Official EQS-500 Series Description. Series with automotive design and analog dial. The main feature of the model is a stopwatch with good accuracy – 1/100 of a second, which is launched with the click of a button. The arrow at the 3 o’clock position got 2 ends – one shows the current clock mode, and the second is responsible for showing the day of the week. The watch is powered by a solar battery, which is charged from daylight, which means that it does not require periodic replacement. The bezel contains the city codes – this is for the function of world time. Of the additional functionality there is still an alarm clock and an automatic calendar.
EQS-500 Model Range *may be updated
Quick Content Guide
- EQS-500 Model Range *in different colors and bands
- General information about the watch *year of first release, model range etc.
- Edifice EQS-500 Display Guide *for key functions only
- Feedback from Users *anonymous from different sources
- The most distinctive specs *from our Editorial point of view
- Other Edifice EQS Watches *similar by price and functions but different by cases
- Edifice EQS-500 on the wrist! *only images and only on the wrist
- Official EQS-500 Specs *all details and for base version EQS-500DB-1A1
- Japanese approaches to Beautiful and Functional Watches in EQS-500! *the most distinctive features in details
- EQS-500 Comparison Table *with similar Edifice Watches
|Price||200$ *average Amazon Price, we may earn commission from purchases|
|Year of First Release||2012|
|Battery Type||Solar powered (Edifice Batteries)|
Edifice EQS-500 Display Guide *for key functions only. For you to know how it works))
- Hour Hand
- Second Hand
- Minute Hand
- Upper Left Dial Hand
- Lower Left Dial Hands
- Right Dial Hand: Indicates the current mode.
Using the Stopwatch
2. Second Hand: Indicates the stopwatch 1/10-second count.
5. Lower Left Dial Hands: Indicate the stopwatch minutes (short hand) and seconds (long hand)
6. Right Dial Hand: Indicates the stopwatch 1/100-second count.
Checking the Current Time in a Different Time Zone
2. Second Hand:
Indicates the currently selected World Time City.
5. Lower Left Dial Hands: Indicate the current time in the selected World Time City in 24-hour format.
6. Right Dial Hand:
Indicates the current STD (standard time) or DST (daylight saving time) setting of the currently selected time zone.
Using the Alarm
2. Second Hand:
Indicates the current alarm ON/OFF setting.
5. Lower Left Dial Hands: Indicate the current alarm time setting in 24-hour format.
6. Right Dial Hand: Points to ALM.
Feedback from Users *accumulated information from our own comments and emails, forum threads, socials, reviews, etc.
+ great wrist watch with so many features
+ sporty, causal, professional all in one
+ solar powered (never have to worry about winding it or changing the battery)
+ strap will fit all wrists
+ one of the cheapest Solar
– is not easy to set the time/date etc without manual
– info dials are small for date, world time
The most distinctive specs of EQS-500 — 5-motor Chronograph with Solar-powered Module
— 100-meter water resistance (good for swimming but not for deep diving)
— World time (current time in 29 time zones)
— Tough Solar (CASIO’s original solar-charging system converts not only sunlight but also light from fluorescent lamps and other sources into power)
— Low battery alert
— Stopwatch (Measuring capacity: 23’59.99”; Measuring modes: Elapsed time, split time)
Other Edifice EQS Watches *similar by price and functions but different by cases
These are not all Edifice EQS Series. Here is a list of All Edifice EQS Watches →
Edifice EQS-500 on the wrist!
Official Marketing Focus from Casio
This Casio Gentleman’s Watch comes with a Sturdy Rubber Strap, not only is it Solar powered but this watch comes with many more interesting features such as World time, Date display, Stopwatch, Daily Alarm and an Automatic calendar, displayed on a Black dial.
Official EQS-500 Specs / Features *for base version EQS-500DB-1A1
- Case / bezel material: Stainless steel
- Solid Band
- One-touch 3-fold Clasp
- Stainless Steel Band
- Mineral Glass
- Partial ion plated
- 100-meter water resistance
- Solar powered
- World time
29 time zones (29 cities + coordinated universal time), daylight saving on/off, Home city / World time city swapping
- 1/100-second stopwatch
Measuring capacity: 23’59.99”
Measuring modes: Elapsed time, split time
- Daily alarm
- Low battery alert
- Power Saving (Hands stop to save power when the watch is left in the dark.)
- Full auto-calendar (to year 2099)
- Date display
- Regular timekeeping
Analog: 3 hands (hour, minute (hand moves every 10 seconds), second),
3 dials (24-hour, world time hour and minutes, day)
- Accuracy: ±15 seconds per month
- Approx. battery operating time:
6 months on rechargeable battery (operation period with normal use without exposure to light after full charge)
28 months on rechargeable battery (operation period when stored in total darkness with the power save function on after full charge)
- Size of case : 50×45.8×12.3mm
- Total weight : 164g
Enjoy Japanese approaches to Beautiful and Functional Watches!
Speed & Intelligence. Technologies continue to advance, with EDIFICE leading the way. This multi-function chronograph from CASIO is actively forwarding the evolution of electronic technologies. EDIFICE combines a fusion of dynamic forms with elaborate face designs, and provides leading-edge, accompanied by uniquely original expressions produced by the movements of various hands. These features are transporting the chronograph into new realms, and unlocking the hidden possibilities they contain. EDIFICE, the watch that recognises the value of speed and time, for people who live in the moment!
EDIFICE Design. Bold, fascinating forms and fine details, combined with simple styling that brings out the essence of metal, give birth to products with clearly designed identities.
Drawing and modeling. A prototype is produced based on a sketch using CAD and a 3D printer. A bold design concept takes shape.
Bold index. An edgy, striking large index is laid out on the dial. Robust modeling with straight lines and basic tones evokes a strong presence.
Forged stainless-steel case. After forging and heat treatment of the stainless-steel material, precision machining is conducted to complete the boldly designed case form.
Polished finishing. Polish finishing by the hands of skilled craftsmen produces beautiful mirror surfaces on the forge-cast stainless-steel case.
Tough Solar. This original solar power system transforms even weak light from sources such as fluorescent lamps into ample energy to provide stable operation of various high-load functions.
Dual Dial World Time. A dial on the face of the watch always shows the current time in another zone whenever you need it. A sub-dial also indicates a.m. or p.m. at a glance. You can use the smartphone app to select from among 300 cities.
EQS-500 Comparison Table with similar Edifice Watches
Year of first Release
±20 seconds per month
±15 seconds per month
Dual time (World Time)
Case / bezel material
Solar powered CTL920
Size (mm) *we consider 48.9×42.8×13.4 to be a traditional watch size (as in DW-5600). So you are to compare how far or close the watch is to this size
Full features (if you want to know more)
Recent News about EQS-500
- [Live Photos] Edifice Solar Chronograph EQS-500DB-1 A2JF
- [Video] Edifice Advanced Technology EQS-500DB-1A2JF
- [Live Photos] Edifice Self-Charging EQS-500
Not sure about EQS-500? There are more Edifices!