Detailed PRW-70 technical specs are here →
PRW-70 Model Range *may be updated
*Want to be the first to know about new ProTrek Updates? Here we store all recent Monthly ProTrek Updates →
Quick Content Guide
- PRW-70 Model Range *in different colors and bands
- General information about the watch *year of first release, model range etc.
- ProTrek PRW-70 on the wrist *only images and only on the wrist
- The most distinctive specs *from our Editorial point of view
- Other ProTrek PRW Watches *similar by price and functions but different by cases
- Official PRW-70 Specs *all details and for base version PRW-70-7
- Enjoy Japanese Unique Features in PRW-70! *key features of PRW-70 series
- PRW-70 Comparison Table *with similar ProTrek Watches
- Recent News about PRW-70 *the latest breaking news and videos
About PRW-70 in Short. By adopting a metal layer structure in which the watch body is sandwiched between metal bezels and a lug-integrated case back, the size fits perfectly at your fingertips. In addition, we have adopted a square side button with a special pattern that improves the feeling of holding the finger and a button guard that prevents malfunction of the button, achieving high operability in the field.
In addition to a triple sensor that can measure azimuth, altitude, pressure, and temperature, it is equipped with a tide graph that reads the ebb and flow of the tide and a fishing time function. It has a water resistant specification of 20 bar to cope with unexpected bad weather and various activities. In addition, the model has been finished to expand the range of activities in outdoor scenes such as mountains, rivers and the sea.
|Price||may be available *average Amazon Price, we may earn commission from purchases|
|Year of First Release||2020|
|Battery Type||Solar (ProTrek Batteries)|
ProTrek PRW-70 on the wrist!
The most distinctive specs of PRW-70 *Editorial
— 200-meter water resistance (good for swimming but not for deep diving)
— Low temperature resistant (stable operation of the watch is guaranteed even at a temperature of -20°C)
— Radio-controlled Watch; Multi band 6 (additional way for time sync. This watch receives time calibration radio signals that keep the displayed time accurate)
— Tough Solar (CASIO’s original solar-charging system converts not only sunlight but also light from fluorescent lamps and other sources into power)
— Digital compass (measures and displays direction as one of 16 points)
— Thermometer (can measure and display the outside temperature in a range from -10 C to 60 C)
— Barometer (measures the air pressures and displays tendencies in the weather)
— Altimeter (The electronic mechanism “estimates” the altitude based on the air pressure)
— Moon Data (The moon phase indicator shows the current moon phase based to the earth)
— Tide indicator (Once the high tide time has been entered for a selected location, the watch can display the low and high tide phases at this location on any given date)
— Fishing Timer (Know when they are biting. The watch displays a fish symbol when it is the perfect time for fishing)
— Sunrise/sunset display (After entering the geographical location, sunrise and sunset times can be displayed for any given date)
— Smart Access (the system for analogue movements achieves multi-functionality and easy operability simultaneously through a combination of multiple motors and an electronic crown)
— Tough Movement (A CASIO-original thin analog movement made possible by hybrid mounting protects against damage and enables auto home position correction that helps keep you on time all the time)
— Neon Illuminator (Illuminating the display causes the face, and hour and minute hands to glow with neon color, which looks great late on a dark outdoor night)
Other ProTrek PRW Watches *similar by price and functions but different by cases
These are not all ProTrek PRW Series. Here is a list of All ProTrek PRW Watches →
Official PRW-70 Specs / Features *for base version PRW-70-7
- Case/Bezel Material: Resin/Stainless Steel
- Durasoft band (silicone resin)
- Inorganic glass
- Screw lock type crown
- 20 ATM water resistant
- Tough solar (solar charging system)
- Radio wave reception function: Automatic reception (up to 6 times/day) (Chinese radio wave up to 5 times/day)/manual reception,
<Japan> Received radio waves: JJY, frequency: 40kHz/60kHz (models compatible with both Fukushima/Kyushu stations)
< North America> Received radio waves: WWVB, frequency: 60kHz
<Europe> Received radio waves: MSF/DCF77, frequency: 60kHz/77.5kHz
<China> Received radio waves: BPC, frequency: 68.5kHz
*For cities that can receive home time settings If set, you will receive stations tailored to the city. The time difference is set by the selected city.
