GW-9500 Model Range *may be updated
Quick Content Guide
- GW-9400 Model Range *in different colors and bands
- Japanese Unique Features in GW-9500 *the most distinctive features in details
- General information about the watch *year of first release, model range etc.
- G-Shock GW-9500 Display Guide *for key functions only
- G-Shock GW-9500 on the wrist *only images and only on the wrist
- GW-9500 Usage Patterns *what the watch is usually meant for
- Official GW-9500 Specs *all details and for base version GW-9500-1
- G-Shock GW-9500 PROs & CONs *by experts with 10 years experience
- Recent News about GW-9500 *the latest breaking news and videos
Enjoy Japanese Unique Features in GW-9500!
Tough design to stand up to demanding use: Inspired by professional gear.
Inspired by professional gear built to perform in the harshest conditions, the solid, rugged design delivers strength, slimness, and ease of use. Reduced bezel height is achieved by cutting the glass and employing a new glass adhesion method, while the Carbon Core Guard structure ensures high rigidity to realise a slimmer, more compact form. Even while incorporating Triple Sensor technology and a dual-layer LCD, the case measures just 14.8 mm slim. The multi-component protector and independent front button give the watch a sense of presence with an even greater look of toughness.
Duplex LCD: Delivering improved compass readability.
As a tool useful in survival situations, the utility of the digital compass has been enhanced. The dual-layer LCD allows compass graphics to be shown on the top layer, while the bottom layer offers a large display of the time and various measurements. The LCD has also been made slimmer to minimise bulk, even while being dual-layer. The use of a negative LCD with a dual-layer construction is a first for the G-SHOCK, as well.
Mud-resistant construction: Supporting activities in harsh conditions.
The front button and three direct sensor buttons are protected by cylindrical stainless-steel parts and feature large, easy-to-operate forms designed to keep mud and water out. The button shafts are also equipped with gasket fittings to prevent contamination with mud and dust.
The case, bezel, and soft urethane band are made with bio-based resins. Produced using renewable organic resources such as castor oil plants and corn, this material is expected to help reduce environmental impact.
Triple Sensor (digital compass, barometer/altimeter, and thermometer) senses natural changes.
Multiband 6 radio-controlled solar watch for accurate timekeeping.
Super Illuminator (high-brightness full auto LED backlight) for maintaining watch readability in the dark
*average Amazon Price, we may earn commission from purchases
|Year of first Release||2023|
|Suitable for Wrist Size||145 – 215 mm|
|Module Number||3553 / Manual|
|Battery Type||CTL1616 (G-Shock Batteries)|
|Other Divisions the GW-9500 belongs to: *you may find all watches of the division by clicking on the link||G-Shock Digital|
G-Shock Carbon Core Guard
G-Shock for Military
G-Shock GW-9500 Display Guide *for key functions only. For you to know how it works))
Pressing this button in the Timekeeping Mode enters the Altimeter Mode.
Pressing this button in the Timekeeping Mode enters the Barometer/Temperature Mode.
Pressing this button in the Timekeeping Mode enters the Compass Mode.
Each press cycles between watch modes. In any mode, hold down this button for at least two seconds to return to the Timekeeping Mode.
Pressing this button in the Timekeeping Mode cycles between displays.
Press to turn on illumination.
- Enter the Compass Mode.
- Keeping the watch horizontal, point 12 o’clock in the direction of your desired objective.
The digital display shows one of 16 literal direction indications and the bearing angle.
Interpreting Bearing Readings
Directions: N (North), E (East), W (West), S (South)
The graphic direction pointer indicates north, south, east, and west. The graphic direction pointer indicating north consists of three lines.
- Enter the Altimeter Mode. You can select either of two Altimeter Mode screens.
Entering the Altimeter Mode will start altitude measurement and display the altitude at your current location.
- The watch takes altitude readings every second for about the first three minutes. After that, it takes readings according to the watch’s auto measurement interval setting.
G-SHOCK GW-9500 On the wrist!
GW-9500 Usage Patterns *what the watch is usually meant for
What we like in GW-9500 *comments by experts with 10 years experience in writing about Casio watches
— Mud-resistant construction (The front button and three direct sensor buttons are protected by cylindrical stainless-steel parts and feature large, easy-to-operate forms designed to keep mud and water out. The button shafts are also equipped with gasket fittings to prevent contamination with mud and dust.)
— Duplex LCD (The dual-layer LCD allows compass graphics to be shown on the top layer, while the bottom layer offers a large display of the time and various measurements.)
— Triple Sensor Measurements (keep you updated with direction, altitude, barometric pressure, and temperature readings)
— Digital compass (measures and displays direction as one of 16 points)
— Thermometer (can measure and display the outside temperature in a range from -10 C to 60 C)
— Barometer (measures the air pressures and displays tendencies in the weather)
— Altimeter (The electronic mechanism “estimates” the altitude based on the air pressure)
— Solar-powered (CASIO’s original solar-charging system converts not only sunlight but also light from fluorescent lamps and other sources into power)
— Radio-controlled Watch; Multi band 6 (additional way for time sync. This watch receives time calibration radio signals that keep the displayed time accurate)
— Carbon Core Guard Structure (protects the module with a carbon case. Highly durable carbon fiber-reinforced resin is added not only to the center case, but also to the front and side button guards, providing even stronger resistance to shocks from above or below, or from any side)
— Biomass plastics in the case and band (the environmentally friendly biomass plastics are produced using materials derived from castor seeds and corn, as well as other raw materials)
— Sunrise, sunset time display (Sunrise time and sunset time for specific date, daylight pointers. Good if you want to know to stop after durable hiking or smth of the kind)
— 200-meter water resistance (good for swimming but not for deep diving)
Official Casio Description.
