Official EQS-800 Series Description. The new EQS-800 solar chronograph has enhanced charging technology that can store plenty of energy to drive the watch via the solar panel under the inset dials. This enabled the use of a carbon fiber dial—a first for a Casio solar chronograph. Carbon fiber is also employed in racing cars due to their light weight and strength. In addition to evoking motorsports by using carbon, the attractive carbon weave gives a sharp, bold look to the watch.
Quick Content Guide
- Japanese approaches to Beautiful and Functional Watches in EQS-800! *the most distinctive features in details
- General information about the watch *year of first release, model range etc.
- Edifice EQS-800 Display Guide *for key functions only
- Feedback from Users *anonymous from different sources
- EQS-800 Model Range *in different colors and bands
- The most distinctive specs *from our Editorial point of view
- Other Edifice EQS Watches *similar by price and functions but different by cases
- Official EQS-800 Video *only from Casio Company
- Edifice EQS-800 on the wrist! *only images and only on the wrist
- Official EQS-800 Specs *all details and for base version EQS-800CDB-1
- EQS-800 Comparison Table *with similar Edifice Watches
Enjoy Japanese approaches to Beautiful and Functional Watches!
Speed & Intelligence. Technologies continue to advance, with EDIFICE leading the way. This multi-function chronograph from CASIO is actively forwarding the evolution of electronic technologies. EDIFICE combines a fusion of dynamic forms with elaborate face designs, and provides leading-edge, accompanied by uniquely original expressions produced by the movements of various hands. These features are transporting the chronograph into new realms, and unlocking the hidden possibilities they contain. EDIFICE, the watch that recognises the value of speed and time, for people who live in the moment!
EDIFICE Design. Bold, fascinating forms and fine details, combined with simple styling that brings out the essence of metal, give birth to products with clearly designed identities.
Drawing and modeling. A prototype is produced based on a sketch using CAD and a 3D printer. A bold design concept takes shape.
Bold index. An edgy, striking large index is laid out on the dial. Robust modeling with straight lines and basic tones evokes a strong presence.
Forged stainless-steel case. After forging and heat treatment of the stainless-steel material, precision machining is conducted to complete the boldly designed case form.
Polished finishing. Polish finishing by the hands of skilled craftsmen produces beautiful mirror surfaces on the forge-cast stainless-steel case.
Tough Solar. This original solar power system transforms even weak light from sources such as fluorescent lamps into ample energy to provide stable operation of various high-load functions.
|Price||180$ *average Amazon Price, we may earn commission from purchases|
|Year of First Release||2020|
|Battery Type||Solar powered (Edifice Batteries)|
Edifice EQS-800 Display Guide *for key functions only. For you to know how it works))
Some water-resistant models (10BAR, 20BAR) have a screw-in crown. When you need to perform a crown operation, rotate it towards you to unscrew it. Then pull the crown out. Avoid applying undue force when pulling.
The stopwatch measures elapsed time in 1-second increments up to 29 minutes, 59 seconds.
– Do not operate the stopwatch with the crown pulled out.
Feedback from Users *accumulated information from our own comments and emails, forum threads, socials, reviews, etc.
+ good looking watch
+ fits perfectly
+ got it at a great price
+ love the tough solar feature, there is no downside to this watch
+ the carbon fiber dial with black bezel look amazing with the silver placements
– a little heavy
– leather belt is thick and hard
– stop watch only goes up to 30 mins
– misaligned seconds hand
– no light (only luminous hands, hour marking)
EQS-800 Model Range *may be updated
The most distinctive specs of EQS-800 — Carbon Fiber Dial & Solar Power
— 100-meter water resistance (good for swimming but not for deep diving)
— Tough Solar (CASIO’s original solar-charging system converts not only sunlight but also light from fluorescent lamps and other sources into power)
— Carbon fiber dial (attractive carbon gives the watch a cool, stylish look)
— Stopwatch (Measuring capacity: 29’59; Measuring modes: Elapsed time, split time, 1st-2nd place times)
— Date display (adjustable, 31 days or easy manual correction)
Official EQS-800 Video
Other Edifice EQS Watches *similar by price and functions but different by cases
These are not all Edifice EQS Series. Here is a list of All Edifice EQS Watches →
Edifice EQS-800 on the wrist!
Official EQS-800 Specs / Features *for base version EQS-800CDB-1
- Case / bezel material: Stainless steel
- One-touch 3-fold Clasp
- Stainless Steel Band
- Mineral Glass
- Screw Lock Back
- 100-meter water resistance
- Solar powered
- 1-second stopwatch
Measuring capacity: 29’59
Measuring modes: Elapsed time, split time, 1st-2nd place times
- Battery level indicator
- Date display
- Regular timekeeping
Analog: 3 hands (hour, minute, second),
3 dials (stopwatch minutes, stopwatch seconds, 24-hour)
- Accuracy: ±20 seconds per month
- Operating time from full charge until hands stop: Approx. 5 months
- Size of case : 50×47.5×12.7mm
- Total weight : 170g
EQS-800 Comparison Table with similar Edifice Watches
Year of first Release
±20 seconds per month
±15 seconds per month
Dual time (World Time)
Case / bezel material
Solar powered CTL920
Size (mm) *we consider 48.9×42.8×13.4 to be a traditional watch size (as in DW-5600). So you are to compare how far or close the watch is to this size
Full features (if you want to know more)
Recent News about EQS-800
- [Edifice Official Video] EQS-800 — Carbon fiber dial
- [Edifice Review] EQS-800HR-1A — Style mix of Honda Racing and Edifice
- [Edifice Review] EQS-900PB-1B — when stylish watches are also reliable
- [Live Photos] Edifice EQB-1000HR and EQB-1000HRS x Honda F1 Racing
- [Video] Edifice Honda Racing Limited Edition EQS-800HR
You ask, we answer…
The watch is good for swimming but not for deep diving.
CASIO’s original solar-charging system converts not only sunlight but also light from fluorescent lamps and other sources into power.
Attractive carbon gives the watch a cool, stylish look.
Measuring capacity: 29’59; Measuring modes: Elapsed time, split time, 1st-2nd place times.
Not sure about EQS-800? There are more Edifices!