- Automatic needle position correction function
- Azimuth measurement function: Automatic horizontal correction function, 16 azimuths and azimuth angles (0 to 359°) are measured, azimuth continuous measurement (60 seconds), north azimuth pointer function, bearing memory (shows azimuth angle and recorded direction) , Magnetic declination correction function, azimuth correction function
- Barometric pressure measurement function (measurement range: 260 to 1,100 hPa), barometric pressure trend graph (displaying the past 20 hours), barometric pressure difference indicator (±10 hPa), barometric pressure tendency information alarm (arrow when characteristic pressure change occurs) You will be notified with a sound alert)
*The atmospheric pressure tendency graph can be changed to every 30 minutes. In that case, it is the past 5 hours.
- Altitude measurement function/Relative altimeter (measurement range: -700 to 10,000m), altitude memory (measurement date/time/altitude up to 30 manual memories, automatic recording data: maximum/minimum altitude, automatic integration (up/down) ) Memory), altitude trend graph, altitude difference indicator (±100m / ±1000m), measurement interval setting function (every 5 seconds / 2 minutes)
*every 1 second only for the first 3 minutes
- Temperature measurement function (measurement range: -10 to 60°C)
- World time: 48 cities (31 time zones, with daylight saving time setting function) + UTC (Coordinated Universal Time) time display, UTC direct call function, home time city replacement function
- Fishing time
- Moon data (age only)
- Tide graph
- Sunrise/Sunset time display
- Stopwatch (1/100 second, 24 hour total, with split)
- Timer (set unit: 1 minute, maximum set: 60 minutes, measured in 1 second units)
- 5 time alarms/time signal
- Needle evacuation function (manual, automatic (when measuring altitude, atmospheric pressure, temperature))
- Battery indicator display
- Power saving function (in a dark place, after a certain period of time, the display is turned off and the hand movement is stopped to save power)
- Fully automatic calendar
- 12/24 hour display switching
- Low temperature resistance (-10℃)
- Operation sound ON/OFF switching function
- Double LED light: LED light
for dial (full auto light, afterglow function, afterglow time switching (1.5 seconds / 3 seconds)),
LED backlight for LCD part (full auto light, super illuminator, afterglow function, afterglow time) With switching (1.5 seconds / 3 seconds))
* The light for the dial is a neon illuminator.
- Driving time from the time of full charge to the state without solar power generation When
using the function: about 6 months When the
power saving state: about 21 months
- Size (H×W×D): 51.1×49.9×14.5mm
- Mass: 79g
Enjoy Japanese approaches to Travel and Functional ProTrek Watches!
Every adventure needs a reliable partner. PRO TREK is exactly the kind of watch that you need to meet the demands of your interests. PRO TREK is equipped with functions such as solar power operation, a digital compass, an altimeter, a barometer and a thermometer. The combination of innovative technology, a robust precision movement and state-of-the-art design makes the PRO TREK the perfect companion for all adventures under the open sky. Mountain or valley? Forest or meadow? River or lake? No matter what awaits you, you will be well-prepared to make any rough terrain your own thanks to the PRO TREK.
Experience for yourself how PRO TREK opens up new horizons while always pointing you in the right direction!
Tough Solar. The CASIO Tough Solar System is now so advanced that even the weakest light sources are sufficient to operate the watches. The solar cells are so small and inconspicuous that they can be integrated easily into every watch face design.
An accumulator in solar watches saves “superfluous” energy and releases it when the watch is in darkness. The accumulator is charged automatically and does not require manual activation.
RADIO WATCH TECHNOLOGY.
The advantages of radio-controlled watches are obvious: Once they have been set to the relevant time zone, they always display the exact local time. All CASIO radio watches receive signals almost anywhere in Europe. Some models even receive signals in North America, parts of Canada and Mexico (the radio tower in Fort Collins sends signals for a radius of up to 3200 km) and even in Japan or China. In Europe, the change from summer to winter time is also completely automatic.
Quick Access to Important Functions
With its electronic crown, the innovative Smart Access system provides intuitive access to key functions. By rotating and pressing the crown, the user can switch between individual features such as the altimeter or alarm, and settings can be adjusted quickly and directly. The Smart Access system is protected by a crown switch locking feature, preventing the watch from switching unintentionally to another mode.
