The premium series of the Edifice automotive line with carbon on the dial. The carbon fiber dial backing confirms the racing essence of the EQS-900 – it is not for nothing that this material is used in tuning sports cars. Under the dial is a solar panel that receives light energy from three extra. windows and converts it into electrical impulses needed to power the battery. The ion-coated bezel does not scratch and looks stylish and expensive. The watch has a stopwatch that measures the elapsed time, lap time and time 1.2 places. The date and time in 24-hour format are displayed in separate windows.
- Price — $180 *average Amazon Price, we may earn commission from purchases
- Year of first Release — 2018
- Module Number — 5585
- Model Range — SOLAR
- Battery Type — Solar (Edifice Batteries)
EQS-900 Model Range *may be updated
Official Marketing Focus from Casio
These models are the latest solar-powered chronographs from the high performance EDIFICE lineup. The sporty designs of these motorsports concept timepieces are created using carbon fiber, an essential material for racing car applications, for their faces.
A solar-cell is used to generate electrical power from light, which is used to charge a battery. This eliminates any need to worry about the battery suddenly going dead, as long as light is available. A full charge provides enough power for about five months of operation, even if there is no exposure to light. Though a solar powered watch normally requires a transparent face to allow light to reach the solar cell, the face of the EQS-900 is made of non-transparent carbon fiber. However, CASIO original design technology makes it possible to achieve solar charging using the light that passes through the three small dials of the watch face.
Official EQS-900 Specs / Features *for base version EQS-900DB-1AV
- Case / bezel material: Stainless steel
- One-touch 3-fold Clasp
- Stainless Steel Band
- Mineral Glass
- Screw Lock Back
- 100-meter water resistance
- Solar powered
- 1-second stopwatch
Measuring capacity: 29’59
Measuring modes: Elapsed time, 1st-2nd place times
- Battery level indicator
- Date display
- Regular timekeeping
Analog: 3 hands (hour, minute, second),
3 dials (24-hour, stopwatch minutes, stopwatch seconds)
- Accuracy: ±20 seconds per month
- Operating time from full charge until hands stop: Approx. 5 months
- Size of case : 51.5×47.6×12mm
- Total weight : 156g
Recent News about EQS-900
- [Live Photos] Drive The Edifice EQS-900DB-1AV — Part 47
- [Live Photos] Drive The Edifice EQS-900CL-1AV — Part 46
- [Live Photos] Drive The Edifice EQS-900DB-1A — Part 44
- [Official] Edifice EQS-900TMS-1A Racing Team Collaboration Model
- [Official] Edifice EQS-900DB-1AV — Motorsports-Inspired watch with Carbon Fiber Dial
You ask, we answer…
CASIO’s original solar-charging system converts not only sunlight but also light from fluorescent lamps and other sources into power.
Attractive carbon gives the watch a cool, stylish look.
Measuring capacity: 29’59; Measuring modes: Elapsed time, 1st-2nd place times.