), altitude trend graph, measurement interval setting Function (every 5 seconds / 2 minutes) * Every 1 second only for the first 3 minutes, altitude memory (up to 30 manual memories of measurement date, time, altitude), automatic recording data (maximum / minimum altitude, auto accumulation ( Ascent/descent) Memory)
- Barometric pressure measurement function (measurement range: 260 to 1,100hPa, 1hPa unit), pressure trend graph (displays the past 20 hours), pressure difference indicator (measurement range: ±10hPa/1hPa unit), pressure trend information alarm (characteristic If there is a change in atmospheric pressure, you will be notified with an arrow and a notification sound.)
- Temperature measurement function (measurement range: -10 to 60°C, 0.1°C unit)
- Mineral glass
- screw lock crown
- Band wearable size: 145-215mm
- World time: 29 cities around the world (29 time zones, with summer time setting function) + UTC (Coordinated Universal Time) time display, UTC direct call function, home time city replacement function
- Stopwatch (1/100 second, 24 hour meter)
- Timer (set unit: 1 minute, maximum set: 60 minutes, measured in 1 second units)
- 5 time alarms, hourly signal
- Double LED light: LED light for dial (with full auto light, super illuminator, afterglow function, afterglow time switch (1.5 sec/3 sec)), LED backlight for LCD (full auto light, super illuminator, afterglow) function, with afterglow time switching (1.5 seconds / 3 seconds))
- full auto calendar
- Operation sound ON/OFF switching function
- Needle position automatic correction function
- Power saving function (In a dark place, after a certain period of time has passed, the display is turned off and the hand movement is stopped to save power.)
- Battery indicator display
- 12/24 hour display switching
- Needle evacuation function (manual, automatic (at the time of altitude, atmospheric pressure, temperature measurement))
ProTrek PRW-6900 Gallery
The most distinctive specs of PRW-6900 *Editorial
— Massive octagonal bezel (the stainless steel octagonal bezel features tapered edges, evoking the sharp edge of a sturdy wood axe)
— 100-meter water resistance (good for swimming but not for deep diving)
— Biomass plastics in the case, band, and case back (the environmentally friendly biomass plastics are produced using materials derived from castor seeds and corn, as well as other raw materials)
— Tough Solar (CASIO’s original solar-charging system converts not only sunlight but also light from fluorescent lamps and other sources into power)
— Radio-controlled Watch; Multi band 6 (additional way for time sync. This watch receives time calibration radio signals that keep the displayed time accurate)
— Low temperature resistant (stable operation of the watch is guaranteed even at a temperature of -20°C)
— Digital compass (measures and displays direction as one of 16 points)
— Thermometer (can measure and display the outside temperature in a range from -10 C to 60 C)
— Barometer (measures the air pressures and displays tendencies in the weather)
— Altimeter (The electronic mechanism “estimates” the altitude based on the air pressure)
Other ProTrek PRW Watches *similar by price and functions but different by cases
These are not all ProTrek PRW Series. Here is a list of All ProTrek PRW Watches →
Enjoy Japanese approaches to Travel and Functional ProTrek Watches!
Every adventure needs a reliable partner. PRO TREK is exactly the kind of watch that you need to meet the demands of your interests. PRO TREK is equipped with functions such as solar power operation, a digital compass, an altimeter, a barometer and a thermometer. The combination of innovative technology, a robust precision movement and state-of-the-art design makes the PRO TREK the perfect companion for all adventures under the open sky. Mountain or valley? Forest or meadow? River or lake? No matter what awaits you, you will be well-prepared to make any rough terrain your own thanks to the PRO TREK.
Experience for yourself how PRO TREK opens up new horizons while always pointing you in the right direction!
Tough Solar. The CASIO Tough Solar System is now so advanced that even the weakest light sources are sufficient to operate the watches. The solar cells are so small and inconspicuous that they can be integrated easily into every watch face design.