Conquer even more terrain with enhanced support — A rugged timepiece in a bold, powerful, triple-sensor design.
The G-SHOCK Master of G line of watches developed for professionals working in the harshest environments introduces the triple-sensor MUDMAN with mud-resist construction. The large, easy to operate front button and three direct sensor buttons on the side are shaped to drain mud and water and are protected by cylinder-shaped stainless steel components. The button shafts are equipped with gasket fittings to keep mud and dust out, as well, so you’re ready to take on the toughest of terrains.
The bold design features a dual-layer LCD, as well as the Triple Sensor to deliver altitude, direction, temperature and barometric pressure readings directly to your wrist. The thin module and Carbon Core Guard structure mean all these features live in a slimmer, more compact watch, for tough and rugged support with a comfortable fit.
Slim, yet powerful, this MUDMAN design packs full-on functionality in a striking exterior built with an intricate combination of components. The digital compass is more practical than ever thanks to the dual-layer LCD, which displays compass graphics on the top layer and time and other readings on the layer below. The GW-9500-3 and GW-9500-1A4 feature a negative dual-layer LCD. Taking utility to a whole new level, radio-controlled solar power delivers precision timekeeping powered by light, while Super Illuminator ensures visibility, even in dark places.
The case, bezel and urethane band are made with bio-based resins derived from renewable organic resources. The case back is engraved with the iconic MUDMAN mole character holding a compass.
G-SHOCK MUDMAN/MUDMASTER Evolution Timeline
G-SHOCK 35th Anniversary Mudmaster Watch
Official GW-9500 Specs / Features *for base version GW-9500-1
- Case size (L× W× H): 56.7 × 52.7 × 14.8 mm
- Weight: 81 g
- Case / bezel material: Bio-based resin
- Band: Bio-based resin band
- Shock Resistant
- Mud Resistant
- Carbon Core Guard structure
- 200-meter water resistance
- Tough Solar (Solar powered)
- Digital compass
Measures and displays direction as one of 16 points
Measuring range: 0 to 359°
Measuring unit: 1°
60 seconds continuous measurement
Graphic direction pointer
Magnetic declination correction
Measuring range: -700 to 10,000 m (-2,300 to 32,800 ft.)
Measuring unit: 1 m (5 ft.)
Manual memory measurements (up to 30 records, each including altitude, date, time)
Auto log data (High/low altitudes, auto cumulative ascent and descent)
Trek log data (up to 14 records of high/low altitudes, auto cumulative ascent and descent of particular treks)
Others: Relative altitude readings (-3,000 to 3,000 m),
Selectable measurement interval: 5 seconds or 2 minutes
*1 second for first 3 minutes only
*Changeover between meters (m) and feet (ft)
Display range: 260 to 1,100 hPa (7.65 to 32.45 inHg)
Display unit: 1 hPa (0.05 inHg)
Atmospheric pressure tendency graph (Past 42 hours of readings)
Atmospheric pressure differential graphic
Barometric pressure tendency information alarm (beep and arrow indicate significant changes in pressure)
*Changeover between hPa and inHg
Display range: -10 to 60℃ (14 to 140℉)
Display unit: 0.1℃ (0.2℉)
*Changeover between Celsius (℃) and Fahrenheit (℉)
- Mineral Glass
- Compatible band size: 145 to 215 mm
- World time
31 time zones (48 cities + coordinated universal time), daylight saving on/off
- Sunrise, sunset time display
Sunrise time and sunset time for specific date
- 1/10-second stopwatch
Measuring capacity: 999:59’59.9”
Measuring modes: Elapsed time, split time, 1st-2nd place times
- Countdown timer
Measuring unit: 1 second
Countdown start time setting range: 24 hours
Countdown start time setting range: 1 minute to 24 hours (1- minute increments and 1-hour increments)
- 5 daily alarms (with 1 snooze alarm)
- Hourly time signal
- LED backlight (Super Illuminator) Full auto LED light, selectable illumination duration (1.5 seconds or 3 seconds), afterglow
- Full auto-calendar (to year 2099)
- Button operation tone on/off
- Power Saving (Turns off the display when the watch is left in the dark)
- Battery level indicator
- Approx. battery operating time: 6 months on rechargeable battery (operation period with normal use without exposure to light after full charge) 26 months on rechargeable battery (operation period when stored in total darkness with the power save function on after full charge)
- Accuracy: ±15 seconds per month (with no signal calibration)
- 12/24-hour format
- Regular timekeeping: Hour, minute, second, pm, month, date, day
- Duplex LC display
- Time calibration signal reception Auto receive up to six* times a day (remaining auto receives canceled as soon as one is successful) *5 times a day for the Chinese calibration signal Manual receive The latest signal reception results
- Time Calibration Signals Station name: DCF77 (Mainflingen, Germany) Frequency: 77.5 kHz Station name: MSF (Anthorn, England) Frequency: 60.0 kHz Station name: WWVB (Fort Collins, United States) Frequency: 60.0 kHz Station name: JJY (Fukushima, Fukuoka/Saga, Japan) Frequency: 40.0 kHz (Fukushima) / 60.0 kHz (Fukuoka/Saga) Station name: BPC (Shangqiu City, Henan Province, China) Frequency: 68.5 kHz
G-SHOCK GW-9500 PROs & CONs
Will be soon…
Recent News about GW-9500
- [G-SHOCK Review] GW-9500-1 — a new alternative to PRO TREK?
- [G-SHOCK 2023] GW-9500 — Made By Professionals, For Professionals
- [G-SHOCK 2023] GW-9500 — Challenging the Extreme Conditions
- [G-SHOCK 2023] GW-9500 and Excellent Outdoor Performance
- [G-SHOCK 2023] GW-9500 — Made for Tough Adventures
Not sure about GW-9500? There are more G-Shocks!