Detailed PRW-2500 technical specs are here →
PRW-2500 Model Range *may be updated
*Want to be the first to know about new ProTrek Updates? Here we store all recent Monthly ProTrek Updates →
Quick Content Guide
- PRW-2500 Model Range *in different colors and bands
- General information about the watch *year of first release, model range etc.
- Enjoy Japanese Unique Features in PRW-2500! *key features of PRW-2500 series
- ProTrek PRW-2500 on the wrist *only images and only on the wrist
- The most distinctive specs *from our Editorial point of view
- Other ProTrek PRW Watches *similar by price and functions but different by cases
- Official PRW-2500 Specs *all details and for base version PRW-2500T-7
- PRW-2500 Comparison Table *with similar ProTrek Watches
- Recent News about PRW-2500 *the latest breaking news and videos
|Price||200$ *average Amazon Price, we may earn commission from purchases|
|Year of First Release||2011|
|Battery Type||Solar (ProTrek Batteries)|
Official Description from Casio. Introducing the new Pro Trek PRW2500, a high performance tool developed under the supervision of meteorologists to take on challenging environments. Like all triple sensor Pro Trek models, the PRW2500 features easy-one-tough operation of its Altimeter/Barometer, Compass and Thermometer. A reconfigured duplex LCD layout provides optimal upper & lower LCD layout for information at-a-glance when you’re on the go. In addition to numerical and trend graph data, unique arrow icons help to indicate characteristic barometric pressure patterns. 200 meter water resistance has also been employed to ensure strong water resistance for river trekking & rafting where one would encounter strong water pressure. The addition of tide & moon graph/data provides convenient information for sea kayaking and fishing. Titanium band digital watch with black face.
ProTrek PRW-2500 on the wrist!
Feedback from users *accumulated information from our own comments and emails, forum threads, socials, reviews, etc.
+ beautiful outdoors watch
+ the Duplex screen is of course incredible
+ for one who lives near the Ocean and like ocean activities like boating, surfing, fishing, etc
+ helps predict what kind of day on the water it will be
+ relieved by its durability and water resistance
– uncomfortable for slender wrists
– not accurate Moon phase function
– the tide thing too found to be pretty gimmicky
– no sunset/sunrise feature
The most distinctive specs of PRW-2500 *Editorial
— 200-meter water resistance (good for swimming but not for deep diving)
— Low temperature resistant (stable operation of the watch is guaranteed even at a temperature of -20°C)
— Radio-controlled Watch; Multi band 6 (additional way for time sync. This watch receives time calibration radio signals that keep the displayed time accurate)
— Tough Solar (CASIO’s original solar-charging system converts not only sunlight but also light from fluorescent lamps and other sources into power)
— Digital compass (measures and displays direction as one of 16 points)
— Thermometer (can measure and display the outside temperature in a range from -10 C to 60 C)
— Barometer (measures the air pressures and displays tendencies in the weather)
— Altimeter (The electronic mechanism “estimates” the altitude based on the air pressure)
— Moon Data (The moon phase indicator shows the current moon phase based to the earth)
— Tide indicator (Once the high tide time has been entered for a selected location, the watch can display the low and high tide phases at this location on any given date)
— Direction Bezel (This bezel can be used to determine approximate directions)
— Yacht Timer (The perfect prerequisite to every regatta and yacht race: The countdown start time can be set within a period of 1 to 10 minutes, usually 5 minutes. An audible signal sounds once after every elapsed minute. For the last ten seconds before the start, the signal sounds every second)
— Duplex LCD (Giving you a constant overview: Elements on the display are distinguished from one another using colour. This is achieved using different coloured layers placed on top of one another, allowing information to be displayed more clearly)
Other ProTrek PRW Watches *similar by price and functions but different by cases
These are not all ProTrek PRW Series. Here is a list of All ProTrek PRW Watches →
PRW-2500 Comparison Table with similar ProTrek Watches
Year of first Release
±15 seconds per month
Radio-controlled (via atomic watch signals)
±15 seconds per month
STN LCD (more distinct and bigger digits)
Cross-Frame Structure (disperses impacts, reinforcing the case’s)
Moon Data (good for fishing and tides)
