Official EQS-900 Series Description. The premium series of the Edifice automotive line with carbon on the dial. The carbon fiber dial backing confirms the racing essence of the EQS-900 – it is not for nothing that this material is used in tuning sports cars. Under the dial is a solar panel that receives light energy from three extra. windows and converts it into electrical impulses needed to power the battery. The ion-coated bezel does not scratch and looks stylish and expensive. The watch has a stopwatch that measures the elapsed time, lap time and time 1.2 places. The date and time in 24-hour format are displayed in separate windows.
EQS-900 Model Range *may be updated
Quick Content Guide
- EQS-900 Model Range *in different colors and bands
- General information about the watch *year of first release, model range etc.
- Edifice EQS-900 Display Guide *for key functions only
- Feedback from Users *anonymous from different sources
- The most distinctive specs *from our Editorial point of view
- Other Edifice EQS Watches *similar by price and functions but different by cases
- Edifice EQS-900 on the wrist! *only images and only on the wrist
- Edifice EQS-900 Watch Review *our detailed review of the watch
- Official EQS-900 Specs *all details and for base version EQS-900DB-1A
- Japanese approaches to Beautiful and Functional Watches in EQS-900! *the most distinctive features in details
- EQS-900 Comparison Table *with similar Edifice Watches
|Price||$180 *average Amazon Price, we may earn commission from purchases|
|Year of First Release||2018|
|Battery Type||Solar powered (Edifice Batteries)|
Edifice EQS-900 Display Guide *for key functions only. For you to know how it works))
Some water-resistant models (10BAR, 20BAR) have a screw-in crown. When you need to perform a crown operation, rotate it towards you to unscrew it. Then pull the crown out. Avoid applying undue force when pulling.
The stopwatch measures elapsed time in 1-second increments up to 29 minutes, 59 seconds.
– Do not operate the stopwatch with the crown pulled out.
Using the Stopwatch
- Pull the Crown out to click 2.
- Use (A) (clockwise) and (B) (counterclockwise) to move the Stopwatch Second Hand and Stopwatch Minute Hand to 12 o’clock.
- After all of the hands are the way you want, push the Crown back in.
Feedback from Users *accumulated information from our own comments and emails, forum threads, socials, reviews, etc.
+ amazing quality for the price
+ the carbon dial and applied indices give the face a lot of depth
+ solar powered means it will run for years without any battery changes
+ the chronometer function
+ its classic and easy to use
– It reflects a lot of light which can make it difficult to read in certain situations though
– the metal bracelet is nicely finished but feels a little thin and cheap
– 12 clock dots low readability in the night
The most distinctive specs of EQS-900 — Motorsports Concept & Solar Power
— 100-meter water resistance (good for swimming but not for deep diving)
— Tough Solar (CASIO’s original solar-charging system converts not only sunlight but also light from fluorescent lamps and other sources into power)
— Carbon fiber dial (attractive carbon gives the watch a cool, stylish look)
— Stopwatch (Measuring capacity: 29’59; Measuring modes: Elapsed time, 1st-2nd place times)
— Date display (adjustable, 31 days or easy manual correction)
Other Edifice EQS Watches *similar by price and functions but different by cases
These are not all Edifice EQS Series. Here is a list of All Edifice EQS Watches →
Edifice EQS-900 on the wrist!
Enjoy our Edifice EQS-900 Watch Review
Let’s return to the EQS-900PB-1B, namely to the functional part. I can’t but focus on the possibility of recharging the watch’s battery from the sun, because in a watch with a carbon dial it was once impossible to do at all. The fact is that carbon fiber does not transmit light, which means that the battery will not be able to power normally. But, starting with the EQS-800 series, the Japanese solved this problem with a new, improved technology for using the solar panel. Read Full Review →
Official Marketing Focus from Casio
These models are the latest solar-powered chronographs from the high performance EDIFICE lineup. The sporty designs of these motorsports concept timepieces are created using carbon fiber, an essential material for racing car applications, for their faces.
