- Price — may be available *average Amazon Price, we may earn commission from purchases
- Year of first Release — 2020
- Module Number — 5480
- Model Range — RADIO-CONTROLLED
- Other Divisions the PRW-70 belongs to: *you may find all watches of the division by clicking on the link
- Battery Type — Solar (ProTrek Batteries)
PRW-70 Model Range *may be updated
Official Marketing Focus from Casio
By adopting a metal layer structure in which the watch body is sandwiched between metal bezels and a lug-integrated case back, the size fits perfectly at your fingertips. In addition, we have adopted a square side button with a special pattern that improves the feeling of holding the finger and a button guard that prevents malfunction of the button, achieving high operability in the field.
In addition to a triple sensor that can measure azimuth, altitude, pressure, and temperature, it is equipped with a tide graph that reads the ebb and flow of the tide and a fishing time function. It has a water resistant specification of 20 bar to cope with unexpected bad weather and various activities. In addition, the model has been finished to expand the range of activities in outdoor scenes such as mountains, rivers and the sea.
Official PRW-70 Specs / Features *for base version PRW-70-7
- Case/Bezel Material: Resin/Stainless Steel
- Durasoft band (silicone resin)
- Inorganic glass
- Screw lock type crown
- 20 ATM water resistant
- Tough solar (solar charging system)
- Radio wave reception function: Automatic reception (up to 6 times/day) (Chinese radio wave up to 5 times/day)/manual reception,
<Japan> Received radio waves: JJY, frequency: 40kHz/60kHz (models compatible with both Fukushima/Kyushu stations)
< North America> Received radio waves: WWVB, frequency: 60kHz
<Europe> Received radio waves: MSF/DCF77, frequency: 60kHz/77.5kHz
<China> Received radio waves: BPC, frequency: 68.5kHz
*For cities that can receive home time settings If set, you will receive stations tailored to the city. The time difference is set by the selected city.
- Automatic needle position correction function
- Azimuth measurement function: Automatic horizontal correction function, 16 azimuths and azimuth angles (0 to 359°) are measured, azimuth continuous measurement (60 seconds), north azimuth pointer function, bearing memory (shows azimuth angle and recorded direction) , Magnetic declination correction function, azimuth correction function
- Barometric pressure measurement function (measurement range: 260 to 1,100 hPa), barometric pressure trend graph (displaying the past 20 hours), barometric pressure difference indicator (±10 hPa), barometric pressure tendency information alarm (arrow when characteristic pressure change occurs) You will be notified with a sound alert)
*The atmospheric pressure tendency graph can be changed to every 30 minutes. In that case, it is the past 5 hours.
- Altitude measurement function/Relative altimeter (measurement range: -700 to 10,000m), altitude memory (measurement date/time/altitude up to 30 manual memories, automatic recording data: maximum/minimum altitude, automatic integration (up/down) ) Memory), altitude trend graph, altitude difference indicator (±100m / ±1000m), measurement interval setting function (every 5 seconds / 2 minutes)
*every 1 second only for the first 3 minutes
- Temperature measurement function (measurement range: -10 to 60°C)
- World time: 48 cities (31 time zones, with daylight saving time setting function) + UTC (Coordinated Universal Time) time display, UTC direct call function, home time city replacement function
- Fishing time
- Moon data (age only)
- Tide graph
- Sunrise/Sunset time display
- Stopwatch (1/100 second, 24 hour total, with split)
- Timer (set unit: 1 minute, maximum set: 60 minutes, measured in 1 second units)
- 5 time alarms/time signal
- Needle evacuation function (manual, automatic (when measuring altitude, atmospheric pressure, temperature))
- Battery indicator display
- Power saving function (in a dark place, after a certain period of time, the display is turned off and the hand movement is stopped to save power)
- Fully automatic calendar
- 12/24 hour display switching
- Low temperature resistance (-10℃)
- Operation sound ON/OFF switching function
- Double LED light: LED light
for dial (full auto light, afterglow function, afterglow time switching (1.5 seconds / 3 seconds)),
LED backlight for LCD part (full auto light, super illuminator, afterglow function, afterglow time) With switching (1.5 seconds / 3 seconds))
* The light for the dial is a neon illuminator.
- Driving time from the time of full charge to the state without solar power generation When
using the function: about 6 months When the
power saving state: about 21 months
- Size (H×W×D): 51.1×49.9×14.5mm
- Mass: 79g
Recent News about PRW-70
You ask, we answer…
CASIO’s original solar-charging system converts not only sunlight but also light from fluorescent lamps and other sources into power.
It’s the electronic mechanism that “estimates” the altitude based on the air pressure.
It measures and displays direction as one of 16 points.
It measures the air pressures and displays tendencies in the weather.