Full auto LED light, LED backlight (Super Illuminator)
Full Auto EL Backlight with Afterglow
Full auto EL light, Electro-luminescent backlight
Case / bezel material
Resin / Stainless steel
Size (mm) *we consider 48.9×42.8×13.4 to be a traditional watch size (as in DW-5600). So you are to compare how far or close the watch is to this size
Full features (if you want to know more)
Official PRW-2500 Specs / Features *for base version PRW-2500T-7
- Multi-Band Atomic Timekeeping (US, UK, Germany, Japan, China Receives time calibration radio signals which keep the displayed time accurate Auto receive function (up to 6 times per day) Manual receive function Signal: US WWVB, UK MSF, Germany DCF77, Japan JJY40/JJY60, China BPC Frequency: US 60kHz, UK 60kHz, Germany 77.5kHz, Japan 40/60kHz, China BPC 68.5kHz
- Tough Solar Power
- 200M Water Resistant
- Duplex LC Display
- Tide Graph (tide level for specific date and time)
- Moon Data (moon age of the specific date and moon phase graph)
- Digital Compass Measures and displays direction as one of 16 points Measuring range: 0 to 359 degrees Measuring unit: 1 degree 20 seconds continuous measurement Graphic direction pointer Bidirectional calibration and northerly calibration function Magnetic declination correction Bearing memory
- Altimeter Measuring range: -700 to 10,000 m (-2,300 to 32,800 ft) Measuring unit: 5 m (20ft) Manual memory measurements (up to 14 records, each including altitude, date, time) High altitude / Low altitude memory Total Ascent / Descent memory Others: Reference altitude setting, Altitude differential
- Barometer Display range: 260 to 1,100 hPa (7.65 to 32.45 inHg) Display unit: 1 hPa (0.05 inHg) Atmospheric pressure tendency graph Atmospheric pressure differential graphic Barometric change indicator
- Thermometer Display range: -10 to 60 C (14 to 140 F) Display unit: 0.1 C (0.2 F) Low Temperature Resistant (-10 C / 14 F)
- Full Auto EL Backlight with Afterglow
- 5 Independent Daily alarms
- Hourly time signal
- World Time 31 times zones (48 cities + UTC), city code display, daylight saving on/off
- 1/100 second stopwatch Measuring capacity: 23:59’59.99″ Measuring modes: Elapsed time, split time, 1st-2nd place times
- Countdown Timer Measuring unit: 1 second Countdown range: 1 minute to 60 minutess, (1-minute increments) Reset time: 1 to 5 minutes (1-minute increments) Others: Time-up alarm, progress beeper
- Battery level indicator
- Power saving function
- Full auto-calendar (pre-programmed until the year 2099)
- 12/24 hour formats
- Button operation tone on/off
- Accuracy: +/- 15 seconds per month (with no signal calibration)
- Storage Battery: Solar rechargeable battery
- Approx. battery life: 5 months on full charge (without further exposure to light) 23 months on full charge with Power Saving Function (without further exposure to light)
- Module: 3258
- Size: 56.3×50.6×15 mm
- Weight: 80 g
Enjoy Japanese approaches to Travel and Functional ProTrek Watches!
Every adventure needs a reliable partner. PRO TREK is exactly the kind of watch that you need to meet the demands of your interests. PRO TREK is equipped with functions such as solar power operation, a digital compass, an altimeter, a barometer and a thermometer. The combination of innovative technology, a robust precision movement and state-of-the-art design makes the PRO TREK the perfect companion for all adventures under the open sky. Mountain or valley? Forest or meadow? River or lake? No matter what awaits you, you will be well-prepared to make any rough terrain your own thanks to the PRO TREK.
Experience for yourself how PRO TREK opens up new horizons while always pointing you in the right direction!
Tough Solar. The CASIO Tough Solar System is now so advanced that even the weakest light sources are sufficient to operate the watches. The solar cells are so small and inconspicuous that they can be integrated easily into every watch face design.
An accumulator in solar watches saves “superfluous” energy and releases it when the watch is in darkness. The accumulator is charged automatically and does not require manual activation.
RADIO WATCH TECHNOLOGY.
The advantages of radio-controlled watches are obvious: Once they have been set to the relevant time zone, they always display the exact local time. All CASIO radio watches receive signals almost anywhere in Europe. Some models even receive signals in North America, parts of Canada and Mexico (the radio tower in Fort Collins sends signals for a radius of up to 3200 km) and even in Japan or China. In Europe, the change from summer to winter time is also completely automatic.