A solar-cell is used to generate electrical power from light, which is used to charge a battery. This eliminates any need to worry about the battery suddenly going dead, as long as light is available. A full charge provides enough power for about five months of operation, even if there is no exposure to light. Though a solar powered watch normally requires a transparent face to allow light to reach the solar cell, the face of the EQS-900 is made of non-transparent carbon fiber. However, CASIO original design technology makes it possible to achieve solar charging using the light that passes through the three small dials of the watch face.
Official EQS-900 Specs / Features *for base version EQS-900DB-1A
- Case / bezel material: Stainless steel
- One-touch 3-fold Clasp
- Stainless Steel Band
- Mineral Glass
- Screw Lock Back
- 100-meter water resistance
- Solar powered
- 1-second stopwatch
Measuring capacity: 29’59
Measuring modes: Elapsed time, 1st-2nd place times
- Battery level indicator
- Date display
- Regular timekeeping
Analog: 3 hands (hour, minute, second),
3 dials (24-hour, stopwatch minutes, stopwatch seconds)
- Accuracy: ±20 seconds per month
- Operating time from full charge until hands stop: Approx. 5 months
- Size of case : 51.5×47.6×12mm
- Total weight : 156g
Enjoy Japanese approaches to Beautiful and Functional Watches!
Speed & Intelligence. Technologies continue to advance, with EDIFICE leading the way. This multi-function chronograph from CASIO is actively forwarding the evolution of electronic technologies. EDIFICE combines a fusion of dynamic forms with elaborate face designs, and provides leading-edge, accompanied by uniquely original expressions produced by the movements of various hands. These features are transporting the chronograph into new realms, and unlocking the hidden possibilities they contain. EDIFICE, the watch that recognises the value of speed and time, for people who live in the moment!
EDIFICE Design. Bold, fascinating forms and fine details, combined with simple styling that brings out the essence of metal, give birth to products with clearly designed identities.
Drawing and modeling. A prototype is produced based on a sketch using CAD and a 3D printer. A bold design concept takes shape.
Bold index. An edgy, striking large index is laid out on the dial. Robust modeling with straight lines and basic tones evokes a strong presence.
Forged stainless-steel case. After forging and heat treatment of the stainless-steel material, precision machining is conducted to complete the boldly designed case form.
Polished finishing. Polish finishing by the hands of skilled craftsmen produces beautiful mirror surfaces on the forge-cast stainless-steel case.
Tough Solar. This original solar power system transforms even weak light from sources such as fluorescent lamps into ample energy to provide stable operation of various high-load functions.
EQS-900 Comparison Table with similar Edifice Watches
Year of first Release
±20 seconds per month
±20 seconds per month
Bluetooth (via phone app)
Edifice Connected App
Measuring unit: 1/10 second
Dual time (World Time)
Neobrite and Double LED light (Auto LED light, Super illuminator)
Case / bezel material
Solar powered TS920E
Solar powered TS920E
Solar powered CTL1616
Size (mm) *we consider 48.9×42.8×13.4 to be a traditional watch size (as in DW-5600). So you are to compare how far or close the watch is to this size
Full features (if you want to know more)
Recent News about EQS-900
- [Edifice Review] EQS-900PB-1B — when stylish watches are also reliable
- [Live Photos] Drive The Edifice EQS-900DB-1AV — Part 47
- [Live Photos] Drive The Edifice EQS-900CL-1AV — Part 46
- [Live Photos] Drive The Edifice EQS-900DB-1A — Part 44
- [Official] Edifice EQS-900TMS-1A Racing Team Collaboration Model
You ask, we answer…
CASIO’s original solar-charging system converts not only sunlight but also light from fluorescent lamps and other sources into power.
Attractive carbon gives the watch a cool, stylish look.
Measuring capacity: 29’59; Measuring modes: Elapsed time, 1st-2nd place times.
Not sure about EQS-900? There are more Edifices!