An accumulator in solar watches saves “superfluous” energy and releases it when the watch is in darkness. The accumulator is charged automatically and does not require manual activation.
RADIO WATCH TECHNOLOGY.
The advantages of radio-controlled watches are obvious: Once they have been set to the relevant time zone, they always display the exact local time. All CASIO radio watches receive signals almost anywhere in Europe. Some models even receive signals in North America, parts of Canada and Mexico (the radio tower in Fort Collins sends signals for a radius of up to 3200 km) and even in Japan or China. In Europe, the change from summer to winter time is also completely automatic.
Quick Access to Important Functions
With its electronic crown, the innovative Smart Access system provides intuitive access to key functions. By rotating and pressing the crown, the user can switch between individual features such as the altimeter or alarm, and settings can be adjusted quickly and directly. The Smart Access system is protected by a crown switch locking feature, preventing the watch from switching unintentionally to another mode.
Triple Sensor. PRO TREK watches are equipped with the latest Triple Sensor, version 3 technology, making them even more accurate than before. Three highly sensitive, extremely small sensors measure with absolute precision and instantly display changes in your environment. The precision of the digital compass, altimeter, barometer and thermometer is only possible with the Triple Sensor technology. At the same time, the three layer sensor is 95% smaller and consumes 90% less energy than before.
Altimeter. For all those who set their sights high
The built-in altimeter uses a pressure sensor to measure the current air pressure.
The measured air pressure is then used to provide an “estimate” of the current altitude.
The electronic mechanism in the watch is pre-programmed with “ISA values” (“International Standard Atmosphere”) used to convert pressure values into altitude values.
The air pressure and temperature generally become lower as the altitude increases.
These values define the connection between altitude, air pressure and temperature.
Barometer. The barometer measures the air pressures and displays tendencies in the weather.
The higher a person goes (ascent/terrain), the lower the barometric pressure will be.
An increase in air pressure usually signifies an improvement in the weather.
A decrease in air pressure usually means that bad weather is on its way.
The air pressure is displayed with an accuracy of 1 hPa (hectopascals).
The barometer can measure and display a range from 260 hPa to 1100 hPa.
The PRO TREK digital compass shows 16 compass points. The direction of magnetic north and the bearing are calculated by the compass’s directional sensor The directional sensor consists of two rectangular coils that detect slight tensions created by the earth’s magnetic field. Depending on the position and direction, these tensions vary in intensity. There is a non-magnetic resistance between the two coils, which absorbs the subtle changes in tension. With each new position, the values that are measured by the resistance change. A microprocessor converts the measurements so that they can be displayed clearly on your watch.
Thermometer. The thermometer is used to measure the outside temperature.
The temperature is displayed with an accuracy of 0.1 °C.
The thermometer can measure and display a range from -10.0°C to 60.0°C.
The watertightness of the CASIO watches complies with DIN 8310 and ISO 22810. These standards describe the various classes of watertightness and the test procedure used to determine watertightness.
These standards apply to the general wristwatch usage. Watches with metre indications for watertightness cannot be used immediately in this water depth, however, as water resistance metre indications are merely a pictorial representation of the test pressure. A wristwatch withstands the impact of water at the static pressure specified on the watch (e.g. 10 bar) and the theoretical immersion in water to the specified depth.
Recent News about PRW-6900
- [ProTrek Review] PRT-B50-4ER – when the watch writes history from a blank slate
- [ProTrek Review] PRW-50Y-1B — Retro Tourist Watch
- [ProTrek Review] PRW-60FC-1A — black beauty with a composite band
You ask, we answer…
CASIO’s original solar-charging system converts not only sunlight but also light from fluorescent lamps and other sources into power.
It’s the electronic mechanism that “estimates” the altitude based on the air pressure.
It measures and displays direction as one of 16 points.
It measures the air pressures and displays tendencies in the weather.
Can’t find a ProTrek of your dream? There are more watches!