The digital ProTrek series with a large and informative display. The main feature of the dial is its “two-layer”, one layer shows the result of the compass, and the second is responsible for everything else. Several blocks of information are simultaneously placed on the screen – all the necessary data is nearby and at the same time. On a rotating bezel, intermediate marks of the cardinal points are applied – for more accurate positioning using a digital compass. To determine the air temperature and its pressure in the watch, a triple sensor is provided. The tide chart and moon phase data are very useful information for backpackers. Electroluminescent backlight – evenly illuminates the entire dial. A solar battery is responsible for powering the PRW-2500, which does not need to be replaced every 2-3 years. Time is synchronized automatically by a signal from the radio towers.
- Price — 200$ *average Amazon Price, we may earn commission from purchases
- Year of first Release — 2011
- Module Number — 3258
- Model Range — RADIO-CONTROLLED
- Other Divisions the PRW-2500 belongs to: *you may find all watches of the division by clicking on the link
- Battery Type — Solar (ProTrek Batteries)
PRW-2500 Model Range *may be updated
Official Marketing Focus from Casio
Introducing the new Pro Trek PRW2500, a high performance tool developed under the supervision of meteorologists to take on challenging environments. Like all triple sensor Pro Trek models, the PRW2500 features easy-one-tough operation of its Altimeter/Barometer, Compass and Thermometer. A reconfigured duplex LCD layout provides optimal upper & lower LCD layout for information at-a-glance when you’re on the go. In addition to numerical and trend graph data, unique arrow icons help to indicate characteristic barometric pressure patterns. 200 meter water resistance has also been employed to ensure strong water resistance for river trekking & rafting where one would encounter strong water pressure. The addition of tide & moon graph/data provides convenient information for sea kayaking and fishing. Titanium band digital watch with black face.
Official PRW-2500 Specs / Features *for base version PRW-2500T-7
- Multi-Band Atomic Timekeeping (US, UK, Germany, Japan, China Receives time calibration radio signals which keep the displayed time accurate Auto receive function (up to 6 times per day) Manual receive function Signal: US WWVB, UK MSF, Germany DCF77, Japan JJY40/JJY60, China BPC Frequency: US 60kHz, UK 60kHz, Germany 77.5kHz, Japan 40/60kHz, China BPC 68.5kHz
- Tough Solar Power
- 200M Water Resistant
- Duplex LC Display
- Tide Graph (tide level for specific date and time)
- Moon Data (moon age of the specific date and moon phase graph)
- Digital Compass Measures and displays direction as one of 16 points Measuring range: 0 to 359 degrees Measuring unit: 1 degree 20 seconds continuous measurement Graphic direction pointer Bidirectional calibration and northerly calibration function Magnetic declination correction Bearing memory
- Altimeter Measuring range: -700 to 10,000 m (-2,300 to 32,800 ft) Measuring unit: 5 m (20ft) Manual memory measurements (up to 14 records, each including altitude, date, time) High altitude / Low altitude memory Total Ascent / Descent memory Others: Reference altitude setting, Altitude differential
- Barometer Display range: 260 to 1,100 hPa (7.65 to 32.45 inHg) Display unit: 1 hPa (0.05 inHg) Atmospheric pressure tendency graph Atmospheric pressure differential graphic Barometric change indicator
- Thermometer Display range: -10 to 60 C (14 to 140 F) Display unit: 0.1 C (0.2 F) Low Temperature Resistant (-10 C / 14 F)
- Full Auto EL Backlight with Afterglow
- 5 Independent Daily alarms
- Hourly time signal
- World Time 31 times zones (48 cities + UTC), city code display, daylight saving on/off
- 1/100 second stopwatch Measuring capacity: 23:59’59.99″ Measuring modes: Elapsed time, split time, 1st-2nd place times
- Countdown Timer Measuring unit: 1 second Countdown range: 1 minute to 60 minutess, (1-minute increments) Reset time: 1 to 5 minutes (1-minute increments) Others: Time-up alarm, progress beeper
- Battery level indicator
- Power saving function
- Full auto-calendar (pre-programmed until the year 2099)
- 12/24 hour formats
- Button operation tone on/off
- Accuracy: +/- 15 seconds per month (with no signal calibration)
- Storage Battery: Solar rechargeable battery
- Approx. battery life: 5 months on full charge (without further exposure to light) 23 months on full charge with Power Saving Function (without further exposure to light)
- Module: 3258
Recent News about PRW-2500
- [Casio on TV] Josh Holloway is wearing Protrek PRW-2500
- [Live Photos] ProTrek High-Performance PRW-2500
- [Live Photos] ProTrek PRW-2500 For All Purposes
- [Video] ProTrek PRW-2500-1BJF Two-layer Crystal
You ask, we answer…
CASIO’s original solar-charging system converts not only sunlight but also light from fluorescent lamps and other sources into power.
It’s the electronic mechanism that “estimates” the altitude based on the air pressure.
It measures and displays direction as one of 16 points.
It measures the air pressures and displays tendencies in the weather.