Triple Sensor. PRO TREK watches are equipped with the latest Triple Sensor, version 3 technology, making them even more accurate than before. Three highly sensitive, extremely small sensors measure with absolute precision and instantly display changes in your environment. The precision of the digital compass, altimeter, barometer and thermometer is only possible with the Triple Sensor technology. At the same time, the three layer sensor is 95% smaller and consumes 90% less energy than before.
Altimeter. For all those who set their sights high
The built-in altimeter uses a pressure sensor to measure the current air pressure.
The measured air pressure is then used to provide an “estimate” of the current altitude.
The electronic mechanism in the watch is pre-programmed with “ISA values” (“International Standard Atmosphere”) used to convert pressure values into altitude values.
The air pressure and temperature generally become lower as the altitude increases.
These values define the connection between altitude, air pressure and temperature.
Barometer. The barometer measures the air pressures and displays tendencies in the weather.
The higher a person goes (ascent/terrain), the lower the barometric pressure will be.
An increase in air pressure usually signifies an improvement in the weather.
A decrease in air pressure usually means that bad weather is on its way.
The air pressure is displayed with an accuracy of 1 hPa (hectopascals).
The barometer can measure and display a range from 260 hPa to 1100 hPa.
The PRO TREK digital compass shows 16 compass points. The direction of magnetic north and the bearing are calculated by the compass’s directional sensor The directional sensor consists of two rectangular coils that detect slight tensions created by the earth’s magnetic field. Depending on the position and direction, these tensions vary in intensity. There is a non-magnetic resistance between the two coils, which absorbs the subtle changes in tension. With each new position, the values that are measured by the resistance change. A microprocessor converts the measurements so that they can be displayed clearly on your watch.
Thermometer. The thermometer is used to measure the outside temperature.
The temperature is displayed with an accuracy of 0.1 °C.
The thermometer can measure and display a range from -10.0°C to 60.0°C.
MOON PHASE DISPLAY.
The moon moves through a regular 29.53 day cycle, during which it appears to become either smaller or larger due to the relative position between the earth, moon and sun. The larger the angle distance between the moon and the sun*, the more of the moon we see illuminated.n Europe, the change from summer to winter time is also completely automatic.
TIDE GRAPH DISPLAY.
The tides refer to the periodic rise and fall of water in oceans, seas, bays and other bodies of water. This is caused mainly by the gravitation between earth, the moon and the sun. The tides rise and fall approximately every six hours.
Always be aware of the tidal patterns.
The watch can show the low and high tide phases for any given location or date. This can be quite useful, for example if you want to know the patterns of the tides at your destination in advance.
Ideal Preparation for Regattas or Yacht Races
The yacht timer helps you to prepare for the start of a regatta or yacht race. Unlike racing or sprinting, for example, it is not possible to reach maximum speed on command in a yacht race. Therefore, the boats used in yacht races allow 5 or 10 minutes extra time to “get going” or pick up speed.
The watertightness of the CASIO watches complies with DIN 8310 and ISO 22810. These standards describe the various classes of watertightness and the test procedure used to determine watertightness.
These standards apply to the general wristwatch usage. Watches with metre indications for watertightness cannot be used immediately in this water depth, however, as water resistance metre indications are merely a pictorial representation of the test pressure. A wristwatch withstands the impact of water at the static pressure specified on the watch (e.g. 10 bar) and the theoretical immersion in water to the specified depth.
Recent News about PRW-2500
- [Casio on TV] Josh Holloway is wearing Protrek PRW-2500
- [Live Photos] ProTrek High-Performance PRW-2500
- [Live Photos] ProTrek PRW-2500 For All Purposes
- [Video] ProTrek PRW-2500-1BJF Two-layer Crystal
- [PROTREK Review] PRW-6900YL-5 is an insanely beautiful watch
- [ProTrek Review] PRT-B50-4ER – when the watch writes history from a blank slate
- [ProTrek Review] PRW-50Y-1B — Retro Tourist Watch
You ask, we answer…
CASIO’s original solar-charging system converts not only sunlight but also light from fluorescent lamps and other sources into power.
It’s the electronic mechanism that “estimates” the altitude based on the air pressure.
It measures and displays direction as one of 16 points.
It measures the air pressures and displays tendencies in the weather.
Can’t find a ProTrek of your dream? There are more watches!