Triple Sensor. PRO TREK watches are equipped with the latest Triple Sensor, version 3 technology, making them even more accurate than before. Three highly sensitive, extremely small sensors measure with absolute precision and instantly display changes in your environment. The precision of the digital compass, altimeter, barometer and thermometer is only possible with the Triple Sensor technology. At the same time, the three layer sensor is 95% smaller and consumes 90% less energy than before.
Altimeter. For all those who set their sights high
The built-in altimeter uses a pressure sensor to measure the current air pressure.
The measured air pressure is then used to provide an “estimate” of the current altitude.
The electronic mechanism in the watch is pre-programmed with “ISA values” (“International Standard Atmosphere”) used to convert pressure values into altitude values.
The air pressure and temperature generally become lower as the altitude increases.
These values define the connection between altitude, air pressure and temperature.
Barometer. The barometer measures the air pressures and displays tendencies in the weather.
The higher a person goes (ascent/terrain), the lower the barometric pressure will be.
An increase in air pressure usually signifies an improvement in the weather.
A decrease in air pressure usually means that bad weather is on its way.
The air pressure is displayed with an accuracy of 1 hPa (hectopascals).
The barometer can measure and display a range from 260 hPa to 1100 hPa.
The PRO TREK digital compass shows 16 compass points. The direction of magnetic north and the bearing are calculated by the compass’s directional sensor The directional sensor consists of two rectangular coils that detect slight tensions created by the earth’s magnetic field. Depending on the position and direction, these tensions vary in intensity. There is a non-magnetic resistance between the two coils, which absorbs the subtle changes in tension. With each new position, the values that are measured by the resistance change. A microprocessor converts the measurements so that they can be displayed clearly on your watch.
Thermometer. The thermometer is used to measure the outside temperature.
The temperature is displayed with an accuracy of 0.1 °C.
The thermometer can measure and display a range from -10.0°C to 60.0°C.
MOON PHASE DISPLAY.
The moon moves through a regular 29.53 day cycle, during which it appears to become either smaller or larger due to the relative position between the earth, moon and sun. The larger the angle distance between the moon and the sun*, the more of the moon we see illuminated.n Europe, the change from summer to winter time is also completely automatic.
TIDE GRAPH DISPLAY.
The tides refer to the periodic rise and fall of water in oceans, seas, bays and other bodies of water. This is caused mainly by the gravitation between earth, the moon and the sun. The tides rise and fall approximately every six hours.
Always be aware of the tidal patterns.
The watch can show the low and high tide phases for any given location or date. This can be quite useful, for example if you want to know the patterns of the tides at your destination in advance.
The watertightness of the CASIO watches complies with DIN 8310 and ISO 22810. These standards describe the various classes of watertightness and the test procedure used to determine watertightness.
These standards apply to the general wristwatch usage. Watches with metre indications for watertightness cannot be used immediately in this water depth, however, as water resistance metre indications are merely a pictorial representation of the test pressure. A wristwatch withstands the impact of water at the static pressure specified on the watch (e.g. 10 bar) and the theoretical immersion in water to the specified depth.
PRW-70 Comparison Table with similar ProTrek Watches
Year of first Release
Bluetooth (via phone app)
Bluetooth (via phone app)
Radio-controlled (via atomic watch signals)
ProTrek Connected App
ProTrek Connected App
STN LCD (more distinct and bigger digits)
Cross-Frame Structure (disperses impacts, reinforcing the case’s)
Moon Data (good for fishing and tides)
Double LED light (Auto LED light, Super illuminator)
Double LED light (Auto LED light, Super illuminator)
Neobright and Double LED light
Case / bezel material
Resin / Aluminum
Size (mm) *we consider 48.9×42.8×13.4 to be a traditional watch size (as in DW-5600). So you are to compare how far or close the watch is to this size
Full features (if you want to know more)
Recent News about PRW-70
- [PROTREK Review] PRW-6900YL-5 is an insanely beautiful watch
- [ProTrek Review] PRT-B50-4ER – when the watch writes history from a blank slate
- [ProTrek Review] PRW-50Y-1B — Retro Tourist Watch
You ask, we answer…
CASIO’s original solar-charging system converts not only sunlight but also light from fluorescent lamps and other sources into power.
It’s the electronic mechanism that “estimates” the altitude based on the air pressure.
It measures and displays direction as one of 16 points.
It measures the air pressures and displays tendencies in the weather.
Can’t find a ProTrek of your dream? There are more watches!